Sniper Goat

My 2018 Ebike won’t start

I have noticed when I turn on the bike from the battery when fully charged it will show all the lights then suddenly fall down into the red to then just all the lights turn off which results in me not being able to turn in the bike or the lcd. Also when I push the power indicator butting on the battery the throttle lights turn on but only if I hold it. And if I try to push the i button to turn on the lcd it will turn the lights off on the throttle. I have looked at the battery’s power button which says it’s close to full yet it won’t turn on. Also I tried to unplug and replug the cable that goes into the battery but nothing works. Please help. 

Edited by Sniper Goat

I don’t know which Sondors you are referencing, but the first thing I would try is recharging your battery until the charger indicates full charge, then try measuring the voltage, with the battery switched on, with your multimeter on the two power leads from the battery to the controller and tell me what it reads. 

FA7A23E0-74C1-4EF0-8B8C-C24323DEFC9C.jpeg.2346c8a9b61b7fbf10ea6fde6a79d74c.jpeg

REDDY

So you have a 36V Sondors Original, Single Speed Fat?  What does the battery voltage read on your multimeter, after recharging your battery fully, while testing the battery (switch on) at its contact points when removed from the cradle and on the leads leading to the controller with the battery in its cradle? The pointed  probes on the multimeter are designed to pierce the silicone insulation on the wires to check voltage. 
First thing I’d suspect,  if your bike is equipped with the canister battery, is that the battery, is not either properly and completely engaged and locked in the Cradle -or- the contact points in the cradle base and either, one or the other, or both,  show melting of their mounting area and the contact points have been making poor contact (because the battery has not been secure, currently or in the past), that causes arching and huge amperage drains, generating enough heat to melt the plastic cradle base.  It’s been diagnosed and found in the past. 
Another  possibility, (excluding a short in any of the wiring in any circuits) is that your battery power switch has / is failing. 
Some disassembly is required if either of those scenarios seems likely. Recycling the battery power, on/off switch rapidly or continually may reveal some issue like an internal short or loose wire / connection, before opening the canister.  
‘Opening up the canister battery will expose you to potential shock, so if your uncomfortable with the possibility and you don’t already own a multimeter or are familiar with its use, to trace the flow of current on your Sondors, find a competent bike shop that can troubleshoot your Sondors. 
LEMMENO!
FA7A23E0-74C1-4EF0-8B8C-C24323DEFC9C.jpeg.2346c8a9b61b7fbf10ea6fde6a79d74c.jpeg

REDDY

so i have a 36v original fat single speed and it has a Panasonic battery. while testing it yesterday it seems to work fine after charging but i tried it again this morning without charging and it has the same problem. i have a couple questions so how do i chack the battery voltage with a multimeter? and what are the contact points?

Remove the canister battery and look at the bottom of it where it fits in its cradle. Those dimples are the positive & negative contact points that align with the points on the cradle base. That’s how current is transmitted to the Controller that sends current / power and signal current, to the various components.  The fact that you charged the battery until it was at max capacity (how do you know that?) and the bike seemed to work or power on but after an elapsed time, it did not. That might indicate a current drain somewhere in the system ie; bikes wiring or faulty component.  Could also mean that your battery is toast. That’s why you’ll need the multimeter to check where and where not the current is and what is it’s value (volts). 

This is good information and you can get a multimeter for pretty cheap at Lowe’s or Home Depot, does not need to be expensive, just a very basic one.  
LEMMENO

F15BF769-FA64-43B6-81C9-18B3AD910CC7.jpeg.ec9298ae1f3166d07fe618901feadeab.jpeg

REDDY