Skinsaphrenics

October 22 deliveries

My Fold X 7 black/red was just delivered!  It turns out that the tracking number Sondors gave me is different than the one UPS sent me afterwards.  That would explain why the one from Sondors never gets updated.  It only took about 10 hours for UPS to take it from LA to their hub in So. San Francisco.  I can't wait to finish work so I can go home and put it together.

Hopefully everyone else who's waiting will get their soon.  Fold X in black/red should ship very soon based on my experience and Magus'.

I put it together last night and went for a ride.  Wow, what a great bike and such a unique experience compared to the three other ebikes that I've ridden.  I love it so much, I put 24 miles on it last night and this morning and still have half a charge.  Oh, and it fits easily in my car.

38169168431_266a2c67de_o.jpg

38113224356_b82154d623_o.jpg

24316473518_f11835962b_o.jpg

Looks very nice Tminator.  

Better get a all weather mat for your trunk area or keep a towel available for the wet/muddy rides in the future.  :D

I got my Fat 7X on Sept 28th.  To date I have yet to get the LCD for it.  I have been told 3x now they would send it that week.  Saturday night now and still no LCD.   

6 hours ago, sURFNmADNESS said:

Looks very nice Tminator.  

Better get a all weather mat for your trunk area or keep a towel available for the wet/muddy rides in the future.  :D

I got my Fat 7X on Sept 28th.  To date I have yet to get the LCD for it.  I have been told 3x now they would send it that week.  Saturday night now and still no LCD.   

Yeah, lesson learned on the wet/muddy ride.  Gotta keep a towel in the car to clean it off.  I also need to look into fenders if I'm going to keep this up.

I got the same "it's going to ship this week" run around a few times too.  The one that finally told me what was going on and got me my bike was Paul on Sondor's chat support.  Maybe try chat again until you get him.

Mine has arrived! Sadly, I am traveling so it will sit a couple more days in a box until I can put it together and ride. I ordered the Thudbuster seat post thinking I would want it it soon enough. Very curious to see how the Fold X is for a tall rider... 

On 10/24/2017 at 5:07 PM, Shocker said:

My two boxes for Fold X 7 arrived today.  Will open them shortly for the assembly.  Glad it was only one month behind what was anticipated vs. November.

I made a September purchase...which was pushed back to the week of October 22nd and I'm sad to report that mine has not arrived as this is now supposedly scheduled to arrive mid-November.  Below is the conversation I had with customer support. 

My concern actually goes beyond the delivery of the bike, but support in general...

I live in a residence that has a small elevator.  So, before I purchased I asked customer service what the length was from the "nose" of the front tire to "heel" of the back tire.  THREE times I was told what the wheel base length was...why would I need to know that???   Just realize that you're not getting a knowledgeable bike person on the other end.

I contacted customer service on October 13th regarding wheel nuts.  Paul in customer service said he'd check and I have still yet to hear back. 

I mean, what if there's a recall?  How quickly do you think you'd be notified??? 

And what about support for bike fixes??? Or even the inventory of spare parts???

Click three times to view full size.

Sondors2.png

Edited by ScoobySnacks

@ScoobySnacksI actually think the support person handled your chat session very professionally.  Yes, it sucks for them to miss the delivery date more than once, but I have more beef with the Sales and Marketing department than anyone else.  Sondors needs to shape up and irons out these wrinkles, as this type of practice of over promising won't help the company in the long run.  Because the margin is so thin (one of the reasons we've purchased our bikes, right?), there really isn't much room to compensate some of the purchasers that got screwed.  I personally would offer those whose bikes were delayed some store credit, but I'm not running an inexpensive ebike company.

Edited by Shocker

Really having fun with this bike! Easy to put together and maybe it's just because it's my first ebike (and fat tire bike) , but what a kick it is! Rack and bag next - which will also help as a rear fender. Also need to clean up wires... 

MVIMG_20171110_112742.jpg

Edited by Magus

Totally understand your frustration ScoobySnacks

I ordered in July, got my bike on Sept 28 however the LCD has never arrived.   3 times been promised, no dice.  Email to support, no response in over a week.  Someone really needs to do a complete quality check over there at Sondors ASAP.   Hard to get investors when so many issues with little visible effort being done to fix.  I get plenty of email spam daily from Sondors so it is not like someone does not have the time to look into the issues.  

Magus, 

Is that a wire outside of the wire wraps hanging down?   

Edited by sURFNmADNESS

Finally got Paul on the online chat with Sondors.  After an 8 hour review of my account, Sondors logistics has come to the conclusion that UPS lost my LCD in shipment.  This despite the fact that the label/tracking shows UPS never picked up the LCD at the Sondors warehouse.   So a new order has been cut as of 11/13 to send out a new LCD.   As of today 11/15, I still do not see a UPS label or tracking number yet on the order.   

2 hours ago, sURFNmADNESS said:

Finally got Paul on the online chat with Sondors.  After an 8 hour review of my account, Sondors logistics has come to the conclusion that UPS lost my LCD in shipment.  This despite the fact that the label/tracking shows UPS never picked up the LCD at the Sondors warehouse.   So a new order has been cut as of 11/13 to send out a new LCD.   As of today 11/15, I still do not see a UPS label or tracking number yet on the order.   

If it's like my order, the UPS tracking number Sondors give you doesn't get updated.  I only found the actual tracking number UPS updates because I had an online UPS account and it showed what was being shipped to me.

Tam

A glimmer of hope.

I just received an email confirmation indicating a label has been created for the Fold X (two months later)...still no word on the controller.

FYI, a label being created doesn't really mean anything yet because UPS doesn't have it in their hands. I ship stuff every day via UPS and FedEx.  And it's only when the product is in the freight company's hands will you get live tracking with an ETA.

Whenever it ships, I should receive it the following day since I live less than 50 miles away from the dock.   Hopefully before the New Year.

Stay tuned.

sondors-delivery.jpg

Edited by ScoobySnacks

On 11/7/2017 at 8:34 PM, ScoobySnacks said:

I contacted customer service on October 13th regarding wheel nuts.  Paul in customer service said he'd check and I have still yet to hear back. 

I mean, what if there's a recall?  How quickly do you think you'd be notified??? 

And what about support for bike fixes??? Or even the inventory of spare parts???

A Sondors really is not the bike for a person who wants extensive customer service.  Its more for self-starters and the mechanically handy.  With a Sondors, you are getting a very good bicycle at a price point that is far below the competition in its class.  But you are trading after purchase service to get that low price.  On the flip side there is a huge user community here and on the Facebook group that can help out diagnosing and solving almost any issue... but your fingers will do the wrenching.

These bikes are excellent for people who can do basic bike maintenance.  If something goes wrong you just replace the part or take it to a local bike shop for same.

There aren't going to be any recalls.  This is a Chinese product that uses industry-standard motors and controllers that are common in a 100-million-unit-strong domestic ebike marketplace.  Bafang's motors are bulletproof and proven.  KT's controllers are simple and widely (and cheaply) available.  The throttles are similarly common animals made by Bafang or Wuxing.  The LCD... again an old standby you can easily buy another of at a low cost.  After that, its just normal bike parts.

As for bike fixes.  You do that yourself, or take it to a local bike shop.  What else could there be?  You can't ship a bike back to... anywhere.  Its just not practical.  The cost of replacing a broken part is generally far less than the trouble of shipping the bike to another location and back again.

If you want that kind of customer service the likely best alternative is the Specialized line... but we are talking 9 grand a pop.

Edited by MattRobertson