biknut

25 amp controller in a Fold X

Just wanted to thank you for this post!

I put the 25 amp controller in with a kt-3 LCD, very easy install after I gave up trying to attach it to the plate. 

With my 450mm thudbuster putting my butt over the rear wheel at full extension, I was popping wheelies everywhere!

I wish they'd set up the motor with windings for high speed instead of all the torque I have now... but at least there's no hill I can't conquer. 

Can someone tell the settings to use on the  new LCD when changing the stock controller on a fold from 15a to 25a 

Edited by Doug McDow
To add a word

On 10/5/2017 at 5:31 PM, Rob88 said:

The install was quick and easy.  The difference in torque is quite noticeable.  The bike will climb steep hills now without pedaling, which it couldn't do before.  I went with the standard wiring, so it was plug and play all the way.  Highly recommended upgrade!

On 4/23/2018 at 12:29 PM, John VanderMyde said:

Just wanted to thank you for this post!

I put the 25 amp controller in with a kt-3 LCD, very easy install after I gave up trying to attach it to the plate. 

With my 450mm thudbuster putting my butt over the rear wheel at full extension, I was popping wheelies everywhere!

I wish they'd set up the motor with windings for high speed instead of all the torque I have now... but at least there's no hill I can't conquer. 

Good to hear,hope that I have as good luck with the fold!  I am patiently waiting for Lindsey to ship the 25 A controller and LCD!   My morning ride!

0437A774-0B98-49FE-9CE2-DA7BC6B907BC.jpeg

Edited by Doug McDow

Yes, the red Higo connector is for lights, and headlight / tail light,  plug and play combinations are available from the domestic and Aliexpress Sondors suppliers. Options include head, tail and horn.

image.jpeg.460181aebee7ca43d0f0c2b7c7188c24.jpeg

Reddy

Programming! When I turn the LCD on it lights up and all readouts appear to be correct. Then when I try to go to P-1 it will not go there. I push the up and down buttons at the same time for 3 seconds, but it will not change to the P setting.  Help

This is my new 25 amp  controller and the LCD  which I installed today!

Edited by Doug McDow

The 25A  controller works great! I have over 125 miles since the upgrade and not a problem. It is a little faster, a lot quicker, more towing power , and more torque on the hills where I live. I bought the Controller from Lindsey at www.Electrobike.com.  She will set you up with everything that you need! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Doug McDow said:

The 25A  controller works great! I have over 125 miles sense the upgrade and not a problem. It is a little faster, a lot quicker, more towing power , and more torque on the hills where I live. I bought the Controller from Lindsey at www.Electrobike.com.  She will set you up with everything that you need! 

Thanks Doug! I'm pumped to get my Fold X.

Were you able to get the LCD and LCD extension cable from ElectroBike.com as well? 

EDIT: Just called electrobike and they seemed confused (mentioned they only sold their own models). How did you get in contact with Lindsey?

Edited by David De Las Morenas

Yes, it will not mount on the bracket. So I just wedged a piece of a plastic ice tray in to keep it  from moving. It is working fine. I am sure that their are better ways to secure it, but the tray worked for me. Lindsey used a rag and that worked for her.

• Thanks 1

Hello,

Thanks in advance to everyone that contributed..

preparing my upgrade with the 25A controller.I own a fold (2017 european version- bafang rmg06.250.dc).

I have the 48v 14ah battery. trying to buy the equipment needed. 

only three doubts:

1) in velomobileshop they mention 2 options of this controller I doubt with his size. can someone tell me wich should I choose ?

by the way....I didnt find anything in Sierra ebike.  only  in The aliexpress shop of pasion ebike. At velomobileshop they're out of stock in this moment.

2) My stock lcd is KT  LCD3... I think I will need another one for the new controller but I'm not sure. Can you confirm me this point ? Is the "wendy" lcd the only one  that fit with The KT controllers (20 or 25 Amp) ?

3) too much 25 A for my 250w 48 v motor ?

I stopped my upgrade cause I think that It's my battery that limits my system.

My motor can hold maybe (not sure) 800W (it's a BAfang 250w48V).  It has holded yet around 720 W when everything was new

My battery 48v+14ah can offer now (10 months of use) around 650 wh (52 x 12.5) in max  load.  I could hold aprox 150 wh extra with my stock motor.

My stock  controller is 48Vx15A.  It can hold around 720wh max but the battery will never offer that. 

Can someone  help me to be sure that in my case (without previous upgrade of my battery) the controller upgrade would change nothing ??

thanks

First, your  motor is exactly like the 350W Bafang that is  shipped to the rest of the world. Only the printing on the outside of the case has been changed to “250W” to comply with EU restrictions. If you Review this forum in detail, you’ll find that many, MANY owners have upgraded to the 25A Hot Rod controllers to gain the most utility and performance from their Sondors , regardless of the model.

You will too. 

https://www.electricbike.com/ebike-battery-math-volts-amps-amp-hours-watt-hours/

https://www.electricbike.com/52v-battery-3077-fet/

image.jpeg.460181aebee7ca43d0f0c2b7c7188c24.jpeg

Reddy