Tyler Roberts

My sondors thin while coasting downhill is it won't go over 20

I feel like the bikes restricted I guess it's just hard to ride unless it has power and then like if you're cruising around like just like going down a hill it keeps you at 20 miles an hour it feels restricted it's supposed to be like this

the power assist cuts out at a set speed, which is due to legal restrictions. I can outpedal the power assist downhill and on the flat if I'm feeling fit. 

All Sondors eBike’s controllers are speed limited from the manufacture to approx 20mph (32kph) including the Thin Model.  You can remove the speed limiting setting within the LCD’s Programing Settings, for off road use.  The resistance you feel is the lack of motor assist (PAS)

See: https://sondorsforum.com/forum/5-instructions/

But Connecticut laws limit an eBike’s Speed to 20mph. 

https://www.evelo.com/connecticut-state-electric-bike-laws-registration/

image.jpeg.460181aebee7ca43d0f0c2b7c7188c24.jpeg

Reddy 

• Thanks 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By matthewluke5450
      My Sondors Thin is not receiving power to the motor hub after I changed tires,battery is charged and all cables are attached as should be,throttle is responsive.
    • By Lyndon445
      Hi all,
      Im getting into upgrading my new Sondors Thin and as I've been working on upgrading to 180 rotors I came up with a question, can a front dynamo hub be used to charge an electric bike battery? Even to slow its charge loss through riding. And if so could a stock Sondors electrical assembly be modified to use such a customization? 
      Just reaching out cause I haven't heard of anything like this before and I know there's some hardcore modded on here
    • By Simon Ruane
      Hi, since I got my sondors bike, it makes a weird crackling/squeeking noise while pedaling. Is that normal? Does your Sondors make the same noise?
      And if it´s not normal do you have any idea, how it goes away? The funny thing is: The noise stopps after I drive a certain speed. It is particularly loud when I don´t drive that fast.
      Here is a video in which you hear the noise:

• Popular Now

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.