Can't activate the display.

Just got a Fold XS and the display did not turn on when I turned on the battery.

One problem is that the video shows a different device, one to which a short cable is already attached, so I had to do some guess work. I attached the short extension with the green male end to the port on the left side (the larger port). Then I connected 2 pairs of dangling wires according to their colors. None of that is mentioned on the video.

Did I do anything wrong, what should I do?

I hope I don't have to sign up for Facebook, where there seems to be a large Sondors group, to get some answer.

Thanks.

Fred

This should be the instructions for the Fold XS Color Display.
https://player.vimeo.com/external/438712730.hd.mp4?s=32b23b8b636cda80425966abf539c2634d24a5fc&profile_id=175
You have to use the Handlebar Display Control to turn on the LCD.  
Locate the power/control switch for your LCD screen on the left side of the handlebars. Hold down the center power button until the LCD screen turns on. Use the up/down arrows to set your desired level of pedal assist (PAS). **Please note that when the pedal assist is set at level 0 (zero) your SONDORS will not move, this will help prevent forward acceleration caused by accidentally hitting the throttle.**

image.jpeg.70856a90dc2fbc70ad15760e3954a35d.jpeg
            REDDY