We've updated some things - please give us feedback when something isn't working as it should. e-Mail: user-support@sondorsforum.com Read more... ×
Sunnie

SONDORS Fold X - Color LCD / 25 Amp Controller Kit

Hi Sondors family,

Is it worth buying the upgraded Color LCD SCREEN/25 amp controller on a Fold X? It would be a good holiday gift for myself especially now that I don’t have a Vespa anymore.

Thanks,

Sunnie

Oh No! What happened to your Vespa? I’ve always admired Stings GS, since watching the movie Quadraphenia.

7DAA9381-9F6B-4532-8D7A-776346F06C0A.jpeg.753afee0d918ac6e5e3f352ffb547bca.jpeg

i haven’t bought the Color Display yet but I’m considering it for my new 750watt Fat build but the 25 amp controller is a must. The difference in acceleration / torque and slight top end have been described as, “Running Like a Scalded Cat”. And the controller upgrades are the first enhancements that most owners do across the Sondors model spectrum. 

https://youtu.be/B0F6x8V0NZQ

image.jpeg.460181aebee7ca43d0f0c2b7c7188c24.jpeg

Reddy 

Hi Reddy,

I T-boned a car on Oct 25th- not my fault. The driver made an illegal left turn in front of me and I was on a middle lane on a three lane road- driver came from the opposing traffic. The Vespa is totaled but I’m still lucky because I didn’t break anything or injured my head. Just had a lot of internal soft tissue damage especially in my abdominal area down to my hips- I looked like I was 6mos pregnant after two days. I’m recovering but again- very lucky! Hubby wouldn’t let me ride one again and so my Sondors Fold X is the closest that I have.

I wouldn’t be able to program the new LCD myself so I may have to take it back to a local bike shop. Thanks for the input about the amp- hubby uses the accelerator more than me but it may be fun to upgrade.

Happy Thanksgiving Reddy!

Sunnie

Wow, that’s terrible and thank goodness you’ll be alright. I can sympathize because my midsection is kinda traumatized. Tuesday I has an Umbilical Hernia Repaired (but yesterday I was able to ride 29.3 mi, to pickup my pain meds at the pharmacy). I’ve been referring to the procedure as a Masculine Cesarian Section. It’s the opposite bookend to when I birthed, My Boy Stoney, my Kidney Stone.  

Here’s to your fast recovery and back on your Sondors. I’m convinced that I’m much healthier because of mine and no longer plagued with Type 2 Diabetes, because of my mileage and the help of a Ketogenic Diet. 

You wont be sorry about the upgrades and Merry T-Day to Y’all.

My Boy Stoney .pdf

image.jpeg.0595cadf17bfa972eab184062b667f3b.jpeg

Reddy 

Yikes! I can’t believe you rode to pick up your pain meds & 29.3 miles- wow! I guess that’s the beauty for people like us - we heal a lot faster because we’re concerned about our health and enjoy some type of  physical activity as part of our daily routine. My first concerned after the accident was not being able to ride and go to the gym. I used the Vespa for 14 years to ride to and from work and I was planning on using my Sondors instead after the accident (I have used it to work many times in the past too) but my husband wouldn’t let me. We live in Los Angeles and riding a bicycle is really dangerous because of all the drivers not paying attention. Unless more bike lanes are added and made safer for cyclists , I’m stuck with riding my Sondors on the bike path for now.

I truly enjoy our conversations- hoping for your quick recovery too.

Sunnie

CCDB0F4B-C278-4049-99F3-109F06CA47CB.jpeg

2542C2D7-FDFA-4546-BE4F-3BC472C54700.jpeg

Sunnie,

I think your injuries are a lot more serious than my procedure and although it hurts to sit-up or get up using my stomach muscles, the only discomfort on the bike, is getting my leg, up and over, and off the bike. Riding, I didn’t hurt or risk injury at all. My incision is superglued and stitched. ))

I’m 20 miles, round trip from the closest town, shopping and my P O Box (no mailbox at my house) and half of my route is on a Rail Trail Path, adjacent to a commuter rail line. I’m very remote but just a stones throw (30 miles) from the DFW Metrostool and can take my bikes on the train to extend my range to cover all of the vast  Metroplex. 795CF4FC-F4FE-4E61-9153-90D8FC0F474F.thumb.jpeg.c440e45a4a7d8f1b66ec1e23b3b7f41e.jpeg

Love that you included pics of the Dogs. You know what’s the problem with Dogs? Like potato chips .... one is never enough. Because I’m environmentally committed, I sold my car on November 27th 2017. I wanted to see if I could go a year without one. Well, now I’m thinking I’ll try one more winter before buying a Toyota Prius. Here’s my latest project addition to the Electric Black Lightning that’s taking some custom attachment fabrication. The yoke on the trailer is too short for the dropouts on the bike so I’m fabricating extensions. This is Fly my Boy and little Scarlett, the Red Border Collie who is 6 mo. 

14BC738C-4D72-4B1F-A90B-E386A9C23AC2.thumb.jpeg.6c907f3342d1d24d18f6900edfbf6292.jpeg

196DB860-2FCA-406D-AEDC-9AB7350A9919.thumb.jpeg.3a8135c3756852a1293e62d6592a454b.jpeg

My goal in life is to become more Border Collie. 

image.jpeg.0595cadf17bfa972eab184062b667f3b.jpeg

Reddy 

I can’t beleive we’re so much alike. I take my dogs everywhere (except work obviously) and I use my Electra cruiser most of the time because of them. I still can’t find a big basket for both of them to go on my Sondors but I love your rig! Too bad I’m not as creative as you and I always need the bike shop for help for any bike additions. I would love to live far from the city but our jobs requires us to be in one at this time and most likely until hubby and I retires. Your dogs are so adorable! And you’re right, after rescuing our first one, a friend suggested to rescue another to minimize separation anxiety from us and oh boy- I’m so happy we did! I’m also impressed with your carless commitment - I wish I can say the same for us. Hubby and I owns a 2004 Jeep Wrangler and it still runs pretty good. And because of my accident, we needed to get a second car so we just got another Wrangler. My husband and friends refuses to allow me to use my bike to work- it truly is more dangerous with the routes that I have to take.  I read a while back that people here in LA have more cars than children - it sucks! 

Anyway, hopefully you had a wonderful Thanksgiving with the pups and family...

Sunnie

@Sunnie, Needless to say, my Collies haven’t been riding since I sold the Jetta TDI last year and lil Scarlett’s only ride was to our home, from the breeder in Magnolia Texas, when I picked her up.. 45457BCD-1BD1-47CB-B2C6-315D136EC520.thumb.jpeg.ac106ebf9691f97abbe37cff4cf52e87.jpegThat’s one of the reasons for the new trailer. I’m a member of the Texas Sheep & Cattle Dog Association and get my Collies from breeders who trial & ranch livestock and keep the herding instincts viable . Now before you think that there are plenty of adoptable rescues out there, I do volunteer with an agency and spend 4 hours most summer weekend  days, outside, in front of a Pet Smart,  “Slinging Puppies”, how we refer to placing rescues with new families.  Most of Marty’s rescues are little dogs, like yours and it’s a pretty satisfying return for my involvement.  I also help place Collies by finding flying options for adoptable Border Collies, thru my Aviation groups.  

This was Baby Fly’s announcement photo.993284C3-FEA7-4DCA-A61F-8A8ADBA2254C.png.36c0517b09fb3dcf45724ed445496997.png

My Electric Black Lightning is being relegated into the Heavy Hauler and my new Fat build will be my Sport Model or Runabout. Kinda the same as your Electra Cruiser & Fold X.  I have considered adding a compact sidecar to one of my bikes to carry the Collies but a larger two wheel trailer makes more sense to carry both. 

We are pretty retro here, because of our Lakeside 100 year old Cabin in an Oak Forest and the only inhabitance prior to my cabin being moved here, were Clovis Indians. The peninsula out in front of my house is named Arrow Head Point, because of the artifacts that are found here.

Be sure and share your photos in the Forum Gallery and your biking adventures here too.

https://youtu.be/vucKFAmSORo

One Collie explores, one sleeps in.

https://youtu.be/_EpbEd0vKhA

image.jpeg.bbf8ca6863b27a0ee46f7e1813ac39c7.jpeg

Reddy 

Your doggies are so adorable! And hey, no judgements here... having my dogs have been amazing and I truly believe that humans who love animals are the best! I was actually worried  you will judge me for owning a Jeep... My husband has been looking for a house by a lake to retire but that would be easily 7-8 years from now. Anyway, I think I will be getting my new LCD tomorrow so I’m excited! I have to take it to the shop though cuz I wouldn’t be able to switch it myself. And please give me an update about your sidecar.

Goodnight Reddy...