Thinking about getting a sondors

Maxpsi82

Hello all. I am thinking about getting my first ebike for weight loss. I am 300lbs and looking at the mxs vs the xs. What would be better. Also Is the 750w motor ok for my size? I was thinking the mxs would be easier to pedal at low power assist. What do you think.? Thank you for any input. 

The MXS should have a slightly lower rolling resistance (because of the tires) than the XS.  Given the power of the 750 watt motor, I wouldn't be too concerned either way unless you have hills to worry about.  Even the MXS struggles to move my 250 pounds up a few of the very steep hills here in middle TN.

Personally, I initially wanted the XS but it was out of stock at the time.  So I ordered the MXS, which was in stock, to start exercising ASAP.  I have since ordered the LX mid-drive in order to take advantage of the ebike gearing to get up the steep hills easily. I also really need the step-through as I ended up flat on my back on my concrete driveway getting off the bike recently.

Conceptions about eBike operations change after you get on and ride. I have experienced weight loss on my Sondors but exercise is just a small part of my own 81 pound loss transformation. My diet is the magic to my loss and continued reversal to good health and weight. It wasn’t until I committed to a Ketogenic lifestyle that I got to 187 pounds, I’m 6’.
I’ve been a serious cyclist since the 80’s and own 12 other analog bikes. 
As far as bike choice, at 300 pounds, the main consideration is tire size to support you. The MXS has narrower tires and less, rim to ground rubber, thus volume of air, between you and the road. That small volume will have to be at very high pressure for support. It will be like riding solid wheels and tires.  The large volume of air and large tires on the XS are better suited to carrying heavy loads and the large volume of air acts as suspension over the terrain. The ease of pedaling either Sondors are mitigated by Pedal Assist, you add what human power you can or want.  My Sondors Original Fat, did carry my weight and 50 pounds of Dog Food on its rear rack when I sold my car to use only my bikes for transportation for 3 years, to commit to changing my health.
image.thumb.jpeg.e9e09e087f7f31c3335847996695f554.jpeg
I had Type II Diabetes, High BP & Cholesterol and a Fatty Liver for 2 Decades. I took 7 prescription medications, a couple of those twice a day. I was headed to an early grave. I started following scientist and new health advocates along with my Doctor’s approval to follow Keto.  I first started following  Dr Mark Hyman on his YouTube channel "the Doctors Farmacy"; https://youtube.com/c/drmarkhyman  Then Drs, Jeff Volek & Stephen Phinney, leading scientists on  Ketogenesis, on various YouTube videos and reading both their books:
 https://tinyurl.com/Reddys-Book- Lifestyle 
https://tinyurl.com/Reddys-Book-Performance

To  sustain my Keto I started following Keto Connect’s Videos and their Website to track, plan menus and followed their recommendations. 
https://youtube.com/c/KetoConnect

The result of my own diet & exercise is … I no longer have any disease, I take no prescription medications but support a healthy lifestyle with supplements suggested by the above scientists. I do ride 20 to 42 miles, on my regular routes and it’s a 20mi round trip to my mailbox. I’ve ridden every day this week but do not ride everyday, averaging just over 24 mi each trip and I quit counting total milage, on my 3 Sondors at 20,000 mi since 2015. 
I would recommend the XS over the MXS but most buyers’ choices are based on their perceptions and wholly personal choices.  I have 3 versions of the Sondors Fat bikes. With 350, 500 & 750watt motors. They all are capable of high performance, the higher wattage rated motors just get to top speed a lot quicker. The motor watt rating is wholly arbitrary based on the manufactures designation not actual motor demand or usage. For instance our 350 W motor is the same exact motor as the EU’s 250 W motor to fit into their laws and regulations and only the rating stamped on the motor case exhibits that.  All three motors are nearly identical inside except for the permanent  magnet mass that is inside the respective motors. All my bikes perform happily at over 1000 watts. 

19CB6F94-B6F7-43EE-802D-618046A99437.thumb.jpeg.657a556a83e41c2e8609ba5daa27f82d.jpeg

image.jpeg.70856a90dc2fbc70ad15760e3954a35d.jpeg
            REDDY

2 minutes ago, Reddy Kilowatt said:

Conceptions about eBike operations change after you get on and ride. I have experienced weight loss on my Sondors but exercise is just a small part of my own 81 pound transformation. My diet is the magic to my loss and continued reversal to good health and weight. It wasn’t until I committed to a Ketogenic lifestyle that I got to 187 pounds, I’m 6’.
I’ve been a serious cyclist since the 80’s and own 12 other analog bikes. 
As far as bike choice, at 300 pounds, the main consideration is tire size to support you. The MXS has narrower tires and less, rim to ground rubber, thus volume of air, between you and the road. That small volume will have to be at very high pressure for support. It will be like riding solid wheels and tires.  The large volume of air and large tires on the MX are better suited to carrying heavy loads and the large volume of air acts as suspension over the terrain. The ease of pedaling either Sondors are mitigated by Pedal Assist, you add what human power you can or want.  My Sondors Original Fat, did carry my weight and 50 pounds of Dog Food on its rear rack when I sold my car to use only my bikes for transportation for 3 years, to commit to changing my health.
image.thumb.jpeg.e9e09e087f7f31c3335847996695f554.jpeg
I had Type II Diabetes, High BP & Cholesterol and a Fatty Liver for 2 Decades. I took 7 prescription medications, a couple of those twice a day. I was headed to an early grave. I started following scientist and new health advocates along with my Doctor’s approval to follow Keto.  I first started following  Dr Mark Hyman on his YouTube channel "the Doctors Farmacy; https://youtube.com/c/drmarkhyman  Then Drs, Jeff Volek & Stephen Phinney, leading scientists on  Ketogenesis, on various YouTube videos and reading both their books:
 https://tinyurl.com/Reddys-Book- Lifestyle 
https://tinyurl.com/Reddys-Book-Performance

To  sustain my Keto I started following Keto Connect’s Videos and their Website to track, plan menus and followed their recommendations. 
https://youtube.com/c/KetoConnect

The result of my own diet & exercise is … I no longer have any disease, I take no prescription medications but support a healthy lifestyle with supplements suggested by the above scientists. I do ride 20 to 42 miles, on my regular routes and it’s a 20mi round trip to my mailbox. I’ve ridden every day this week but not everyday, averaging just over 24 mi each trip and I quit counting total milage, on my 3 Sondors at 20,000 mi since 2015. 
I would recommend the MX over the MXS but most buyers’ choices are based on their perceptions and wholly personal choices.  

19CB6F94-B6F7-43EE-802D-618046A99437.thumb.jpeg.657a556a83e41c2e8609ba5daa27f82d.jpeg

image.jpeg.70856a90dc2fbc70ad15760e3954a35d.jpeg
            REDDY

Wow that’s for the great info. Congratulations on you TransformationTransformation

I'm hoping for a similar transformation. I'm 6'1" and weigh around 280. I also have type 2 diabetes, HBP, and high cholesterol. I will be retiring in a little under 6 weeks and I'm hoping the job stress relief as well as exercise on my Fold XS will allow me to get to a more healthy weight. I wanted the folding bike to more easily transport when I go camping.

There is no doubt that sustained riding will make you healthier and increase muscle mass, that even when we are not riding, help burn carbohydrates [(glucose) calories] which is why those three components, contribute to weight problems and thus disease, in the first place.  Carbohydrates, the main component of our diets, recommended by the FDA as the base in their food pyramid, as their healthy diet recommendations are  upside down.
image.gif.713762a30cfbe09c110ae4659ca34117.gif
 Dr Hyman and Stephen Phinney both explain that the FDA’s recommendation are all by industry insiders who are connected to Food Industry & Agriculture.  That’s why the SAD diet (Standard American Diet) has Obesity and Diabetes in epidemic proportions in America.  
I can attest to my own experience and research, that following these and more scientist, that carbohydrates are poison to those of us that are carbohydrate intolerant; IE diabetic. I try, TRY, and limit myself to 20 grams of carbs a day but now that I’ve sustained my weight loss for 3 years, I test my tolerance by tracking blood glucose, after trying something high in carbs (yesterday evening, a small baked potato) to see the effect 30min & 1hour after consumption (112 & 118). Well below my high baseline but higher than my average. Almost every food that is "white" is bad for me and my goal is to stay in Ketosis. The market is full of products as Keto, or Keto Friendly but most are just trying to profit off the term KETO. Don’t believe it but do the research and follow the scientist experts that do the studies and publish their research. Keto Connect on YouTube is our best shopping guide on grocery shopping all recognizable grocers.  https://youtube.com/c/KetoConnect

Bum, I would suggest to you that Diet and in my experience, adding Keto to my riding was like a magic combination that saw me continually loosing 2, 3 or 4 pound a week until I  slowed to bottom out at my own bodies base weight of 187. At that point I stopped losing weight but I knew from recommendations that quiting keto would reverse my weight accomplishments.  It did take a year without falter, less I kick myself out of Keto.  This sound unintuitive but you will burn BODY FAT by eating Fat. That’s because in Keto, your body switched to burning fat and not carbohydrates. The exercise I now do burns fat (ketones which is the  component fat turns into by your body, mostly by my liver)  instead of carbs because they are no longer a huge component in my diet or lifestyle. There are many other benefits to keto, besides weight loss and the elimination of disease.  
I ask you please watch this video and it’s 2 other, 2nd & 3rd associated video by Stephen Phinney the leading scientist on Ketogenisis and I’ll get off of my soap box.

image.jpeg.50db32495723c2cbb2a104ab1938b69a.jpeg

‘Nuff Said Reddy

This will get you started and you won’t have to cook.
Here is the best, low cost, diet, bargain lunch or dinner in McKinney, I know of. 
For lunch, for a couple of years and my first meal of the day because I also practice intermittent fasting, I’d ride my Electric Black Lightning to the farthest What a Burger   In Denton from my home, 25mi Round Trip. I’d stop at the post office and pick up my mail in my P O Box on the way. You have to order this exact way and sequence. 
"I’d like a large meat patty (do not mention the word Hamburger), add; onions, pickles, lettuce and tomato, and a large senior drink, Please". If they ask you if you’d like a bunless What a Burger?  Say No! -and repeat your order.  This is what you should get. It’s resembles a salad with a Hamburger meat patty for $1.73 including tax, the ”senior drink” is free always specify large, sometimes they give you a medium. It helps to visit your regular WAB and make friends with the counter people because the Size of the orders can vari from individual restaurants. *$1.73* 
image.thumb.jpeg.9f66c32cf0f41bd74ed856dc1f471dda.jpeg

I’ve been getting this lunch for years at various What a Burgers around the DFW MetroStool. I’d sometimes have to get the manager to intervene if the counter person tries to insist that it’s a "Bun-less, What a Burger". But their cash registers are organized with those individual selections. A What a Burger without a bun and a large drink is about $4.46 or some-such.  

That qualifies as a Atkins Lunch … add an Avocado & Avocado Oil, as salad dressing and it’s got enough Fat to be Keto.
image.thumb.jpeg.76906d7da7f3082f879648870c66bd2a.jpeg

REDDY

I like to cook, but when I get home after 8pm every evening, that’s hard to do without messing up my meal and sleep schedule.

One of the dishes common in Kansas where I’m originally from is the bierock. It normally consists of a pastry shell filled with ground beef, cabbage, and onions. I may try it without the edible shell.

There are lower carb pasta noodles, https://wholesomeprovisions.com/collections/pastas/products/lemon-pepper-fettuccine-low-carb-pasta-carba-nada-high-in-protein-high-fiber
I like to cook too and I try and make large portions that I can freeze in individual sized meals and mitigate meal preparation time nightly. I find Keto specific recipes in my Yummly App. I’m particularly found of:
image.thumb.jpeg.ffda38e5b533814d87e8359a7539eb98.jpeg
F15BF769-FA64-43B6-81C9-18B3AD910CC7.jpeg.ec9298ae1f3166d07fe618901feadeab.jpeg

REDDY