New XS Fold has strong pedal assist on level 0

Hello,

I previously had a Fold X where there was zero pedal assist on level 0. 

My new Fold XS on  level 0 has a very strong pedal assist. It is awkward. 

I tried to go into the settings but could not see what the % value was for level 0, only level 1-9 or 1-5 even if I selected 0-9 or 0-5.

I set slow start to 0 and still feel a very strong pedal assist on level 0.

I would like level 0 to have zero pedal assist. I don’t care if it turns off the throttle. 

thank you,

Oscar

I can only guess but because of previous Controller, LCD mismatch problems that it might be your problem. Contact Sondors.com with all information on the supplied Controller & LCD model #’s and behavior information. In the mean time you might want to return your controller to the Default settings. 
Your LCD User Manual is available in the Instruction Section of the forum.
image.jpeg.70856a90dc2fbc70ad15760e3954a35d.jpeg
            REDDY 

How do you return to default setting? Is it the factory setting to yes? It was no previously.

I tried it again and it feels like it’s the highest level of pedal assist regardless of level selected. 

As far as model numbers, where do I find the controller? Is it in the battery cavity? KD718 is the display? Do I need to pull a more specific number off the device?

C2AB32C9-ABE7-4CD3-B7EB-FF26769A97C2.jpeg

So I know nothing about this except that I watched a video about removing the battery and controller. usually there is a sticker on controllers that identify the model. And I believe that many sondors bikes use kt controllers.  kd718 sounds like the naming nomenclature for displays.

I have, that’s where I found the 1515 code. 

I did another test ride and noticed that I also can’t steady cruise at slow speed. It just accelerates in all levels. Also is the throttle on off? I seem to remember on my X that it was analog, like a real throttle. On this bike as soon as it engages it accelerates abruptly, even at part throttle. 

I opened a support ticket at sondors, but that’s not a quick process. 

Yeah, mine does that too. It’s current level is adjustable on my KT-LCD 3, for a softer start in settings but if I just slightly press the throttle, I can modulate it but more than about an eighth inch it’s full throttle. I only use my throttle to launch about 20 or so feet. Mostly flat here. If you have a current watt display on that LCD, you’ll notice how much current is being delivered to the motor at different throttle positions. Our Bafang Motors only accelerate so fast regardless of watts supplied, the excess with full throttle is just turned into heat and waisted.  Any watt you don’t use, won’t have to be replaced when charging. You can try unplugging the throttle but I don’t think you’ll have any power without it connected. Did you find a phone number or a chat function on the Sondors Website? 
image.jpeg.50db32495723c2cbb2a104ab1938b69a.jpeg

REDDY

Thanks for the quick replies. 
I have their number saved in my phone from last time! I’ll give them a call, and chat on Monday. 
I’m pretty indifferent on the throttle but not being able to turn off PAS, and not having control of the level assist just can’t work. I can’t softly pedal up to a crosswalk and have this thing lurch forward the way it does. 
it just doesn’t seem like there is any control off the system right now. It’s just off or full power. The way it worked on the X was very intuitive and smooth. There’s just something wrong here. Hopefully it’s a quick fix. 

I’ll continue to scour the interwebs for any info on Bafang motors controllers  and the KD718. Oh and I have to look inside for the controller model as well. Will report back if I find anything. 
thanks for the help so far. 

I think, at this point, its a Controller Configuration problem. Something is set to max current for throttle and PAS. I just don’t have that LCD which if from a different manufacture than the Controller. I have the KD-51C (again another manufacture) on my new Sondors X and will be changing it to another KT-LCD3.    In my fleet.
it’s the Only L CD that has very few problems 

image.jpeg.76ad37f90918c5e0815be4bf5ab7988d.jpeg
   REDDY