We've updated some things - please give us feedback when something isn't working as it should. e-Mail: user-support@sondorsforum.com Read more... ×

What is the maximum chainring size that can be installed on the Fold X7 without hitting the chainstay?  Anyone upgraded and has a favorite size?   I counted the teeth, and the stock Fold X7  chainring comes with 44 teeth. 

I went out with my son for a ride today, and his borrowed (sister's) Fold X7 was not able to keep up with my 20" wheel mid-drive home build.  He claimed he couldn't pedal faster.  Surely enough, when I swapped my bike with his, I was only able to hit about 20 MPH top speed in 7th gear without using crazy cadence.  Come to think of it, 20 MPH is fine, but I just want to slow down the cadence.  I can't remember this for a fact, but I thought I was able to hit 26 MPH with throttle only when we first got the bike.

Looks like there might not be anyone has this Fold X modification.  Meanwhile, I am studying the chainstay, and it appears to have some extra clearance for a larger chainring.  I think I will add this modification as one of my winter projects.

IMG_20180821_232039.jpg