We've updated some things - please give us feedback when something isn't working as it should. e-Mail: user-support@sondorsforum.com Read more... ×
E Talvo

Thin reserve power from Luna KT-LCD3 found!

Hi all,

I thought I would share some of my findings regarding Luna's KT-LCD3 and P5 - Power Monitoring Mode.

I have the basic Thin with an upgraded screen and controller from Luna Cycle.  Once hooked up, I notice that the battery level on the screen did not match the battery level that's on the battery.  Once down to 0 level on the screen, I can see there's still some power left on the battery.  So here's what I found.  If you get to the P5 function on the screen, you'll find that you can change the setting from 0 to 12.  For the Thin, I've seen 5 as a default.  So off for a ride I go, having a great time, and later found myself down to nothing on the screen.  I've figured that I've drained the battery down for the low voltage protector to kick in.  Bike was a tank to pedal and had about 2.5 miles to get home... along with a few hills.  I then remember someone saying that if you set the setting to 0, then you can get a real time of the batteries voltage.  Sure enough, the meter showed 1 bar and was able to get the controller above the low voltage protector for the bike to move.  I also noticed that if I set the PAS to 2, the low voltage would kick in as well as using any throttle.  So as long as I left the PAS to 1, and provided and extra effort in peddling, I was able to get home.   I also want to note that if you set P5 at 5, the battery level drops at a faster rate from 2 to 1 as compared to 4 to 3.  YMMV

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By agt24
      I am unable to turn the battery key that came with my Sondor's. See the linked video. Would welcome advice on what might be wrong and/or how to remedy the situation.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/skTzajQQiRNPdMDj8
    • By Phil Schofield
      I got home after a ride 2 days ago and my battery was down to 20% so I plugged it in to charge but the charger light stayed green and the battery was not taking a charge?  I contacted Sondors tech service ( Sean ) and he emailed  me back that it was probably a blown fuse in the battery.  A 90% chance that was the issue he said. Has anyone checked and or replaced the battery fuse on their Fold X ?? I am pretty handy with electrical fixes so if it is not too difficult or VOIDS the warranty I am glad to do it myself and save the time involved with shipping the battery & charger in for service.  Any feedback on this would be much appreciated.
      Felipe in B’ham
    • By Jjb
      In LA  area. 
      Cant mail. Collect only
      4 no. Bottle batteries 14ah 36v. One year old. 
      4 of them   2 sondors  2 luna  highest output
      Paid 1400$. Will take 1000$. Will split   But not selling one by one. 2 or 4 at a time only
    • By Chad Lauterbach
      So I decided to go for a 52v upgrade on my Sondors Thin using the Luna Cycles 52V TRIANGLE PANASONIC GA 18650 14AH HIGH POWER AND LONG RANGE battery. I carefully measured and I thought I could just barely get it in to my Sondors Thin if I took out the bumpers for the stock battery and some of the cable guides. I got the battery and even after looking it I thought it would work (see attached photos). I used a Dremel to take out the bumpers that were in there and most of the cable guides in the top right. The battery looks like it was made for the box, dimensionally it fits like a glove, but (and I knew this was going to be the tough part) the hard box on the Thin just won't quite close even after my modes. I don't think I'm close enough to quite get it there either.
      I really like the look of the hard box case on the Thin, so I'm trying to figure out it:
       Is there some alternative idea to getting this thing to work in the stock box. I'd thought maybe there's some way to modify the hinges... or even cutting off the outer rubber on the battery might save a few mm. Any ideas folks? That's why I'm posting on the forum. Is there another form of hard box, maybe from the non-Thin Sondors, that might fit in it? Is there something dumb I'm just not thinking of here? I guess the final option is just remove the box and put in a soft triangle bag (such as the Luna Cycles one). Does anyone have any experience putts one of those on the Thin? And once I do that I might as well get an even bigger 52v battery, right? I've also got photos of it compared to the ElctroBikeWorld LT48.
      Appreciate any input anyone has. Thanks!
      @Reddy Kilowatt?

• By Grant Cook
      I have owned a Sondors Thin for 24 hours after 6 months of thinking about it and 3 months of waiting for delivery.  Assembled,plugged battery in  (green light).  They charged it at the factory?  Thanks!  Twenty fun miles later the battery won't charge and I am deep in buyer 's remorse.  What should I do?  Green light but the battery is down to one bar.
  • Popular Now

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.