Greetings everyone. I have just received my first Sondors ebike today and I have made a problem for myself. I have never worked on a bike before so if my terminology is inaccurate I hope you'll bear with me. 

While assembling the bike I was trying to remove the acorn nuts from the front wheel axel to install to the body and while doing so I stripped/rounded the screw-thing that the nuts were on and now I can't retighten them. You can imagine how happy I am with myself. I was wondering what the part was called that needed replacing, if it's easy to find and how difficult is it to fix? Oh and what tools do I need? My apologies. Like I said I am a complete rube when it comes to all this right now. Any advice would be be immensely appreciated. Thank you all for your time.

Edited by nebulasNasal
Spelling error
  • nebulasNasal changed the title to Fold X Front Axle Problem

Sondors.com the company, posts this at the beginning of their  "Assembly of Sondors Electric Bike" page.

"ASSEMBLY

Now that you have your new SONDORS - Congratulations and Welcome! 

Note: If you are unfamiliar or uncomfortable with the assembly process, please take your SONDORS to a reputable bicycle professional for assistance. Otherwise, please see the series of videos below to guide you through the process."

https://shop.sondors.com/pages/assembly

That is the best advise that can be given for your problem. 
No replacement part, ie the "front hub axel",  is listed for the Fold X or any other Sondors Model for that matter on the Sondors parts listings, you’ll need to contact Sondors.com for guidance because I’ve heard that they have sent axels out to needy owners. 
A qualified bicycle shop with the correct matching screw tread die, might be able to repair the damaged threads, but a new axel and associated parts would be more reliable.
‘Go to Sondors.com and ”Submit A Request" on their "Support" tab.

FA7A23E0-74C1-4EF0-8B8C-C24323DEFC9C.jpeg.2346c8a9b61b7fbf10ea6fde6a79d74c.jpeg

REDDY

Forum Moderator 

https://sondorsforum.com/topic/2081-visual-map-to-sondors-original-parts/

Contact the guys at 805ebike.com they may have a replacement axle bolt.  Otherwise a good machine shop can clean up the stripped threads using tap and die set (you can buy same at Lowe or Home Depot) or use a thread file.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, EmtbRider said:

Contact the guys at 805ebike.com they may have a replacement axle bolt.  Otherwise a good machine shop can clean up the stripped threads using tap and die set (you can buy same at Lowe or Home Depot) or use a thread file.

I've resolved the issue and greatly appreciate your response. Means a lot. Thank you so much.