Chad Lauterbach

Sondors (Thin) Topeak Rack, Trunk, and Fender Install

I recently picked up the Topeak rack, trunk bag, and fenders. The installation was really easy and the fit seems to be great on the Thin. I'm not sure how the first would be on the fat bikes, but my guess is at least the fenders wouldn't fit. Here's the parts I bought:

Topeak Explorer Bicycle Rack with Disc Brake Mounts: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B000FIAVHE/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Topeak MTX Trunk Bag DX: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B0187ZRLX8/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Topeak Defender Tx Front & Rear Set: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MSZLR7F/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

A couple install tips:

1. I had to remove the velcro strap on the rear fender as it seemed to stretch the fender too much, but it still seems really solid.
  2. It's easier to put the fenders on first in my opinion, on the back, make sure you use the holes closest to the rear for the fenders as the others are for the rack.
  3. I found I needed to use the very last hole on the rear fender for the L bracket and the last of the three locations for the bolts on the rack.

Here's some pics of my bike post install.

IMG_5700.jpg

IMG_5704.jpg

IMG_5705.jpg

IMG_5706.jpg

IMG_5707.jpg

• Like 1

Where did you screw the rack on the right side where the gears are?  I have a thin as well and cannot find a screw hole.  Is the metal bar guard blocking it?

Edited by Roger van

You’ll have to remove the derailleur guard and let the rack support act as the guard.

Sometimes ya gotta make do with Gin.

7CAB35D6-CCA7-4F00-8191-30640EDD81B0.jpeg.babeebe2349a71ba94a2624d59167643.jpeg
I named my favorite longhorn Sondors.

REDDY

Hey Roger, Be innovative. eBikes are a burgeoning technology and a little handy work a drill bit and longer screws might be the resolve to have both. And posting your progress or result could inspire other Thin owners. That is "zackly" the purpose of this forum. It’s a body of Sondors owners, a community and together well make our bikes better. 
My own Axiom rear rack has been totally a work of transition. It’s now wider, to accommodate a battery underneath the rack, the mounting points on the dropouts, were so flimsy, I fabricated doublers to strengthen them and the rods that fasten the rack to the seat stay bosses I’ve also doubled with the second set crossing to the opposite seat stay to add lateral regidity. 
My own Original Sondors 2015 is so heavily modified it’s now no longer really a Sondors but the"Electric Black Lightning". My Dailey Driver, soon to be going up Pikes Peak! 

144E7DE9-532C-4B81-B396-7A11B3A1B1C4.thumb.jpeg.c04a803ecc7425760a6320430b15e1d0.jpeg

51A52D33-8870-471C-A6C4-507D90641B6F.jpeg.a5504fabdc5aa72ab0d4730c2bd75fe1.jpeg

REDDY