Well here you go, I caught ya a Copper Headed Rattle Moccasin.

E54764E4-15CA-4168-B19E-73FFEC98D0DA.thumb.jpeg.a637a467f9a2775fa77f0ad6b9330ff1.jpeg

This is our Snack Size and as you know, juveniles can’t regulate venom so the give you all they got, whereas adults first strike is more of a warning. 
34FFC9DE-D109-4315-8EC0-5583017A14F1.gif.66019a827e6548653604692ef7f1ce65.gif

REDDY

• Haha 1

Hi Rick, Rebecca (or Bex or Becca) here.  Also in NY.  I just got my Fold X today!  Box was quite mangled, and UPS missed their target delivery by a day, but it turns out nothing seems to be damaged.  I did have to bend one of the magnet bits for when you fold it a little, and the crankshaft gear is ever so slightly tilted with respect to the crankshaft axis, but not enough to warrant significant work.  As expected I had to spend a bit of time adjusting the brake orientation and cable lengths, which is a bit fiddly, but not a big job.  The worst part of assembly was getting the front fork pads off.  I had to use a damned hammer on that piece of metal.  The forks are not bent though. The bike is gorgeous and just perfect for me.  I took it out for a short 8 mile initial ride up and down the river.  This is also my first e-bike, although I tried this model last year (before the various changes for 2020, which are definitely improvements).

Reddy, that is one nasty snake, and man, do you have a helmet, easy rider!  😉

instfurnad332.jpg

Edited by BexNYC
add photo

Hey Becca, mine actually arrived at my shop Thursday morning, but I didn't get a chance to put it together until after midnight

Box was in perfect conditon, packed very well and it went together much easier than I anticipated (the build video I watched on YouTube was for an older model with way more wiring involved).

Only issue I ran into was a missing thrust washer for the handle bar (not even sure if it's needed, but it was in the video for the older model) and the magnetic base bolt thingie had snapped off 😕

What's funny is that the broken piece was in one of the zip lock bags, so it happened before it shipped out 😒

Surprisingly I didn't have to do any adjustment to the brakes or deraillieur as it was all perfect 😎

Picked up a storage bin for the back of my van and added an LED/Laser Beam taillight, but I have yet to actually go for a ride (maybe tonight after work if it's not raining)

20200918_011852 (Medium).jpg

20200918_011911 (Medium).jpg

20200918_012636 (Medium).jpg

20200918_012641 (Medium).jpg

20200918_012659 (Medium).jpg

20200918_070959 (Medium).jpg

20200918_071008 (Medium).jpg

20200918_071018 (Medium).jpg

20200918_071030 (Medium).jpg

20200918_071050 (Medium).jpg

20200918_071102 (Medium).jpg

20200918_071114 (Medium).jpg

20200918_071141 (Medium).jpg

20200918_082142.jpg

20200918_082159.jpg

foldingBin (1).jpg

foldingBin (2).jpg

foldingBin (3).jpg

foldingBin (4).jpg

Nice Pics!  and the laser is cool.  I have a tail light with lasers too, different model though.  It also does turn signals.  Hehe.

What spacer are you talking about?  I was a bit confused with the spacer on the steering column for a bit, but that shorter one on the bottom should stay in.  I wasn't sure whether to remove it, but it is needed.  Also strange that they would bust that part and just throw it in the box.  Hahah, kinda funny actually.  I guess that happened in China.

That bucket is a great idea.  What size is it?  Looks like a perfect fit.  

Also, I put a street tire on today on the front.  The tires it comes with are pretty loud on the road.  Tell us how your first ride goes!

image.jpg

I had a similar laser taillight on my 29'r

Decided to go with a smaller one this time around.

As for the washer, it goes below the large Allen head plug that holds the stem in place.

See the 2:20 mark in this video...

Went for my first ride about an hour ago and absolutely loved it!!

Had everyone here at work taking turns in the parking lot.

Lots of naysayers as well and now they're on the hunt for an ebike lol

As for the storage bin,  it's 50 gallons ($18 bucks at Walmart)

They had several in stock with slightly different dimensions,  but I chose this one cause it has latches on the lid instead of the regular snap on top.

Makes it so much easier slide it all into the van without getting caught on anything.

And best of all,  any sand I pick up at the beach won't end up on my floor.

Contacted Sondors' tech support page and the washer, magnet mount and charger, but they have yet to get back to me.

Oh! That washer, no don't worry about that.  I don't think that is relevant.  The version I have, which I think we both have doesn't need that, in fact it might screw up the steering bearings.  I had a weird knocking in the column when I first put it together, but I just hadn't gotten the torque right on the main screw.  After I took my ride I redid the tension in the steering column and all is good.  I am certain, if you have the same model as me, you don't need that washer.  Take a look at the main Sondors assembly page and you will see an updated video, geared toward the Fold XS, but basically the same as Fold X.
https://shop.sondors.com/pages/assembly

scroll down to the relevant link.  It's on vimeo.

So cool, your vids!  Everyone looks at this bike, which is sorta problematic in Manhattan (fear of theft).   But it is cheaper than most other ebikes, especially the delivery guy's--generally $3K, which I guess is a good investment for a business.  

As for sand, I'm taking mine down to the Jersey shore in a few weeks.  Can't wait to ride on the beach.  Heading to Randalls this weekend.  This bike is soooo much fun.

Here's mine with the running lights on and the laser, washed out a bit by the running lights.  Pardon all the books.  I can't get rid of them and love them.

Are you downstate?  Would love to do a ride together, if you are interested.

Bex

IMG_20200918_000259528.jpg

Edited by BexNYC
add photo

Wow, thanks for the video page ☺️

I didn't know it existed lol

Good to know the washer won't cause issues.

Love this bike!!

Gotta admit, from a distance, it looks like a kids bike, but once you get on it, it feels like a big dirt bike

I can tell I've already caught the bug though and will most likely sell it to upgrade to the XS lol

I'm actually out on the Island and usually drive my Cruiser at Demo Beach

I always see fat tires bikes out there and have been jealous cause I'd never make it out there on my 29'r

Would love to ride together sometime

kidsbike.jpeg

sondorsfoldx.jpg

Edited by 98 SNAKE EATER
  • Like 1

Ricky! Soooo cool.  One of the reasons I got the bike is beach riding.  I did that when I was kid.  We would rent this hut in Amaganset, which was not stylish at the time (I'm probably a bit older), but I loved riding my bike on the sand.  Anyway, fab video, and how the hell did you do some of those shots?  Following drone or a camera on a long antenna?

Anyway, this bike is awesome.  I did another 20+ miles today.  I'm in Manhattan and took it over to Randall's Island with my friend on a non-engine bike.  The engine is amazing, and I regularly do huge climbs with my old bike (5-bridges 3 boros a few weeks ago on the old bike, 1200 ft climb, also up the GWB), but with this, it is so much more fun, and arguably more exercise with such a heavy bike.

Last part of today was just a quick whip around the 6 miles of Central Park just to push the thing as much as I could.  I really wanted to test it and see what it could do.  What I found was that it is a bit more subtle than just slamming the throttle.  That is so much fun, but for the steep hills, you gotta put serious effort in on the pedals to keep it running that fast, a bit of a work out but also getting around the whole park in 20 minutes is pretty amazing, a different perspective.   I too love this bike.  The Road tire I got works beautifully off road and is so much quieter.  

Your video is awesome.  Do one on your Fold X!  In October, I am spending the month on the Jersey Shore and plan to do a ton of beach riding--no stupid summer beach rules then and my doggie will be with me too.  He rides on my back in a back pack.

Pics from today, me and my friend, bits of the Randalls ride, by and under the Hell Gate train bridge, the prototype for the Sydney Harbor Bridge.

So I have done now 32 miles without recharging and it only hit 4 bars.  However, I think the bars are set by default to be highly non-linear, like most gas gauges on cars.  There is a way to set the actual voltages that correspond to the bars on the display.  It's in here, but the documentation is dreadful.  What I figured out is that 5 bars is greater than 91% charged. 4 is > 56%, 3 > 43% 2 >31% and 1 is less than or equal to 14%.  It's the voltages at each level.  You can adjust them if you want to with some of the sub menus, but I haven't played with that.

Best, Bex

image (1).jpg

IMG_20200919_162512504.jpg

IMG_20200919_163742328.jpg

Edited by BexNYC
typos

Wow

Must be nice to do so much riding out in the city

I've only done about 10 miles or so myself, but had about 20 different people take her for a spin who all want an ebike now lol

Just curious, but how many charge cycles have to done so far?

As for the video, I used a 360* cam on a selfie stick

Here's a quick vid of my niece taking it out for a spin (watch in YouTube app for VR effect on phone or tablet)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNVHEqSItmM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNVHEqSItmM

Thanks for the info on the display

The PDF didn't load for some reason though

Cool, yeah, that first 30 miles was just my first charge.  Last night the battery was down to 3 or 4 bars, kept going back and forth, so it must have been around 50% according to that table that Reddy has.  I charged it up last night.  I am betting a lot of the juice was used when I did the last 6 miles as fast as I could with the engine running almost continuously, just to see what it could do.

Riding in the city is so much fun.  It was especially weird back in late March and April when there were so few cars, but traffic is back to normal (possibly worse than before this pandemic hit).

Thanks, Reddy, for the link!

Hahah, I love that video of your niece.  It's really funny because when I was watching it, a Mr. Softee truck was outside my window playing that damn jingle and then it came on the video and I couldn't tell whether it was outside or inside my apartment and why did it suddenly have a much louder echo.  HAHAHA.  I had to stop the video for a second before I realized it was in the video.  That song is so ingrained in my head from mostly working at home these days.  Anyway, she obviously was having a lot of fun!

Gonna look into a camera like that.  Really cool shots and I guess you can edit down to whatever part of the wide-angle view you want.

Picked up another bike on CL for $100 bucks :)

Seller said it had a problem with the power cutting in and out

He took it to a bike shop and they told him it needed a new motor

Since it was only bought in June, the company sent him a new wheel/motor, but that wasn't the problem

He has since bought other bikes and put this one up for sale cheap

I snatched it up and it turns out the battery prongs were bent

Took less than a minute to fix and it was good to go

Added a cheap luggage rack to the X and picked up another bin for the other bike

Untitled.jpg

20200923_235928 (Medium).jpg

20200924_001611 (Medium).jpg

20200924_011642 (Medium).jpg

20200924_072423 (Medium).jpg

20200924_084043 (Medium).jpg

20200924_084049 (Medium).jpg

20200924_084116 (Medium).jpg

20200924_084810 (Medium).jpg

20200924_090755 (Medium).jpg

20200924_090759 (Medium).jpg

20200924_091519 (Medium).jpg

20200924_091528 (Medium).jpg

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/18/2020 at 1:59 AM, BexNYC said:

Hi Rick, Rebecca (or Bex or Becca) here.  Also in NY.  I just got my Fold X today!  Box was quite mangled, and UPS missed their target delivery by a day, but it turns out nothing seems to be damaged.  I did have to bend one of the magnet bits for when you fold it a little, and the crankshaft gear is ever so slightly tilted with respect to the crankshaft axis, but not enough to warrant significant work.  As expected I had to spend a bit of time adjusting the brake orientation and cable lengths, which is a bit fiddly, but not a big job.  The worst part of assembly was getting the front fork pads off.  I had to use a damned hammer on that piece of metal.  The forks are not bent though. The bike is gorgeous and just perfect for me.  I took it out for a short 8 mile initial ride up and down the river.  This is also my first e-bike, although I tried this model last year (before the various changes for 2020, which are definitely improvements).

Reddy, that is one nasty snake, and man, do you have a helmet, easy rider!  😉

instfurnad332.jpg

Thing that I Love about the X is it has a 15a controller, I'm installing a 20a next month much more low end to work in class hills much better.