Isn’t it interesting to see people’s buying habits change during this time?  (Corona2020 when this is read many years later).   A local bike repair shop was on the news saying this is the busiest he’s ever been.

3 minutes ago, Jason said:

Isn’t it interesting to see people’s buying habits change during this time?  (Corona2020 when this is read many years later).   A local bike repair shop was on the news saying this is the busiest he’s ever been.

Yes, I live in a beach community and everyone is out riding their bikes.

My main mode of transportation are my bicycles. I only use the Car to take my Collies for a Ride.

6440767F-0D6E-4FFE-88ED-F7A4D242C597.thumb.jpeg.810532eacd8a844b9732e973e92a367e.jpeg

I’ve logged over 14,000miles since purchasing my Sondors’, the first was delivered July 15, 2015. I ride every day that’s rideable and my regular routes are from 20 to 42 miles. I have the luxury of living close to a Trailway and the majority of my route are on this paved trail in either direction N or S from my lakefront cabin in an Oak Forest,

AA3C0047-C07A-42F9-9D0F-69F61D404483.thumb.jpeg.89af86fdb3081d14e13a4f7558741d9d.jpeg

to the closest towns and my P O Box, no mail at my cabin. Since the Damndemic Pandemic, you're taking your life in your own hands, with all the novice cyclist on the Trailway and my LBS, now requires an appointment. They are having their best months since they opened in 2014.  We have seen the closure of two major bike shops here in the last two years (PRE-Demic) and my ride partner "Bike Shop Ben" couldn’t keep the doors open when they doubled his monthly lease 2 years ago on his very popular shop, in its 3rd location since 1985. 

image.thumb.jpeg.98111921dd59a690362619815a1887eb.jpeg

The owners  of the building shot themselves in the wallet because the building has been vacant now for two years. I used to eat my lunch, with the bike shop guys, 3 or 4 days a week, kept groceries in their refrigerator and it is a wonderful location ... right next door to the cheapest Liquor Store in the Tri-State Area. It was my home away from home and a enjoyable 35mi RT.  The “Bike Shop Boy’s Dinner Club", where every month or so we’d meet at some local bistro for a get together, is now upended and in the ditch due to Social Distancing and Stay @ Home Recommendations. 
Yep, the Changing Face of Cycling is Boon or Bust depending! 
A5CDC002-A2E1-471D-8417-801CF6C7A841.jpeg.eba98376d4803381aea9c98e2703bf20.jpeg
                        REDDY

Hope you are right. I am waiting on one too. They shipped the rack&fender kit I ordered at the same time but heard nothing since. Seems there are no updates probably next thing I hear will be its shipped. Should have taken the deposit pay on shipment option maybe then ................