Albert Werth

MXS Bottom Bracket Noise On The Power Stroke

MXS Started Making noise during today’s Ride.
Post 300 Miles my MXS Bottom Bracket started making a Creaking and Snapping Noise on the Power Stroke. Noise from right side started first, then a few minutes later the Left side became equally as loud. The noise does not occur when Spinning, but only under load, regardless of 1-5 Assist or Zero Assistant settings. 
Any ideas?

The other thing I would check are the crank arm bolts. I had a similar crank noise on the power stroke from the right side. When tightenIng the bolts I heard a click on the right side, and after that, no more noise. Good luck

Grant with SONDORS TECH Support rectified the situation. SONDORS is sending me a new Bottom Bracket for my MXS and will reimburse the charges for a professional bike mechanic for the installation. 
Outstanding service, thank you SONDORS!

Ordering a new SONDORS X today, for delivery to Anchorage, AK

SONDORS came through 100%, new MXS Bottom Bracket installed, SONDORS paid for the part and the installation at my local bike shop.

Here is my update: Five 18-mile rides after installation of the new Bottom Bracket on my MXS, super quiet!

Thank you SONDORS for the excellent service! 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Albert Werth
      MXS Battery life is  Excellent!
      With a little more than 700 miles on my MXS I have found the battery life to be exceptional. If you go back to some of my original posts, you will see that I have been using the SONDORS electric bikes to rehabilitate a bone on bone knee.  my last ride is a great example of the range that I am experiencing with the MXS.

This ride was just over 22 miles and 1 hr 12 minutes, Yes Florida is flat.

SONDORS readout on the left, Wahoo  readout on the right, you can see they’re both relatively close with ride data.
      T
      As you can see this was an excellent cardio workout, but the most amazing part of this ride was the battery life. You can see the indicator on the face of the SONDORS readout,  still shows full power. The MXS has been an excellent bike and I highly recommend it. Thank you, SONDORS!
    • By Reddy Kilowatt
      Front Chainring
      @FoldX7 asked:
      "I noticed you have a larger front chainring on your Black Lightning. I just bought a Sondors Fold X 7 speed. The gear-set reaches spin out at about 23mph. I would like to be able to pedal with some resistance all the time. I think the best way to up the gear ratio is to replace the front chainring. Do you have a source for a 58T ring that would fit my Fold X? Currently, the chainring seems to be a 44T. I can't seem to find any specific info on the Pro-Wheel Crankset or Bottom Bracket.
      Thank you,"
      @FoldX7 
      Here is what I used : 
      56T Crankset: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00NZI8ZS8/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
      A Quality Chain, takes 2 or I already had the extra 5 links and quick links : p:https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0013BV540/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
      Bottom Bracket for Fat, I found no reason to replace mine, It won't fit the Thin nor the Fold I'd suspect: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/high-quality-sealed-bearing-steel-fat-bike-snow-bike-100-177mm-bicycle-bottom-bracket/32696213446.html 

I just waxed my chain Saturday. An easy but somewhat lengthy process because of wait time for Paraffin Wax to melt and solvent to dry and evaporate. I had been using a White Lightening formulation but that seemed counter intuitive on my Electric Black Lightening )) and my chain always looked dirty. But these test results, had me return to a practice popular from the 80s. Paraffin can be found at most Craft or Grocery stores and I bought a small crock pot at Goodwill for $3.99. I leave this at Bike Shop Ben's for others to use, where I stop about 3 times a week on my 32 mile errand route for lunch. Wax's longevity is short so I'll rewax weekly, and consider supplementing with White Lightening, while I use up the inventory I have on a daily basis at the end of rides.
      https://www.scribd.com/mobile/document/262044061/Velo-Friction-Facts-Chain-Lube-Efficiency-Tests

Reddy

• By SoThin
      My Sondors Thin recently started making a horrible grinding sound while I'm pedaling. My guess was that the chain was rubbing against the chain guard but a local bike shop guy convinced me that the chain needed to be replaced. After paying him to do that the noise persisted. Now he's guessing that the bottom bracket needs replacement. I don't see that part on the Sondors site.
      Ideas or suggestions welcomed! If none, please direct me to that part or to a Sondor's users recommended bike shop near me (90034). Thanks!
    • By Tom
      Width of bottom bracket?
      Does anyone know the width of the bottom bracket on the original Sondors Fat ebike?  I would like to buy the Bafang BBSHD mid drive kit with the 120mm bottom bracket, but want to make sure it will fit my bike.
    • By Sandiklaws
      Replace bottom bracket
      Hubby and I have been enjoying our bikes for 3 years now... right up until he busted the bottom bracket on his 2 weeks ago. Snapped it clean in two! Bike shop is having zero luck sourcing a replacement. Any suggestions for a replacement part? So far Sondors has been a bust.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.