cardinal420

KT- LCD3 P and C settings for sondors fold x help!

It depends on where you purchased the new LCD screen.  If it was NOT from Sondors.com in won’t be comparable because only Sondors Supplied LCDs have the correct communication protocol to match your FoldX7’s Controller. Otherwise if it was from Sondors, the video contained in this thread will guide you thru setup preferences.

https://sondorsforum.com/topic/241-kt-lcd3-user-manual-and-setup-lcd8h-everything-you-need-to-know-sondors-ebike/

CA83C657-1E4E-4A07-BABC-DE0E5EFE63C5.jpeg.2f6053365f197f867b44346c4dff9d60.jpeg

REDDY

Well its not from sondors but it does work when i plug it in and it the bike does run its just i dont have the motor characteristic parameter setting (P1) for the sondors fold x and also the power monitoring setting (P5). Im sure someone knows what the setting is just not telling me lol i have the manual i know how to set it up but i dont have the right specs to properly program it. 

I didn’t say I’d wouldn’t work, I said it wasn’t compatible with your Sondors Fold X7 controller, if it’s not a Sondors FoldX7 LCD. 
I’m  sure, if you review this forum, you’ll find the information you require but since I’ve already informed you of the display problems experienced with mis-matched components, I think it’s best if you find out for yourself.  
If it’s from Sondors it’s already configured for a Fold X7. 
Good Luck, I don’t have a Fold X 7, so I can’t be of any help and you do so you must be right, except best not to reprogram your LCD3 while baked. 

34FFC9DE-D109-4315-8EC0-5583017A14F1.gif.66019a827e6548653604692ef7f1ce65.gif

REDDY 

Thanks for the info i guess i will have to purchase the proper lcd screen. Been working on this for a while but i guess i bought the wrong lcd screen. Even though it said on the site that its compatable with the sondors bikes. My fault.

Mike Richie posted this thread to help explain the parts compatibility.  
https://sondorsforum.com/topic/2383-understanding-parts-compatibility-for-your-sondors-ebike/

I was amoung the first Original owners and first to install the Generic KT LCD3 bought from China. It cost me $49 bucks and it still performs well on my highly modified, Electric Black Lightning. The bike is so highly modified, with only the Original; Frame, Fork, Triangle Battery Box and Bottom Bracket remaining. it can no longer be considered a Sondors and the LCD has been used with the original (15amp) and two other aftermarket controllers (25amp and now 35amp). 
AF0ABA2E-1D7B-4131-A355-DB21F2C6022B.thumb.jpeg.87c0c827030d37980c47af81de300aa3.jpeg

For about the same price of a new Sondors Fold x7 LCD,  it’s possible to upgrade your controller to a 25amp controller and matching generic LCD in a package from one of our approved US vendors and that upgrade is featured here by owner BikeNut on his wife’s, Buffy’s Fold . It incorporates other unique modifications, in its final iteration.

It does require some level of mechanical and electrical skill but just about anyone can accomplish it. 
Check with this vendor with help before ordering parts.

https://electrobikeworld.com/t/sondors-e-bike

I couldn’t find the Sondors Compatible LCD for the Fold X7 on the Sondors website. 

F15BF769-FA64-43B6-81C9-18B3AD910CC7.jpeg.ec9298ae1f3166d07fe618901feadeab.jpeg
Reddy, over and out. 
smoke’m if ya got’em.