Multiple Battery Chargers

Newbie  question again.  The joys of buying a used bike.  Fold XS, 48 V.  Unit came with 2 SANS chargers 1). Model SSL.CL 180W-48M. Output 48 v 3.0 A And 2)  Model SSL. C300V48-UL.  Output 48 V 5.0 A.

I assume that the 3A is the original and that the 5A is aftermarket.  Are both of these safe to use?  I really don’t want to screw up my battery by using the higher amp charger.  I am assuming that they are both safe and that they will not overcharge.

There seems to be lots of expertise here and eventually I will learn where the correct place to post my questions.  I have been spending lots of time reading old posts, learning things, but not totally sure if some of them apply to a Fold XS.  Interesting site and appreciate the patience most of you show to me and to each other.

I wish the weather would improve so I can try this bike out!   The joys of winter in British Columbia, Canada.  So far it sits in my living room with the 3rd coat of ceramic wax.  If nothing else I am learning the nuts and bolts and have it all adjusted for moi.  Thanks everyone for all your help and patience.  

3 amp is what Sondors sends with new bikes.  5 amp would be considered a fast charger. It will charge the 48V in less time. Both are safe but I’ll recommend you read this to determine what your goal is in regards to your use and care of your batteries.
https://www.electricbike.com/how-to-make-lithium-battery-last/

This is the battery percentage chart for 48V battery packs. You’ll notive that a fully charged 48V Battery Pack @ 100% will be at about 53V depending on Packs current capacity. They diminish with use and age. Any Voltage less than 42.4 and the pack may be unrecoverable. 

image.jpeg.2eb8733eb335a273457ca67b54f991a8.jpeg
As far as weather is concerned, snow depth and personal cold weather gear, guide most of us. We have Alaskan owners that use their Sondors as their only transportation. I don’t usually ride when the temp drop down below 40°F, though. ))

https://sondorsforum.com/topic/1218-alaska-verified/?tab=comments#comment-3878

2A9E0EA1-04DF-468D-819A-00346DEA9A78.jpeg.bd83272c9a4975cdc34a544e2dca14ab.jpeg

REDDY 

2 minutes ago, Reddy Kilowatt said:

3 amp is what Sondors sends with new bikes.  5 amp would be considered a fast charger. It will charge the 48V in less time. Both are safe but I’ll recommend you read this to determine what your goal is in regards to your use and care of your batteries.
https://www.electricbike.com/how-to-make-lithium-battery-last/

This is the battery percentage chart for 48V battery packs. You’ll notive that a fully charged 48V Battery Pack @ 100% will be at about 53V depending on Packs current capacity. They diminish with use and age. Any Voltage less than 42.4 and the pack may be unrecoverable. 

image.jpeg.2eb8733eb335a273457ca67b54f991a8.jpeg
As far as weather is concerned, snow depth and personal cold weather gear, guide most of us. We have Alaskan owners that use their Sondors as their only transportation. I don’t usually ride when the temp drop down below 40°F, though. ))

https://sondorsforum.com/topic/1218-alaska-verified/?tab=comments#comment-3878

2A9E0EA1-04DF-468D-819A-00346DEA9A78.jpeg.bd83272c9a4975cdc34a544e2dca14ab.jpeg

REDDY 

Good information, thank you.