Hello. I am new to the group. I live in Toronto and I am proud owner of an X , a Thin 7 and have a Fold X on order. Currently we are covered with ice and snow, but spring will be here soon. My plans are to upgrade my bike s and am gathering info and parts.

All three will have upgraded controllers to 25A, aftermarket matching LCDs and new 6 pin throttles, all from     Electro Bike World        www.electrobikeworld.com

I see there is helpful info in this forum. I'll keep people informed

Finished the Sondors X.   Everything seems to work well.   It needs a few more adjustments.  softer start,  speed limiter etc.

Basically plug and play except for the battery connection, You have to recover the metal, aircraft type connector from the old controller, remove the plug type connectors from the black and red controller leads and connect to black and red wires from the connector to those wires of the same colour. You could solder. I just used Marr connectors and electrical tape.

The controller itself was easy to mount using Velco tape, onto the rear of the enclosure- very secure with lots of room. The pedal assist cable was long enough and didn't require an extension but I did add an extension to the Green, HIGO,  connector cable to the LCD.

It has a good torque increase for hills, a modest speed increase, is a little jumpy in PA-05 or with throttle and uses the battery up much quicker. Best to use low pedal assist and save the extra torque for hills. Good thing the X has a large battery. I might not upgrade my Thin7  just to keep the good range. I have ordered a second, extended range battery for that.  I find my Thin7 ,  with the suspension fork and Thudbuster more comfortable  to ride on paved or hard packed.  The X is like a tank, goes anywhere, powerful, weighs a ton.

• Thanks 1

Good to hear you've tinkered.  That is certainly my end game!   Its always nice to have a project, I'll just be sad when mine is over I think...   Still, the Thudbuster.  Short or long travel?   I'm guessing a ST post would be all that's needed, but wondering if that is true from people that have well.... done it, and therefore have the benefit of having tried and know.  Albeit everyone has there own opinion, I'm always ready to listen as I'm on the fence about this particular upgrade.  

I have the long travel Thudbuster on my X. I think every bit helps.  I will probably order a suspension fork when they are available- Sondors says later this summer.  I could go to lower tire pressure for a softer ride but the downside of that is  screaming tires and self steer on pavement. I have a pair of low rolling resistance, quiet, VeeRubber Speedsters ready for after the suspension fork install. They  require high tire pressure but the new fork will help smooth much of that out. I'm having a small problem with the Thudbuster. The actual seat  keeps coming loose. I'll figure it out

I have an old, long travel Thudbuster on my Thin.  Along with the suspension fork it rides very smoothly  and quietly..

To

• Thanks 1

Very interesting..... Thanks! :)

I came very close to getting a ST off flea bay the other week, but they seem so expensive!??  I can get cheap suspension pole for like.... fifteen quid, but the cane creek is effectively a zero on the end.   Hmmm....  Probably do it, but would like to hear from others and well... Is it worth trying a cheap one first, or will that put me off for life??

Hey Marco

Thudbusters are expensive. Let your butt  be your guide.  On one of my non ebike, fat bikes, also outfitted with Vee Rubber Speedsters, ( I call this my "Road Bike"),  I use an old, well sprung, comfort bike seat, with a large gel seat cover from Amazon. It is very comfortable and fast.

Received my Fold X couple of weeks ago. It is nice but needs some mods of course. Sondors gives you a platform, a canvas to express your creativity.

I ordered a single speed so as not to worry about derailleurs, and the extra maintenance, especially for a folding bike that gets, thrown into trunks and vans.. As I expected this setup quickly over revs the pedal input, causing you to freely rotate  the crankset  for no other reason than to make the motor drive. I like to contribute to the driving force so I have removed the single speed 16 tooth freewheel cog and am waiting for a 14 tooth and a 12 tooth option to arrive from Amazon. I think this will be easier than swapping out the 44 tooth 1/2 x 1/8 chain ring.  BTW  my  X and Thin7 appear to have a 40 tooth 3/32 x 1/2 chain and ring because they have  gears.

The way to operate my Fold X  bike will then be to use the throttle to assist any initial drive away struggle (or for hills) then  use the planned higher ratio gearing and variable PAS for normal travel. I'm also still waiting for my fender/rack option.

My Sondors X runs really well with the earlier mentioned mods. I have selected a smaller 26 inch wheel size on the LCD. Speedsters are only 3.5 inch thick. That seems to make it quicker.  Of course the speed limiter is set to 72 k.  It is very quiet and rides lower. The Speedsters  are not  good on loose pack or mud,  but are fine on wet pavement and grass, even shore line, hard packed, beach sand.

I'm not changing the Thin 7 yet , (suspension fork with a  LT,  old Thudbuster). It is fine as it is, like as sports car compared to the lumbering X. I'm waiting for my spare extended range battery.

This is fun for retired millwright. Enjoy your summer riding