biknut

Off The Strand, Southern California Beaches

1 hour ago, SD-Realtor said:

Thanks for the pic. I can definitely imagine the bike seeming like a ton of dead weight when trying to move it while folded. Makes sense that it's a beast. I just sold my Sondors Original fully loaded because it was a huge beast, when trying to get it into my boat... it's a really big boat, but the original is a massive bike and it was simply not possible to get it past the pilothouse. This may be a beast but I think the ability to fold in the pedals, and at least with the stock handlebars (which I hate the look of) I could get the bike into a much more narrow form, even if not folded in half.  Thank you for commenting on the size while folded.

One easy way I've found to move it around is to hold the rear brake, and walk it up on the rear wheel, and then wheel it around on one wheel. It's really just a beast compared to other types of folding bikes. Compared to a Fatty it's noticeably lighter when you're moving it around. It's not really that heavy unless you're trying pick it up off the ground. At any rate I'm sure it will be easier for you to move around than a Fatty.

OMFG I love this set up. I love this bike but the bars are just awful lol Where did you get the stem? Is that just any bmx bike stem? I need this set up in my life. The current set is very awkward to try to ride standing up. PLEASE LET ME KNOW!!! lol

13 hours ago, Jaime Gman said:

OMFG I love this set up. I love this bike but the bars are just awful lol Where did you get the stem? Is that just any bmx bike stem? I need this set up in my life. The current set is very awkward to try to ride standing up. PLEASE LET ME KNOW!!! lol

Hi Jaime, thank you, I'm glad you like it. Yes the stem is any bmx stem 1 1/8 x whatever fits your bar size. Mine are expensive 31.8, but there's a huge selection of 25.4 bars at more reasonable prices too.

My bars are 8.5" high. You need at least that high or higher 

Hi biknut  I purchased a Box bar(8.5in x 31.8mm) and am in the process of installing components. First, I have an adjustable angle stem and am wondering how you finished off the cap where stem attaches to the bike. I used the large hex cap that came with the bike which looks unfinished. How did you cover this? Second, it looks like you have throttle on the right side of bar and on-off and twist shiftier on the left side of bar. Is this correct? Also, the middle bar is thinner than the upper bar. Are rubber shims available so to tightly clamp components? The end caps are smaller for this bar. Are larger ones available?  I think you did a wonderful job on your modifications and always look forward to seeing your next ideas. Thank you for sharing  them with us. 

Hello,

I've ordered a Fold X-7 for myself. I have some questions:

1) Do any tools come with the bike? What tools will I need on hand?

2) Has anyone mounted the LunaCycle Banana Fender Set on a Fold (X)? The set is for their Luna Banana that comes with 20" x 4.25" tires.

banana_fender.png

banafender_2.png

coast_fenders.jpg

Hey @X-Foldes  Look at these instructions for what tools are supplies and what you'll need. 

https://youtu.be/63h8f-KxwI0

Look here for fenders: https://sondorsforum.com/topic/1852-fold-bmx/?page=2&tab=comments#comment-7109

And Here: https://sondorsforum.com/topic/1899-front-and-rear-racks-and-fenders-for-fold-x/

image.jpeg.f4c0624b2dc6d3f299c2db8744841cda.jpeg

Reddy

Edited by Reddy Kilowatt

I have bought Banana Fender Set. Have not installed it yet. The rear fender is about a perfect fit, but probably needs a support at the top point. I'm waiting for ordered rack (Ibera IB-RA5) which hopefully I can use for this support. The front fender needs some trimming as the fork is too narrow for it. Not a big issue I guess. I am going to instal both fender set and rack as the later arives.

• Like 1

On 2017-11-26 at 4:26 AM, X-Foldes said:

@klyatskin That is some rack. Please consider creating a thread and posting updates with pictures of the process!

Banana Fender Set shown. The front fender has been trimmed a little bit.

-- 

IMG_1829.JPG

IMG_1880.JPG

IMG_1881.JPG

IMG_1883.JPG

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, MattRobertson said:

Wow I think thats the best fender fit for this bike that I've seen yet.

The Luna Banana uses close to the same size tires (4.25" x 20").

On ‎9‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 9:30 AM, jakmak said:

Would a stem riser like the one below work on the fold?

I like the look of the BMX bars but I would like to keep some height to the bars.

Delta Pro Stem Riser

Did you ever figure this out?