didi

ANSWERED Thumb throttle - Higo 3 or 6 wires?

It seems to be difficult to find replacement parts for my Sondors. I own different types of Sondors bikes: Sondors Original, Sondors Fold X, and Sondors X 7speed. All of them have broken thumb throttles.  I've searched the internet for hours trying to understand which thumb throttle fits on these different bikes, if anybody could please help me finding out where to buy them i would be a happy camper.

Thanks in advance!

thumb.jpg

Edited by didi

There are both 3 conductor  throttles on the newer Sondors and 6 wire on the single speed older models. This is a replacment for the one you show and Sondors is the only know replacment for one exactly like the one you broke.

https://boltonebikes.com/collections/throttles/products/thumb-throttle

There is no known replacment for  the 3 conductor throttle at the present but you can find one without the correct Higo connector and splice your old connector in, at one of the suppliers on Aliexpress. Yes, it seems to be difficult to get replacements at present. 

You may communicate your displeasure to the Sondors Company at  Sondors.com. The owners forum is not part of the Sondors company. It is hosted and administered by owners to help others members.  It is not a complaint board, so please refrain from posting those sentiments here as you have already agreed, in the Terms of Use when you registered.

https://boltonebikes.com/collections/throttles/products/thumb-throttle

thanks 

image.jpeg.460181aebee7ca43d0f0c2b7c7188c24.jpeg

REDDY

Thank you Reddy Kilowatt!

I would like to express my apologies for the emotional post, and also say thank you for helping me out again! My complaint was not against you or the members of this forum (which I apreciate very much). I do think however that Sondors should install a better network for Sondors owners which allows us to buy every part of a Sondors bike more easily on the internet.

Thank you again and kind regards!

Dietmar

PS I did edit my first post according to your suggestions

Edited by didi

Sondors is a small company with few employees and limited cash flow, producing bikes for the best price on the planet, That narrow profit margin makes capital investment in inventory limited especially for stocking and warehousing a large parts supply. Almost every part is avalable, off the shelf in China, with the exception of the battery box. If Sondors raised the price of Ebikes, a few hundred dollars ...  they’d do better job at inventory but that’s the price we pay to get a good deal. There  are many more people who can buy and enjoy Sondors bike because of the Great value at a Great Low Price. 

It’s frustrating to not be able to ride your bikes because of lack of replacment parts but most are out there if you can find them or handy enough to retrofit or modify existing generic parts. I also have more than one Sondors and this one has few of the original parts. It does, although, have the original throttle, but only one LED still lights. There is a way to wire a jumper to use the 6 wire throttle for the 3 wire system that is documented on this forum but it might take considerable searching to find it and I’m sleepy. )) 

2E801558-F64E-4471-B279-94694F060DE9.thumb.jpeg.0079b430f1500ce64644fd012c964c3f.jpeg

Thanks, Yippie Ki 

image.jpeg.0595cadf17bfa972eab184062b667f3b.jpeg

Reddy