THIN inner tube

Electrified

I put together my Sondors thin this weekend and the front tire blew when I hit 75 psi. probably should have just taken it to 60 psi.  Trying to find an inner tube has been interesting due to the long stem.  Took it to a bike shop and was told that the tire did not fit the wheel and that is why I got the tube blow out. I will be trying a 60 mm presta tube tonight.  Is it possible that the wheel is defective?

Edited by tjf0

Tried the 60 mm presta tube and the inner tube blew at 55 psi looks like the bike shop was correct.  It is either the wheel or the tire not fitting correctly to hold the pressure. Frustrating to have a bike waiting to be ridden but can't get air in the front tire.

I'm pretty certain that many of these flats are due to the crappy plastic inner liner that comes with the OEM bike. I had a front tire  flat today for that reason , just like my back tire flat last week( it was on the valve side and the bike store showed me where an exposed hole in the tire tire caused the flat). Now I've replaced both the front and back tire  inner liners with a quality   inner liner ( like velox).

It's shameful that Sondors should do this.

Flat tires   are the bane of bicycles, especially this type of bike. I would have happily paid more $  for a quality inner liner ( they only cost around $4-5  each retail !  Please , all you" pinch flat sufferers  send a complaint on Facebook ,Sondors forum, etc etc  to Sondors  to let  them know this is bullshit!) Feel free to attach this  letter. 

Sondors has a good idea, and a fair price, but there's a place to cut some corners and a place NOT to put out crap that sours  the Sondors  experience !

Ride On !  Boulderite 

Took the bike to another shop and they put in a 48 mm presta tube  and got the tube to hold so I now have air in my front tire.  Get to ride it tomorrow.  Also got some spare tubes and will try to keep the psi around 50 hopefully that will keep the tube from exploding.  

• 8 months later...
On 8/15/2016 at 6:39 PM, Boulderite said:

I'm pretty certain that many of these flats are due to the crappy plastic inner liner that comes with the OEM bike. I had a front tire  flat today for that reason , just like my back tire flat last week( it was on the valve side and the bike store showed me where an exposed hole in the tire tire caused the flat). Now I've replaced both the front and back tire  inner liners with a quality   inner liner ( like velox).

It's shameful that Sondors should do this.

Flat tires   are the bane of bicycles, especially this type of bike. I would have happily paid more $  for a quality inner liner ( they only cost around $4-5  each retail !  Please , all you" pinch flat sufferers  send a complaint on Facebook ,Sondors forum, etc etc  to Sondors  to let  them know this is bullshit!) Feel free to attach this  letter. 

Sondors has a good idea, and a fair price, but there's a place to cut some corners and a place NOT to put out crap that sours  the Sondors  experience !

Ride On !  Boulderite 

I'm sure they know by now!!!