Battery charger

I have a sondors fold x 48v.  The charger was stolen with other things.  I need to charge this bike for work.  Is there a cheap charger I could purchase from a store.  I ordered a battery once from sondors, and cancelled after almost 5 months, it never came.  But I need a charger now.  Any recommendations?

That’s a hard product to source. Cheap, doubt it? I’d first call Sondors and explain the immediacy of your need and see if they have one. If not, next I would try the 3 major Sondors Online Support Retailers, although none will have the Sondors Dedicated Charger but they should have a 48 V charger that’s of compatible output voltage.  You might have to change the charger to battery plug. LunaCycle will have one, as will Electrobikeworld, so should Boltonebikes. Be sure to explain your Fold X battery plug requirement. The whole world is experiencing a supply shortage, especially products made in China because of the Shortage of available shipping containers. 
FA7A23E0-74C1-4EF0-8B8C-C24323DEFC9C.jpeg.2346c8a9b61b7fbf10ea6fde6a79d74c.jpeg
              Reddy

No bill, I don’t think so based on my own experience. The 48V Fold X uses a 3amp charger and you’d think a 2 amp would just take longer to charge but I have a Sondors 2amp that came with my Original Sondors 36V 8.8 AH battery & a 3amp that came with my 3 Gen Sondors Custom Narrow 36V 12.3 AH and they are not interchangeable. Neither will work on the other’s battery. There is always a chance the 48V might and that’s a decent price. The Fold X uses the same charger that your MXS uses. And Sondors is sold out of that charger but that doesn’t mean that the right person answering the phone or chat can’t come up with one for a Damsel in Distress.
Try searching your chargers part #

Reddy 

The one thing that’s important about charging your battery, is how and how much you charge it. The Sondors chargers, top off the battery to a full charge. The Luna Advanced 48 Volt Charger has the ability to double the life of your battery if charged to only 80%. The 20% difference in charge of a full battery, depletes really quickly in the first mile or two of judicious riding, PAS 1, little or no throttle. Yes, the charger is more expensive but saves you battery longevity and money over time and more than pays for its self in the long run.  https://lunacycle.com/luna-charger-48v-advanced-300w-ebike-charger/
              REDDY

https://www.electricbike.com/how-to-make-lithium-battery-last/

• 3 months later...
On 8/9/2021 at 3:53 PM, Reddy Kilowatt said:

The one thing that’s important about charging your battery, is how and how much you charge it. The Sondors chargers, top off the battery to a full charge. The Luna Advanced 48 Volt Charger has the ability to double the life of your battery if charged to only 80%. The 20% difference in charge of a full battery, depletes really quickly in the first mile or two of judicious riding, PAS 1, little or no throttle. Yes, the charger is more expensive but saves you battery longevity and money over time and more than pays for its self in the long run.  https://lunacycle.com/luna-charger-48v-advanced-300w-ebike-charger/
              REDDY

https://www.electricbike.com/how-to-make-lithium-battery-last/

Is this charger compatible with Sondors Fold X with 48 v battery?

Thank you for the advice. I am trying to figure out if this would be better than ordering the original charger. I have a bike with 1200 miles on it. I realized the charger wasn't working because the fan wasn't coming on. I borrowed the same charger from a friend and it did charge the battery. I am thinking the battery should still have some charging cycles left!