The purpose of this thread is to display the various parts of the Sondors Original electric bicycle.  These diagrams are meant to annotate all parts on the Sondors Original ebike with an eye towards defining terms for the complete beginner.  Have a suggestion for improvement?   Post a question in the forum so all can see and contribute.  This thread is a reference work that is closed to replies to keep it tidy.

Try clicking on an image and bring it up in a new window.  These started out life as high resolution images and can be seen larger in their native format.

The Frame
Here we point out common terms for the Sondors frame.  These terms are common to all bicycles and ebikes, and you can use these terms in any discussion of cycling, anywhere.

terms_frame.thumb.jpg.ab06c3b69381e36554c7d161e633a2d5.jpg

Bicycle Components
Here we list the parts attached to the frame, above.  We can't point to every single part but we have hit all of the highlights

terms_components.thumb.jpg.b63dc52e9fb3d9a7616bf0f563bd495b.jpg

Components - Rear
Zooming in on the back to label a few things not easily visible in the full bike view.

component_rear.thumb.jpg.0dd7504e96a7ad816f35860a89813676.jpg

Components - Front
Zooming in on the front axle area to see some details on the brakes.  More importantly, if someone wants to see your Sondors' nipples you don't necessarily need to call the police.

component_front.thumb.jpg.e07182319ede33bf559ff7fef4c30127.jpg

Components - Middle
Now you know the bottom bracket means two things depending on what you are pointing at.  And the 'spindle' is the axle of the cranks, and hold on the crank arm via the crank bolt (which takes an 8mm hex key wrench that you should check every so often to ensure it is still at about 35 ft lbs of torque).  Plus with this enlarged view we can see the 2-pieces that make up the PAS system a lot better.

component_mid.thumb.jpg.8005b5e4c03c4de8c3481464ef39f7bc.jpg

• Thanks 2

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Yann
      Hi everyone,
      Apologies if this has been asked before but while searching on the forum I couldn't find that specific info for my setup. I'm about to order a new battery as I'll soon be working "far away" from where I live. I have a fat Sondors 2015 with the 250w stock motor and a Storm Hot Rod 25amp controller from Luna Cycle.  I want essentially to increase my range, but I wouldn't mind  a bit of extra power as long as that doesn't hurt the motor. So my question is, am I better off buying a 36v battery with 17 or 20am, or would it be fine to buy a 48v 20ah as per the link below ? I'm thinking, if I need to spend that much on a battery I might as well treat myself, but once again I don't want to end up replacing the motor in a month from now.  I would be riding something like 16 miles per day (go and return), and I am not really willing to upgrade the motor as it's already barely legal where I live (I might not be tolerated as well if I'm riding even faster) . Thanks in advance for your suggestions !
      Yann
      https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07QYQQK8K?pf_rd_p=330fbd82-d4fe-42e5-9c16-d4b886747c64&pf_rd_r=XW1F5VB70PMA5GQTYCNV
    • By Roy
      Hi Sondors community! 
      My name is Roy, 30 years old and live in the Netherlands. I will use the bike for commute to work. Round trip is 20km (about 12 miles). 
      After debating back and forth I finally went ahead and bought myself a Fold Sport. Here in the Netherlands we have dedicated bike lanes that are overall in very good condition. So no need for suspension or fat tires. Ordered the bike on the 10th of may and recieved it yesterday 15th of may. Talking about a quick delivery !!
      Very excited about recieving the package I cancelled all my plans for yesterday evening so I could start the assembly of the bike.  With the help of the video's on the Sondors website this was a easy task to complete. In about an hour or so the bike's assembly was complete. Wow this bike looks even better IRL!! 
      In 1 of the video's they gave the tip that you should first charge the battery. This way it should be charged when you finished the assembly. Followed step by step the method to charge the battery. Saw the led indicator on the charger blink green,red,green,red a couple times. Left it in the charger and went ahead to assemble the bike. When the assembly was complete i checked the battery and the LED indicator was showing a solid green. Already charged? Came pre charged from the factory? Sweet!! After unplugging the charger step by step I went ahead and put the battery in my bike. 
      Turned the rocker switch on the battery to 'on' and powered up my LCD by holding the 'i' button in the middle on the controller. The excitement was real........ my first testride was about to happen......... Except on the top left of the LCD there was a blinking and empty battery indicator?!?!? How? I just charged it and the LED indicator was showing green = full battery? Since it was only on charge for about 1,5 hours or so I decided to but the battery back on the charger for another 3 hours. But unfortunatly when I tried it the 2nd time i was greeted by the same empty and blinking battery indicator? What a bummer!! Test drove the bike but there was no power. Not what I was expecting from my first E-bike! 
      I contacted the chat via the Sondors website and they adviced me to make a technical support ticket. So I went ahead and did that! I am sure this will be just a minor thing that can be fixed but it is a bit of a bummer!
      DId any of you experienced the same issues? How did you get it solved? If someone has any sulutions on how to solve this I would like to hear about them. 
      Thanks in advance everyone. 

Kind regards, 
      Roy 
      P.s. sorry for my bad English grammar haha 
    • By SportFoldBoy420
      My lcd has just died on my Fold sport from water damage I'm quite sure so this is my perfect opportunity to upgrade I have been looking at the 750w bafang rear hub motor and they say it will lace in 350w motor no problem but I have the 250w bafang rear hub motor. Will it fit? But first I want too upgrade the sondors lcd to the ktc3 25 amp and 25 amp controller and will wait till sondors have the 48v 14 amp available in Europe  until i upgrade the motor as the 38v 8.8amp battery won't be powerful enough. Any suggestions or problems with my plan I would appreciate feed back
    • By Lane
      Hello everyone, I currently have an Original Sondors Fat Tire bike from 2016 (I believe).  I purchased it from a friend who had performed some upgrades to it.
      As the bike sits today:
      Luna Storm 48v 20ah Battery Controller Model KT36/48ZWSRMD-SLSLD02 Rated for DC 36v or 48v, Rated current 12A Maximum current 25+-1A (Assuming this is from Luna as well) Original Motor Bafang RMG06 36v 350W(10) 26-1-1508195560-6 LCD Luna LCD Dashboard for Sondors KT-LCD3 Took the bike out for a ride the other day after it had been sitting in the garage for about a month and received a motor hall connection error on my LCD screen. Tried the usual unplugging the connection under the chainstay and making sure I had charged the battery. I'm wondering if I am able to replace the cable coming out of my motor (if that is the culprit) or if I need to replace the motor altogether. If that is the case, would anyone recommend I upgrade to a 48v motor? Would it make a difference/ work with my existing upgrades? I'm new to the forum and Ebike scene in general so I appreciate any help. Thanks!
    • By Albert Werth
      SONDORS X arrived on January 7, 2019. 
      Living in Southwest Florida has made it easy for me to ride every other day.  I am recovering from a bone on bone knee with a  damaged  medial collateral ligament. 
      After a full year of daily PEMF treatments and two Prolotherapy injections, my Prolotherapy  doctor recommended that I start exercising using a bicycle to stimulate the natural lubricant within my recovering knee joint. I started exercising with a standard road bike, but  was not able to “Spin” with minimal effort as instructed.  I own a 2010 electric recumbent trike, but is it is next to impossible to get in and out of a bike several inches off the ground.   I recall seeing the SONDORS advertised several years ago and decided on the SONDORS “X”.  I use the thumb switch to move the Fat Tire “X” up to 16+ miles per hour, then put the bike into 7th  gear and move the pedal assist to  Number 3, this allows me to Spin at the optimal level, without causing stress on my knees.  I started with five minutes the first week and I have added five minutes per week, I am now at 20 minutes, and this technique has allowed me to build muscle riding it every other day. I have been able to move the pedal assist down to number 2, my goal is to ride on  Fort  Myers Beach after I have built enough muscle in my legs. My target for the beach is early March!
      My SONDORS X is a very well-built fat tire bike and has been the perfect platform for my recovery!  I don’t see myself going back to my electric trike or the road bike, the sign on my front lawn, “BIKES FOR SALE”
      Thank you SONDORS!
      Al
      P.S., Super easy to accessorize 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.