Geopal04

Sondors X - new hub for front wheel with suspension fork

Hello!

Need help by my Sondors X:

I swapped the original rims (80 mm) for 100 mm wide rims. Unfortunately I got the wide front rim without hub and spokes delivered (from China - my mistake). Therefore, I have the original hub including spokes in the 80 mm wide expanded and installed in the 100 mm wide. I would now like to mount the new Sondors suspension fork, but this doesn´t work with the wide 100 mm rim (with the 4.9" tire), which means I have to re-install the original 80 mm rim, which now has no hub and spokes. That´s why I need a matching hub complete with spokes for the original 80 mm rim from Sondors. I have mounted the magura hydraulic brakes (203 mm).

Which manufacturers (types) can I use?

Thanks for your help!

You don’t want to install a Front Hub Motor in a Suspension Fork. It’s been tried and documented here on the forum and there are dangerous handling problems associated with the combination. Matt Robertson’s Build of an AWD Sondors with Suspension  Fork was  switched to ridged fork because of this problem. I think his AWD Sondors suffered a broken frame and no longer exists as a Sondors.  There are limits to high power modifications and the Twin Hub Motored Bikes don't afford much of an increase in top speed for all the extra weight and poor handling, especially with front suspension. Their best attributes are realized in straightline acceleration. 

image.jpeg.460181aebee7ca43d0f0c2b7c7188c24.jpeg

REDDY

That was a misunderstanding. I do not want to install a motor in the front wheel, but have a rim for a front wheel (Original Sondors 80 mm) WITHOUT hub and spokes and now need the missing parts.

Oh  sorry, I misread your post. The Sondors Hub and the spokes are not available thru Sondors (they don’t actually manufacture our bikes) so you’ll have to buy an aftermarket Hub.  When I built my new wheels I went Aliexpress and bought the appropriate width (spacing between the fork dropout lugs) Hub with bolt on spindle/axel. 

After you have your hub you can use an online Spoke Length Calculator to determine your spoke lengths for your Specific Rim and Hub.    https://www.prowheelbuilder.com/spokelengthcalculator

6D623358-D921-4FA0-AC5C-1500A5214DA7.jpeg.7f14a03ab86fcccc0192b0afa492830d.jpeg

REDDY