Lifting a Sondors Fold XS into a vehicle

I started looking around for a way to lift a 70-lb Fold XS into/out of my SUV and my search led me to hoists for mobility devices. I'm 59 years old with a history of spinal problems, so I figured the last thing I needed was a hospital bill because I threw my back out lifting the bike (I'm retiring next year).

I ordered the least expensive one I could find, with a capacity of 200 lbs, I'll update this thread with my experiences, but probably not until I actually get the bike later this year (I hope). Here's the hoist I ordered:

Harmar Economy Inside Lift (universal-accessibility.com)

I used the "special offer" link to get a $61 coupon via email, dropping the price to $679.

Edited by TheBum

• 2 weeks later...

I feel your pain!  With accessories, my Fold XS weighs at least 75 pounds.  I'm 74, with lower back problems, a replaced hip, three stents in my heart, and pulmonary fibrosis, which is debilitating my muscles in addition to my lungs.  I've had to lift my Fold XS in and out of my SUV...no easy task!  Not sure how long I can continue that.  Looking at ebike carriers lately...

20210709_171551.jpg