Adam Seldow

Battery not charging — charger green light illuminated, doesn’t turn red to indicate charging Sondors Step

Battery on 2019 Sondors Step will not charge. I plug the charger into it and charger light remains green (never turns red to indicate charging). I reset LCD to default just to make sure it want settings issue. Any ideas? I tried two different chargers as we ha e two of these bikes. When I remove battery and plug in to charger, 3 green dot lights turn on only when plugged in. 

This did not work. Tried everything here and have the same issue. 2019 Sondors Smart Step. Battery indicator on LCD says 3 bars. Plug into charger and charger light stays green, battery does not seem to charge as after 6 hours charger light still green, and battery indicator is at 3 bars. Reset to default several times, still not fixed. Removed battery. Plugged into charger and pushed red power button--3 green lights lit up. Also, tried another charger with same symptoms--green light stayed on like battery isn't taking a charge.

The key point here is, always plug charger in to battery, with the battery switch off, before plugging the charger into the wall outlet. 
‘if that’s the procedure you followed then you’ll need to measure the output voltage of your battery charger with your multimeter to verify it delivers current. 
LEMMENO
                   A28EDD3E-259F-49C2-AF12-23DE78C41A44.jpeg.6cf6239f64b9fdc300ac2e7c611f7f9c.jpeg
                          REDDY

Does the battery power on anything?  You’ll have to determine where the fault lies within the battery. The fact that the batteries battery charge level led lights indicate "3", it’s important in a trouble shooting effort to verify all know information. How do you know that the battery is not fully charged but a lcd bulb could be dead on the level indicator,  burned out. 
Verify the Battery’s Out-Put Voltage with a multimeter.  It’s doubtful that the cell’s are ruined but it could be that the pack has dropped below its minimum voltage, to allow the Batteries BMS to let the chargers start delivering current and start charging. If that’s the case, you’ll need a new battery .... or, after checking the output voltage to verify if it’s below the low voltage cut off, you can look to YouTube videos about saving 18650 Li ion cells & packs but I don’t recommend it. Fire and explosions are a real danger.  Around 33.0 Volts is the low voltage cut off. 
image.jpeg.6cfab422966d6adb78bcdb366452252f.jpeg

F15BF769-FA64-43B6-81C9-18B3AD910CC7.jpeg.ec9298ae1f3166d07fe618901feadeab.jpeg

REDDY

Hello

I just received my new smart step and having same issue with charger. Light will not turn from green to red. Can you advise what may be cusing this?  Its the first time I have charged the battery. It has 1/4 power left. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Mennis
      Does anyone know how to correct this?
      My LCD displays 49.6 mph whenever I am coasting. The mph displays correct MPH whenever I am pedaling or using the throttle. 
      350 watt motor, 15 amp controller , 12.8 bottle battery, 
      KT-LCD3 V1.0  4E  24/36/48V
    • By Kenneth Lane
      It's been a month or so since the battery failed on my wife's Step.  The new one is growing stronger with each cycle.  So happy with both our Sondors.   Again a thank you to the service techs and Reddy  who helped me out. 
    • By Warehouse-guy
      Greeting Sondors fans and owners,
      This is a great place to learn about my Sondors Step. Thanks to all for sharing your knowledge and experience. I will try to chip in whenever I feel I have valid information.
      Purchased this bike for physical therapy.
      I am a new Sondors Step owner from upstate New York. My first thought was to get the most powerful ebike I could. Second thought, what if I didn't like it? I had not owned a bicycle in 15 years. Decided to buy a lower cost ebike just to see what it was like, and if ebiking was really for me I could always upgrade. Sondors Step only $975. A great bike at an awesome price. I am short of inseam and have limited ability to climb aboard, so the Steps low stand-over height is literally just what the Dr. ordered. I am very happy with the performance of the Step. I use the factory default settings at this time. So far I have added front and rear lights, a rear rack, left side mirror and a bell. Ordered and received a second battery from Sondors. Batteries are swapped about every 1  1/2 weeks. The battery not in use is stored at about 40% capacity then fully charged just before reinstallation. This bike now has 249.3 miles on it. Weather permitting I try to ride 10 miles minimum each day. Physical therapy is Ok. Fun is number 1.😎

• By 3D-vice
      * The best way to use this video is to watch and write down the desired options, then exit and program your LCD. if you try and program while watching the video your LCD will timebout and none of the settings will be saved and you’ll have to keep starting over because of the length of Kyles explanations .
      Aftermarket LCD Display user manual (also applying for Sondors eBike LCD)
      KT3-LCD_short_en.pdf (english language 2-page manual)
      KT3-LCD_full_en.pdf (english version full manual, 2013)
      KT3-LCD_full_de.pdf (german version full manual)
      Programming the KT-LCD3 and KT-LCD8H Everything you need to know
      EDIT:  This manual is the current version for the KT-LCD3.  It includes different behavior in some of the settings and lists C13 (regenerative braking... not applicable to Sondors) and C14 - PAS assist strength tuning (applicable to Sondors)
      KT-LCD3_2015.pdf (English, v3.0, 2015)
    • By Yann
      Hi everyone,
      Apologies if this has been asked before but while searching on the forum I couldn't find that specific info for my setup. I'm about to order a new battery as I'll soon be working "far away" from where I live. I have a fat Sondors 2015 with the 250w stock motor and a Storm Hot Rod 25amp controller from Luna Cycle.  I want essentially to increase my range, but I wouldn't mind  a bit of extra power as long as that doesn't hurt the motor. So my question is, am I better off buying a 36v battery with 17 or 20am, or would it be fine to buy a 48v 20ah as per the link below ? I'm thinking, if I need to spend that much on a battery I might as well treat myself, but once again I don't want to end up replacing the motor in a month from now.  I would be riding something like 16 miles per day (go and return), and I am not really willing to upgrade the motor as it's already barely legal where I live (I might not be tolerated as well if I'm riding even faster) . Thanks in advance for your suggestions !
      Yann
      https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07QYQQK8K?pf_rd_p=330fbd82-d4fe-42e5-9c16-d4b886747c64&pf_rd_r=XW1F5VB70PMA5GQTYCNV

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.