Tom French

A1111 LCD

Just hooked up my new lcd on my thin 7. Does anyone know about the advanced settings or programming? I’m wondering if you can adjust the settings to over ride the speed limit. 

@DjAdams It turns out Tom French's story is a typical one now.  Used to be LCDs were delayed by often just one day from the bike delivery.  Now it seems a couple weeks is typical and they are the new version.  

If you want to break the speed limiter, at present the only option is to tell it you have a 20" wheel or similar... the smallest it will allow you to specify.  Other elements of the display will be out of whack as a result but thats the only way known so far if you want to speed up.  Alternatively you can still buy an aftermarket controller and display.  ALSO:  While this was all going on I discovered the KT-LCD3U, and an obscure USA vendor.  the 'U' is the same display as we've been using for about two years but it has a built in USB charge port.  Several owners are waiting on trial purchases to see if it works as expected.

Point being there are still good options out there and you now have a display that owners of older unmodified Sondors actually want to buy second-hand.

Edited by MattRobertson

Thanks for the info, I too waited a couple weeks for the LCD to ship after I received my bike. Now I just need to figure out how to adjust the tire size in the settings. At the moment, the motor cuts out at 13.5 mph, I thought it was supposed to go up to 20mph....There seems to be settings, and then advanced settings, which are just characters and numbers that don't make much sense to me. Thanks again, maybe I'll look for an after market LCD.

@Myeamans, If you buy an aftermarket LCD, you'll also need to purchase an aftermarket Controller, and visa versa. The Sondors Controllers only work with the Sondors supplied LCD's. 

Happy New Year 

image.jpeg.a674549d506d9580ebd5124c3ef51153.jpeg

REDDY

Thanks for your help. In the general settings, it only allows you to change from mph/kph, backlight level, or trip counter clear... doesn't seem to allow tire size changes, maybe in the advanced settings, but those codes are way above my pay grade. Thanks again, and let me know if you see any other info out there. Cheers

5 hours ago, Moodysurfer said:

I just got my third Sondors X. It came with the new A1111 lcd screen. This bike is noticeably faster than the two Sondors X models I got in Aug with the older LCD screen. Any one else seeing this?

You are not alone in this observation.  There has been some theorizing that the newer models have understated amperage numbers on their labels, much like Mopar muscle cars of the 1960's often had understated horsepower ratings.

Hi I park my bike then it fell n my lcd screen went black with ink. Hope this one is more durable than the one that came with my X coz it went out after a couple of days 

@Senegal, you sure have trouble with the LCD screens and this has been answered for you before. There is no other LCD that is more durable for your bike and only the Sondors branded LCD will work. Please read  this answer from our forum owner, Andi, and you might want to review the whole thread. 

https://sondorsforum.com/topic/2004-question-about-upgrade-for-sondors-fold-x/?do=findComment&comment=7278

id suggest parking your bike in a spot where you can't back into it and where it can't topple when a tire goes flat, the occurance because of the kickstand. 

image.jpeg.460181aebee7ca43d0f0c2b7c7188c24.jpeg

Reddy

sengal its an lcd, if dropped its prone to break, no matter the manufacture. I recommend not buying the lcd controller from sondors but buy the  upgraded lcd and controller from luna cycle.  This is advice for the sondors original,  may not apply to the sondors X. 

On 12/23/2017 at 5:24 PM, Tom French said:

All I can say is this is way better then the older LCDs.

Just got this today for my X

Tom,

The LCD with a sticker A1111 is the new KD51C.

The manual was posted by Reddy last month..It takes awhile to figure out what the manual is saying, but it gets better with time.

I'm not there yet, but I'm understanding most of it and plan on posting a condensed English version after I get a better understanding.

I have been able to set PAS levels, wheel size, battery level displays and a few other things, but don't understand all of it yet.

I should have looked at your posting date.  I'm sure you have it figured out by now.

20171223_182133.jpg

Edited by Jim Siebel
Update

Reddy,

The KD51C is the first LCD I have used, so I am not qualified to say which is better.  I was only commenting that the unit with the A1111 sticker on the back, like mine, is the KD51C.

Jim,

i'm in the process of building yet another bike with my original Sondors Bafang 350 watt motor and a 25amp controller. I haven't bought an LCD for the build yet and if the 51C has advantages that's what I'll try. 

Thanks 

image.jpeg.460181aebee7ca43d0f0c2b7c7188c24.jpeg

Reddy

Reddy,

From what I have seen, i believe the 51C is better looking and more readable than the previous unit, but question if it has as many programmable features.

Example; it has a new walk mode which I think is neat, but I have not been able to program it to go any slower than  a fast jog. When I walk the bike up hills, I just jog the thumb throttle to the speed I want.  this makes the walk mode useless.

I still need to learn more about programming it and hope to write an english translation of the manual in the near future.

Jim