A friend of mine has been ogling my Sondors MXS and wants an ebike, but is not willing to spend the money for a new one.  He's found what I believe to be one of the Sondors Indiegogo fat bikes.  It's a black bike with yellow wheels and appears (from the picture) to be a single speed.  The owner says it a 36 volt 350 watt motor.  I'm going to ride up in the morning with him to check it out.  Assuming that it's in good shape, about what is it worth?

Edited by billmeek
Correction of wattage from 530 to 350

Your right Bill. That sounds like they first Issue Sondors indigogo in black & yellow, the most popular color combination and first factory production run, with delivery mid-July 2015. The triangle battery box is only on Sondors eBikes. 
It has a 350watt Bafang 8Fun geared hub motor. 
A freshly, fully charged 36V - 8.8ah battery should register about 42.0 volts. Anything below, like 40 volts, wouldn’t be unusual at that bike’s age. I don’t think they are available from Sondors anymore. Replacing the battery could cost $200 to $250 for a 36v. 
image.thumb.jpeg.d0c00fa96eb5e4c7ca7d3f307dd7f7e4.jpeg

Check the tire wear to judge how much it’s been ridden. The stock Chaoyang tires are really tough, so if it has different tires, it again may be well ridden or the owner might have a preferred other tire. Probably won’t have an LCD screen because they were only available from China back then and Sondors didn’t offer them.  If it appears that it has a lot of mileage and the chain is rusty or dry, it, the Freewheel and maybe the whole crank set because the Originals didn't have replaceable chainrings but all might be toast and need replacement. Tilt the bike on its stand and manually turn the rear wheel a few revolutions forward & backwards. Listen for clicking or grinding or any other anomaly. Brake pad are cheap but look at the thickness of the pads, that could indicate, again, how much it’s been ridden. 
I can tell you that it cost $499.00 & $197.00 shipping.  $696 total and it looks like this. Only this bike has a 25Amp controller, mounted differently than the 15 amp Original, because of its size, plus the rear rack and top tube trunk are aftermarket, and I think I’ve given all my Sondors Seats away, so that’s not original, nor are the stem, bar or seat post.

Value is hard too judge because I don’t monitor the used market but barring any cracked welds or other damage in a mid America  market, it might be worth the original Sondors price. In California, it might be worth more. When the Sondors first came out, existing eBike retailers remarked that, you couldn’t buy the parts at Sondors asking price, let alone deliver a fully assembled  eBike.  
Just identify all the negatives to negotiate ⬇️
image.jpeg.7f96e7fbd55def48cd8257f788963c9e.jpeg

REDDY

9026FA73-5AA2-42E2-8BD4-D70947686051.jpeg

Thanks Reddy,

They list a Panasonic 12.8 amp hour battery with the Sondors name on it.  I think it's an after market battery   The rear tire is "Big Buddy".  Don't know about the front.  From what I've read the rear fat tires normally wear out in around 2K miles.  It does have a LCD screen.  It also appears to have a front suspension fork.

Could this be a later generation Sondors or has it just been heavily modified?

That was an upgrade option from Sondors and I have that battery in the pic of my 1st Gen that I sent but it came with my 2nd Gen Sondors.  I don’t remember how much extra that was. The suspension fork would also make it a 2 Generation Sondors. Because the upgrade batt & fork were on the Kickstarter Campaign. Same for the LCD   Screen.  The 2nd Gen don't have "ebike" on the triangle battery box printed under SONDORS. 
It could also have an aluminum frame, as an upgrade option, like my Electric White Lightning. I’d rate the suspension fork, pretty low on performance. It’s adequate on my strictly street EWL, but it’s not good on trail riding as reported by those others owners who do ride trails. I did take my EWL to the LBJ Grasslands to ride the trails there. Those trails were created for Foot & Equine and they both can navigate terrain that is almost impossible for bikes. 
see: https://sondorsforum.com/topic/2383-understanding-parts-compatibility-for-your-sondors-ebike/       

FA7A23E0-74C1-4EF0-8B8C-C24323DEFC9C.jpeg.2346c8a9b61b7fbf10ea6fde6a79d74c.jpeg
         REDDY

Thanks Reddy,

Went up this morning to look at the bike and another one the owner had for sale.  The second bike is a ladies cruiser style bike with a 750 watt Bafang mid-drive added to it and has a 48 volt 13.6 ah Panasonic battery.    The tires were replaced on the Sondors because the original tires were dry rotted.  Both bikes show around 30 miles on the odometers.  My friend bought the pair for $1100.

Bikes1.jpg.0bdb8ac7331e038c4b73249375cd50e3.jpg

Bikes2.jpg.77f750a9b7f3a97cfaeefda15a887acc.jpg

Although the handlebar and cranks were swapped out on the Sondors, we also got the factory parts so we can put it back original.