Scott Campbell

No power to throttle

I am new to Sondors bikes and just bought a couple of 2016 Fat Tire Aluminum frame bikes. One just quit working for me.

The battery appears to charge. The lights on the battery are all green except the upper left remains red after charging for an extended period. 

I checked the fuse in the battery and it is good. 

I get no power/lights at the throttle when battery is installed and turned on. 

Bad battery?

Thanks-Scott

44DC21F2-47C6-4D1C-BFB1-86EBE7A4C10A.jpeg

88288243-D65C-4558-B233-FF1B868E8AFE.jpeg

Scott, there are three failure points to check between the fully charged battery and the throttle. First, sometimes the battery is not fully seated in the cradle, make sure it snaps in and locks. Also look at th contact points in the cradle and battery base. Look for deformation or melted plastic, on either. Josh Wardel reported an separated power wire in either the cradle base or battery at those contact points. Next  is the battery on/off rocker.  I know, I know, but this is the most common issue with no power and it is possible the the rocker has become intermittent. Third  is the throttle power button. They are sometimes stubborn. My own has problems turning on and I might have to manipulate the button by not only pressing it but moving it up and down or side to side while pressing.  You can also make sure the higo connector between the controller and throtthe is securely plugged together, making sure not to rotate the connectors and insure  positive alignment of the pins.

If all those appear to be connected properly you can look inside the throttle ( top pops off) fir anything  amiss like disconnected wires.

if all that checks out, you’ll need to trace the power from the battery cradle output wires to the controller with a multimeter.   Every electric bike owner needs one to check Circuits. You can use the probes to pierce the wires insulation to check for voltage. 

LEMMENO!

image.jpeg.460181aebee7ca43d0f0c2b7c7188c24.jpeg

Reddy

No Self Abuse Please .....everyone misses one of the redundant switches now and again. That’s exactly why the newer models don’t have that switch.

Yippie Tie Yi Yo 

& Giddy-Up

image.jpeg.0595cadf17bfa972eab184062b667f3b.jpeg

REDDY

On 5/21/2018 at 6:10 PM, Reddy Kilowatt said:

Scott, there are three failure points to check between the fully charged battery and the throttle. First, sometimes the battery is not fully seated in the cradle, make sure it snaps in and locks. Also look at th contact points in the cradle and battery base. Look for deformation or melted plastic, on either. Josh Wardel reported an separated power wire in either the cradle base or battery at those contact points. Next  is the battery on/off rocker.  I know, I know, but this is the most common issue with no power and it is possible the the rocker has become intermittent. Third  is the throttle power button. They are sometimes stubborn. My own has problems turning on and I might have to manipulate the button by not only pressing it but moving it up and down or side to side while pressing.  You can also make sure the higo connector between the controller and throtthe is securely plugged together, making sure not to rotate the connectors and insure  positive alignment of the pins.

If all those appear to be connected properly you can look inside the throttle ( top pops off) for anything  amiss like disconnected wires.

if all that checks out, you’ll need to trace the power from the battery cradle output wires to the controller with a multimeter.   Every electric bike owner needs one to check Circuits. You can use the probes to pierce the wires insulation to check for voltage. 

LEMMENO!

image.jpeg.460181aebee7ca43d0f0c2b7c7188c24.jpeg

Reddy