We've updated some things - please give us feedback when something isn't working as it should. e-Mail: user-support@sondorsforum.com Read more... ×
Darren

Fold x Will not power on

Hi all, new here and have a problem.

just purchased a used fold X this weekend. 

It is basically in new condition, display showed 102 miles.

took it out for the first time at the beach. Was working fine until I tried going through some soft sand.

bike died and will not power back on now. Battery was at about 3/4 went this happened. 

First, check the fuse on the Battery. The fact that it died in soft sand probably means that the current draw was more than some component could handle. Could also mean a damaged controller or motor. 

image.jpeg.460181aebee7ca43d0f0c2b7c7188c24.jpeg

Reddy

Thanks Reddy, Where is the fuse on the battery? I have 48 V Fold X. don't see a fuse anywhere.

Second, Is there a way to test the controller?

It seem odd that I have no power to the lcd display.

@Darren  

To access the fuses, the case needs to come apart, just a bunch of Philips screws and cutting the labels at the seam. The 5 amp fuse is at the charge port, covered with heat shrink and the 30 amp fuse is located to the left of the picture where those red wires are located, also wrapped in heat shrink. You can check the fuse without unwrapping it (I have not accessed these fuses myself) with a continuity tester or a multimeter. Just for future reference, the fuse is a standard automotive 5 amp mini, but they are soldered in place. The pack also has a 30 amp main, so upgrading to a 25 amp controller shouldn't be an issue.

11ECE1A9-357D-40B1-BCDA-667A05764AF8.thumb.jpeg.18c067ff18eedea66a9a36ad61614bb9.jpeg

image.jpeg.460181aebee7ca43d0f0c2b7c7188c24.jpeg

Reddy