1stGen

2nd hand, Blue 1st Gen

Hello Everyone,

I recently purchased a Sondors fat bike in non-running shape. The previous owner had a spill and the cable coming rfom the motor was damaged and wires severed. I have desoldered the broken wires but it still will not run.

Battery shows charge at the throttle but no go.

I am open to suggestions and eventually I want to upgrade the components and build a totally custom bike.

Thanks,

1stGen 

1st Gen blue.jpg

Hey 1sr Gen, I’ve got 12’300+ miles on my 1st Gen now.

Replacement motors are relativly cheap. I buy replacment 750Watt  Bafang 7speed Freewheel motors from China here    https://eunorauebike.aliexpress.com/store/group/BAFANG/904105_257734884.html?spm=a2g1y.12024536.pcShopHead_6161773.1_3_1

7260BD05-5C3E-4692-B95C-A65B453BC107.thumb.jpeg.c69f8836acc74c24d5cd5cd11a3612b3.jpeg

and 350watt replacments are cheaper. Now might be the perfect time to start an upgrade. Stock 350 bikes quickly leave you wanting more and the SondorsXS is the bike that you’ll be on the path to creating. You’ll need to upgrade the battery at some point but you can buy the compatable 25amp hotrod controller that matches either the Bafang’s 350watt Motor Higo plug or the Larger 750Watt Motor Higo Plug here. https://boltonebikes.com/collections/motor-controllers-and-displays      Or the 35Amp Controler but that will require more than the stock 36Vs in battery power.

A lot of owners incrementally upgrade and peacemeal components overtime but that can waste a lot of moola with buying and replacing lower tier components with higher ones. . I’d suggest planning your custom and buying the end result components, even if it takes some time. The only down side with your inop bike is ... you can’t ride it in the meantime, but that’s also an incentive to Get’er-Done!

You can poll the used 350 Watt motors here In our Marketplace Listings by posting WTB, or on the Sondors Modders FaceBook Page  

7A1C8EB7-6009-46D3-A95E-5372AD1324F3.thumb.jpeg.bb8309c728db4dc617cd10f57a502cef.jpeg

image.jpeg.460181aebee7ca43d0f0c2b7c7188c24.jpeg

REDDY

I don’t know what your objective is and I listed some of your options in my previous post. You should review this thread  to determine if that is the upgraded you’re intending because you need to understand exactly what is entailed and  all the components and parts necessary to complete the upgrade. It’s not just a new motor and controller. 

https://sondorsforum.com/topic/880-upgrade-750w-bafang-with-7-speed-upgrade/?tab=comments#comment-2788

There are many variations in some of the components,  like the selection of  motor that accepts the 7 speed freewheel or 7 speed cassette and I dont have personal experience with the cassette motor.  There are also choices on the Crankset and what Chainring tooth and rear 7 Speed Cogset gearing (tooth range from high to low) to choose. Handlebar shifter and rear derailleur. How to install the shifting cable. Spreading the rear triangle. 

None of the basic upgrade component choices can be made, without considering exactly, all the other parts necessary for the particular variant of the upgrade.  Members who have completed this 750Watt upgrade have made different component choices. 

Its disingenious, for me to propose individual parts, when you don’t really understand all that is entailed in  those decisions and those are up to you, after careful exanimation.and complete understanding of each . 

It’s also required to contact the component vendor to verify it’s the correct product to fill your requirement.  It’s your requirement to make sure of each individual component choice. 

You have a huge choice for upgrade batteries because the battery you have will not power a 750Watt Bafang Motor.

6D623358-D921-4FA0-AC5C-1500A5214DA7.jpeg.7f14a03ab86fcccc0192b0afa492830d.jpeg

REDDY

No a 36v battery will not power the 750Watt Bafang Hub Motor at least that what the Vendors tell us and I sure wasn’t going to act as Test Pilot on the Bike or in my Airplane. 

Not sure why anyone would even consider it because the current supplied,is not sufficient, from the 36v 8.8ah battery to even  Effectively Power the 350watt Bafang to its potential. I started with the 52v battery to power my 1st Gen Original Fat w/the Luna 25A Hot Rod Controller on the 350W Bafang, as the first upgrades and that worked great but the bikes need the 7speed upgrade and the 750’s magnet field is much larger and stronger, that affords bullet proof reliability and much more torque and acceleration .....    and is required for that 7 speed upgrade.   

Its really emperitive that upgraders do their homework on the info and data avalable here about the various upgrade in those threads, on the forum  and the eBike base knowledge,  at https://www.electricbike.com/  .

6D623358-D921-4FA0-AC5C-1500A5214DA7.jpeg.7f14a03ab86fcccc0192b0afa492830d.jpeg

Reddy

Bolton is one of our preferred vendors, Kyle is a friend to the Sondors Brand but I usually visit their website.

https://boltonebikes.com/

Always verify intended  compatibility of components with the vendor. Clear communication is Paramount and I ain’t talking Schwinn, but older cyclist will .... Get-It? 

image.jpeg.0595cadf17bfa972eab184062b667f3b.jpeg

REDDY