Sondors X - display not powering on, no assistance SOLVED

Hi, 

I bought a Sondors X about two years ago. I've ridden about 1000 miles on it.  It's the model with 48V 17.5Ah battery and I think 20A controller. The display is the square KD51C version.
Yesterday morning the display just didn't power on and there is no power going to the motor. I can hear a rapid clicking sound coming from inside the display when I'm trying to power on the bike with the power-on button on the handlebar control. The battery is about 75% charged so there definitely should be power available (the battery indicator on the battery itself shows 3 out of 4 lights and the night before, when the bike was working perfectly, the display showed 3 out of 5 bars).

Do you have any idea is it the display or the controller that has gone wrong? I've tried to disconnect everything, let it rest for a while and then re-connected everything with no luck. Is there anything else I could try?

Edited by 0401365

I’d start by checking for voltage inside the controller to LCD’s, HiGo connector with your multimeter, to see if power is getting to the LCD. Should be low voltage because it’s only a control signal. Have you tried eliminating the LCD from the circuit by replacing the Higo connector cap that you removed to install the LCD when you assembled your Sondors? If your Sondors does regain basic function, the problem is probably the LCD. 
https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/07311eb3-00dc-4383-8b32-3d08ce5ac7ed
28C2D9CE-B578-4127-BAC2-8C3252C2F97E.jpeg.87bfeff53ceffea891c43669e97ae427.jpeg

REDDY

On 2/15/2021 at 6:19 PM, Reddy Kilowatt said:

I’d start by checking for voltage inside the controller to LCD’s, HiGo connector with your multimeter, to see if power is getting to the LCD. Should be low voltage because it’s only a control signal. Have you tried eliminating the LCD from the circuit by replacing the Higo connector cap that you removed to install the LCD when you assembled your Sondors? If your Sondors does regain basic function, the problem is probably the LCD. 
https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/07311eb3-00dc-4383-8b32-3d08ce5ac7ed

REDDY

Holy crap it's alive! I unplugged the display, plugged in the Higo cap and voila, there is power! Thanks Reddy! 

Now I just need to replace the display... Any suggestions besides sondors.com (which I for whatever reason think will take ages to arrive if I order from there)?

• 0401365 changed the title to Sondors X - display not powering on, no assistance SOLVED

Not necessarily, you could replace both your display, with an aftermarket display  & upgrade to 25 Amp controller from Electrobikeworld.com   https://electrobikeworld.com/products 

or Boltonebikes.com   https://boltonebikes.com/collections/motor-controllers-and-displays

for slightly more that just the Replacement Displays cost at Sondors. Not only would you see an increase in performance but you’ll never be plagued by the proprietary communication protocol issue, that’s a marketing tool, to charge more money for LCDs & Controllers. 

Always communicate with our preferred vendors before pushing the buy button for correct product compatibility. 

REDDY

• Like 1