Sign in to follow this  
Pakal

Maximum Torque on Fold XS

I know that the Bafang 750W mounted on the Fold XS has a nominal rating of 80nm torque . But my question is if there's any data about the actual output , taking in consideration the battery and the controller paired with this motor ?

The Data Is ... it’s as fast as the laws permit a  class A ebike to perform in these United States of America’s.  27mph. 
F15BF769-FA64-43B6-81C9-18B3AD910CC7.jpeg.ec9298ae1f3166d07fe618901feadeab.jpeg

REDDY

And how would you like that value expressed? In the numbers I attained on my own rear wheel dynamometers test results?

F041D007-0236-48C6-9F4A-4C6484D1B7C2.jpeg.00e012adf5e04768a1ab0db40e872129.jpeg

REDDY 

80nm is the maximum torque that the bafang 750w motor can output. But this is just a nominal value. I highly doubt the Fold XS can achieve with its standard combination of controller and battery. It's gotta be limited to a value that compromise a decent torque, battery life and range. So my question is, what this value can be, 30/40/60 nm? 

As a wannabe Fold XS owner I can only speculate or discuss theoretically. But as someone that loves to customize everything, I'd love to be able to set my own pedal assist level having one that may produce the longest range and/or one that gives me the most torque, to climb those occasional steep hills, no matter what the battery consumption I'd get. 

The 750 Watt Bafang Torque is rated for 48V batteries and produces 80nm. That is what the Fold XS is equipped with with its 20 Amp controller. But if you would have surveyed this Forum, you would have found that some members here have, upgraded their controllers to aftermarket 25 amp controllers that deliver quite a bit more torque than the 20 amp controller that comes on the FoldXS. It’s also possible to add a 52V Hi Power, Long Range Retangular 18650 batteries in various chemistries to suite your preference., to a Fold’s rear rack. I have one on my Sondors Original mounted under a custom widened Axiom rear rack and another in the triangle for a total of 34Ah in GA cells on my Electric Black Lightning.  Which uses over 1500+ watts in PAS 5 and of course you can modify your PAS Level’s output in LCD setup . 
You probably already realize that the Fold is not the best Sondors for maximum performance because the interior of its frame compartment is limited and neither a 35Amp KT based Controller nor a substantial battery will fit inside. But you could always put those high power additions in a trailer. ))    The testing you’re asking for does not exist but as we suggest in my Aviation Circles ... since you require it, YOU can be the test pilot. And theroretical science is not all that important in real world result. Because you can’t ride a theory. 

144E7DE9-532C-4B81-B396-7A11B3A1B1C4.thumb.jpeg.c04a803ecc7425760a6320430b15e1d0.jpeg

But, I also have a 52V -17Ah in the battery triangle of my Electric White Lightning and a 67.2 V -35Ah BMW Auto Retangular Battery Module 2Kw,  that I can carry on top of its rear rack ... So it doesn’t really matter what the Fold XS has, it will produce the rated torque as stock but you can make it into what ever you want. And you seem to indicate that that is your intent.  And one thing you must understand about Motor Manufactures, is that they rate their motors and performance figures on a pretty arbitrary scale, mostly based for advertising within an intended market.  DC brushless motors are not like lightbulbs that draw their labeled wattage. There are users running 2000 watts thru the 750w Bafang and  different specified markets that have rules and regulations. Our European 250Watt Bafang is absolutely the same identical motor, except for the label on the case, as the rest of the worlds 350watt.  Another example is the Rad Rovers 750watt Bafang is the exact same motor as the 500watt used on some Sondors Models. Again "only the names have been changed to protect the GUILTY.” 
3D578AEE-6491-4BF8-8368-2A4FB33481F9.thumb.jpeg.eb67dbede3c94dbdcca330b89527e1b8.jpeg
Now as I’m sure you realize after reading  and agreeing by signing the terms for joining this forum, that it’s an independent privately owned entity by owners intended to support other owners primiarily with problems and with modifications and upgrades, that they post here. But we are not a research  group here to do everyone elses do diligent. 
So have fun and use the forum as a tool to gain knowledge about the Brand that we all own at least as it was Originally Delivered.  
51A52D33-8870-471C-A6C4-507D90641B6F.jpeg.a5504fabdc5aa72ab0d4730c2bd75fe1.jpeg

REDDY