Sondors XS Advanced Menu 25A -> 30A?

So I have a new SONDORS XS in graphite. I was looking at increasing the speed limit. I got into the advanced menu and see the limit set to 20. I pushed it to 25 but haven’t tried it out yet. I also noticed an amperage setting. Do I need to change any hardware before adjusting that setting? It goes to 30A (currently set at 25A). What are the pros and cons of doing so?

I believe I’ve  read a post by Matt Robertson on changing the Amperage setting on the XS and users experiencing problems. Try reviewing his posts by going to his profile page and look for posts in the 2017-2019 time frame. He doesn’t monitor Sondors anymore he’s gone Sur Ron. 
But here is the initial post by Matt :

https://sondorsforum.com/topic/2074-best-torque-settings-for-the-sondors-x/?do=findComment&comment=7697

F041D007-0236-48C6-9F4A-4C6484D1B7C2.jpeg.00e012adf5e04768a1ab0db40e872129.jpeg

REDDY

Excerpt from a private message from Matt (posted here with his permission):

I can say for sure nobody on the FB group has successfully increased amperage or that would be a very common mod that people would bring up a lot, since its still a production bike. The upgrade path is swapping in a 35a controller and a new display, and then maybe dumbing down the amps a tad because the 48v batteries have a BMS that can't go beyond a 35a peak (matching limits exactly like that can pop the BMS).

Personally, I use an aftermarket EBW, 52V -14ah battery and their 25Amp controller with their KT-LCD3-USB Display.  (compared to the KD-51C on my Sondors X, I find it superior, the KD-51C limits current as you reach Top Speed far sooner than the KT-LCD3) Those upgrades and a 58T chainring will power my Single Speed, Electric White Lightning to just shy of 33mph (fresh charge and pedaling like Lance Legstrong with my shoes on fire).
If you want to go fast, the Folds and their smaller diameter wheels and tires plus the limited aftermarket chainring size are limiting factors. All Bafang geared hub motors share the same max RPM, I believe, bill? So wheel size is a determining factor for top speed. I’m going to upgrade my White, to 3 Speed (parts have been shipped) just to make it easier off the line from stops, but other than it’s 26X4.0 Chaoyang rear tire (if I can find a, like 4.0 treaded tire with a larger ISO for the rear) it will remain otherwise the same as my light weight speedster. It’s light with its narrow rims and aluminum frame. Even the hard case panniers are light and matching Carbon Fiber bar, stem and seat post. 
3230816E-6886-47B8-9CBB-9405F275C73E.thumb.jpeg.6995ccbf4ecf4a2385aa799fa7ff1704.jpeg

I’m hoping all the new Mid Drive Drivers will post honest performance reports.
image.jpeg.1093245bb15ec30cd213dfc275d8b8c6.jpeg
    REDDY

On 10/12/2021 at 8:29 PM, Reddy Kilowatt said:

I’m hoping all the new Mid Drive Drivers will post honest performance reports.

Still waiting for the LX to get to Sondors from the port.  Sondors doesn't have a delivery appointment this week. <grumble>