3D-vice

KT LCD3 user manual, and Setup LCD8H, Everything You Need to Know - Sondors eBike

* The best way to use this video is to watch and write down the desired options, then exit and program your LCD. if you try and program while watching the video your LCD will timebout and none of the settings will be saved and you’ll have to keep starting over because of the length of Kyles explanations .

Aftermarket LCD Display user manual (also applying for Sondors eBike LCD)

KT3-LCD_short_en.pdf (english language 2-page manual)

KT3-LCD_full_en.pdf (english version full manual, 2013)

KT3-LCD_full_de.pdf (german version full manual)

Programming the KT-LCD3 and KT-LCD8H Everything you need to know

EDIT:  This manual is the current version for the KT-LCD3.  It includes different behavior in some of the settings and lists C13 (regenerative braking... not applicable to Sondors) and C14 - PAS assist strength tuning (applicable to Sondors)

KT-LCD3_2015.pdf (English, v3.0, 2015)

• Like 1

Is the manual that would apply to a bike sold and delivered on 12/26/17 available?  My PAS for all 5 levels is too strong for anything but wide open riding.   Thanks!!

Thanks for the video link.  I don't know the exact model of LCD color the came with the new Fold xs but via admin code have gone into the advanced settings.  It is much easier - user friendly than the older screens.  All the factory settings were acceptable except the speed limit which was 20mph which I changed to 25... which is as high as the display would go.  I'll be doing a test ride later today and see.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By mossmatt
      DIY: S-LCD3 Meter for Sondors eBike

This walkthrough is for those who purchased the non Sondors S-LCD3 with the white flat 5-pin connector. If you are not comfortible with soldering, then you may want to wait for the retail Sondors LCD in xmas 2015.
      Walkthrough by Matt Moss
      Downloadable at uberbills.com/DIY-SLCD3-Soldering.docx
      S-LCD3 purchased from BMSBattery.com

Tools:
      Screwdriver
      Wire Strippers
      Soldering iron
      60/40 Solder

Step 1: Attach LCD3 to handlebars

Step 2: Snip off the useless white flat 5-pin connector.

Step 3: Pull meter cable through top hole in sondors battery box. (no picture)

Step 4: Snip off the round 5-pin female plug and strip all the wiring down a half inch.

Step 5: Proceed to tin the stranded wire ends. tinning means to apply hot motlen solder to the stranded wire, which helps to solder two separate wires together.

Step 6: Admire your soldering job and apply insulation. I used cheap electrical tape, but you should spend a few cents and get some shrink tube.

Step 7: Double check that no exposed wire is showing, and test our your new lcd meter. Hold the center power button to turn on. To keep the backlight on for easy viewing, press and hold the up arrow. If you hold and press the down arrow, your bike will lurch forward at a walking speed, so be careful!

FAQ:
      Q: I press and hold the up arrow like you said and my bike wants to go for a ride. What gives?
      A: You installed your LCD button upsidedown. Reverse it and you should be fine.
      Q: Halp! Why is my LCD screen upside down?
      A: You installed your LCD screen upside down. /reverse it and you should be fine.
      Q: After installing the LCD, I am unable to engage the throttle and the bike does not move, yet everything is on. What Gives?
      A: Check that the LCD screen is actually on, you must have the LCD turned on in order for you to power your bike and use the motor.

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me (private eMails or information not permitted in open forum PM me).. Please include in the subject “Sondors Storm Owners Group”
      If this walkthrough helped you in any way, please consider donating! Have a nice day!
      paypal: private eMails or information not permitted in open forum PM me.
      btc: 1KFfPjPhngm1ZezWu1YUReNGXFpbfgxtoz
    • By DavidN
      I purchased the August 2018 run XS Fat and received in Jan 2019. The admin password for advanced settings is 1515.

• By martin vahey
      Hi I've just bought a pre owned fat bike, not sure of the exact model but it has the "Wendy" led controller.
      I inverted the bike to swap brake pads (being careful not to damage the controller) but it began to rain very heavily so I left it in situ and when I came back to the bike after a day or so I couldn't start it, yes the battery was charged?
      The screen was completely blank, no led's on the throttle.
      then after 24hours the lcd screen showed the 'boxes' where the information should be but just the boxes no actual information, this screen is visible even with the battery removed, so I'm thinking rain  penetrated the lcd controller whilst the bike was inverted.
      Ive now opened the controller and left it indoors in the hope that it will dry, and will put it in a bag of rice to absorb any moisture from the circuit board, is there anything else I should try?
    • By Lindsey Nguyen
      Hello Sondors riders! 
      Just want to show you guys and gals the new KT-LCD3 now with a USB port! It still looks the same, functions the same except it now has a USB port in the back so you can charge your phone or power your headlights. Has a 5v output with 2.1amp to charge the latest Samsung & iphones. See more information here https://electrobikeworld.com/products/kt-lcd3-usb

• By steve77
      need to know what "03   Info" means on my display i just jot my bike in December and already its giving me some weird code.... what does this mean - and how come you sonders is so lazy as to give out information on the LCD controller for my FOLD X. half of the codes and modes of the LCD are not described anywhere.

At the moment i'll just settle ok knowing what a flashing " 03 Info" on my display means. Everytime i use the assist throttle on my FOLD X - i get this message and customer support for sonders has been pretty cruddy... can anyone here help as to what might be causing the issue. there is also a slight noise form the motor that i do not recall hearing before (but perhaps its just me).
  • Popular Now

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.