Sune

Where to buy a cheap Bafang 48v 750w motor rear hub motor

Hi

Does anyone know where to buy a cheap Bafang 48v 750w geared rear hub moter to a Sondors fat tire bike.

I have tried to find to right one at Alibaba.com or Aliexpress but I am not sure that I choose the right one...

I only need it for spare parts........

/Sune

I don't know about cheap but Pasion Ebike is a known 'good' vendor in that it is run by a well known member of the Sondors community (Wendy Xie) and she is completely reliable in everyone's experience.  Look for her shop on Aliexpress.  If she doesn't have a bare 750w motor on the site message the store and ask for one.  You can also msg her directly on Facebook but probably it is better to go thru Ali

On 7/2/2018 at 2:29 AM, Sune said:

Hi

Does anyone know where to buy a cheap Bafang 48v 750w geared rear hub moter to a Sondors fat tire bike.

I have tried to find to right one at Alibaba.com or Aliexpress but I am not sure that I choose the right one...

I only need it for spare parts........

/Sune

Define "Cheap". They are available on Amazon for $216 with a 190mm drop out.

22 hours ago, Manx Mariner said:

Define "Cheap". They are available on Amazon for $216 with a 190mm drop out.

Careful...

First of all, the 190mm motors will NOT fit a Sondors.  Its not just the axle length that is different.  the brake rotor adapter is much larger to make up for the increased distance to the frame, and since the Sondors frames are currently manufactured to fit 175mm axles, a 190 is not going to work at all.  I actually have a 190 *cassette* motor I am doing some test work on for a different frame so I have them here in hand for comparison.

Next... MOST of the 190mm motors are cassette motors.  Not freewheel motors.  You have to be real careful about this as most of the vendors on EBay or AliExpress are sketchy in their product descriptions.  A good way to ensure you are on the right track is to see if the seller advertises the motor as "threaded".  If they do, its a freewheel motor.

Lastly, if the motor is listed as a 175mm motor then you are at least halfway there ensuring the thing will fit a Sondors frame.  the next two things you want to ensure are that first, the motor uses the "big" plug.  A rare few don't ... or the motor you are being sold is a 350 or a 500 in a 750 case... which has happened to an unlucky few Sondors upgraders.  Next, it is possible to get a cassette motor with a 175mm axle.  they are ordinarily special order but they do exist.  No one knows for sure if a 175mm cassette will fit a Sondors frame. 

If you want to be the guinea pig on that I do encourage you to give it a whirl.    You will need to do a bit of surgery to be able to use the cassette removal tool on the installed cassette (it won't clear the axle nut or the locking washer without surgery).  In the end you will have an 8-10 speed setup where you can remove the cassette without an angle grinder like you need with a freewheel cluster.

EDIT:  I bought my first motor from ebay seller 'conhismotor' and they are a good source.  My most recent purchase was from 'ifunmobi' who used actual pictures of their motors and who confirmed to me promptly this fact when I messaged them.