A 2018 Mid-Year Message From Storm Sondors Read more... ×

4 hours ago, Jim Siebel said:

I have the foldX. My free wheel speed is 24.5 MPH on both bikes. Power is one bar.

Thanks!   Maybe the motor needs resistance to display power?  My street is a snow emergency street and is clear, but pretty wet.  Maybe I can do a test run tomorrow.

I have the stated remedies to adjust my PAS settings and they work but it shuts off all throttle function and the speed is displayed incorrectly. Anyone have any insight on this? I have resorted to setting back to default settings.

Received my wife Fold X single speed last week,  After a test ride I did not like the PAS bandwidth.  Sondors tech support shared this link and the 1-10, 2-20, 3-50, 4-70, 5-96 setup is what i was looking for.

Thank you JCJ and other forum members!

• Thanks 1

Hey folks.....I was beginning to think I was really dense while trying to change the PAS settings on FoldX.  Instructions are very unclear......but this is how I got it changed, first don't pay attention to videos on line.  The LCD I have is the KD51C which is different than all of the LCD I saw on line.  

Power up LCD

press and hold + and - buttons at same time

then press and hold + and - buttons again

your in the right spot. VOLt will be showing

Press + one time to the next parameter SCr

press i (power button briefly) to access levels

S-1_## (mine 15)

S-2_ ## (mine 25)

S-3_ ## (mine 35)

S-4_##(mine 45)

S-5_##(mine 55)

when finished, press and hold i (power) to save and back out

the default setting were way too fast for my wife to keep up with!  She likes these new settings.....

Hi Forum members, I have a Sondors X 7 speed Fat Tire bike, 48V, 500W. I bought it in early January so it has the new square looking LCD display. I too would like to change my PAS settings as it drives me nuts when I ride with non-eBike friends (I want to pedal but it just takes off even on 1 and I have to stop pedaling to regulate my speed). When I go into the settings as outlined above I get a different response. Do I have the same model LCD as Jim Siebel posted above (KD51C-KDS)? How do I check? I am unable to get past the "clear trip counter level". If anyone has step by step instructions or can point me to a youtube clip, that would be much appreciated. Thanks

SamCR,

I thin you do.  Follow what was posted above.  Here it is to be handy:

Power up LCD

press and hold + and - buttons at same time

then press and hold + and - buttons again

your in the right spot. VOLt will be showing

Press + one time to the next parameter SCr

press i (power button briefly) to access levels

S-1_## (mine 15)

S-2_ ## (mine 25)

S-3_ ## (mine 35)

S-4_##(mine 45)

S-5_##(mine 55)

when finished, press and hold i (power) to save and back out

Great!   I have mine set at:

s-1  15
s-2  30
s-3  50

s-4  75
s-5   99

I had it at 9 settings, but found that it required too much clicking if you needed top power (s9) from bottom power (s1)

Sounds like we think the same. I set to:

S1 - 10

S2 - 20

S3 - 50

S4 - 75

S5 - 99

I have test ridden it yet. I am looking to have just enough assistance to overcome weight and tire friction. Do your settings do that? How is it in Setting 1?

Lee Love has the answer. That's where I have mine set.

The factory settings must be for a 36V Fold. 

I usually use settings 1 or 2 on relatively flat streets at 6-8 MPH walking the dog.  Occasionally  I use #3 on hills, but almost never use 4 or 5.

I also set the max speed on my  wife's bike to 20 KPH.  It was too fast for her at 40 and scared her a bit.  I'm sure that when  she gets more used to it, I'll be able to set it back up.

Edited by Jim Siebel
Additions

Just to add:  I found that 28" wheel was the correct setting form my Thin7 using a GPS app to confirm.    I am now getting 22mph which is plenty fast for me and keeps me legal on the bike paths and trails here in Minneapolis.   

Edited by Lee Love

1 hour ago, Jim Siebel said:

Lee Love has the answer. That's where I have mine set.

The factory settings must be for a 36V Fold. 

I usually use settings 1 or 2 on relatively flat streets at 6-8 MPH walking the dog.  Occasionally  I use #3 on hills, but almost never use 4 or 5.

I also set the max speed on my  wife's bike to 20 KPH.  It was too fast for her at 40 and scared her a bit.  I'm sure that when  she gets more used to it, I'll be able to set it back up.

Is your top speed on the Fold 45kph?     I wanted the lower settings for the first too assists because sometimes you just want to amble and take in the view.    

Test rode bike, Lee is right, I ended up with same settings:

s-1  15
s-2  30
s-3  50

s-4  75
s-5   99

Next topic, voltage levels. My voltage indicator has never been off full charge, even after a 30 mi ride with lots of step hills. I have a feeling it is set for a 36V system. Any suggestions for setting a 48V system?

hello together,

a question. does it show the current time or not?

i don't get to the point where you can set the time during setup :(

time_settings.thumb.JPG.236dee38008e4e80e19b6f18be4af295.JPG.39782551064aede963793dc473ae5490.JPG

admin note: restored post from June 9

Ours doesn't seem to have a Time function.

Mine stopped presenting the MPH and distance.   Most people think it is the sensor magnets in the Hub motor. 
A real bummer.  Everything else works.  I just need to get a separate speedometer.  Or figure out how to fix it.

admin note: restored from June 9