biknut

25 amp controller in a Fold X

3 hours ago, Reddy Kilowatt said:

First, your  motor is exactly like the 350W Bafang that is  shipped to the rest of the world. Only the printing on the outside of the case has been changed to “250W” to comply with EU restrictions. If you Review this forum in detail, you’ll find that many, MANY owners have upgraded to the 25A Hot Rod controllers to gain the most utility and performance from their Sondors , regardless of the model.

You will too. 

image.jpeg.460181aebee7ca43d0f0c2b7c7188c24.jpeg

Reddy

Thanks reddy. I Imagined that the motor was a 350W but was not sure.

I will try then.

but  I  still want to understand how the battery limit the power source to the controller and motor. Just want to learn about it.

I have read many articles yet but still not sure of the role and limits (for the final power) of the battery.  Confused. Thanks again.

@ale, The battery does not limit current flow or voltage, except for the inherent discharge characteristics of the individual cell, ie: (Li Ion 18650 GA)  Limits are the function of the Controller, 

F454EAA9-5C09-4A60-8B51-31F5083304A3.thumb.jpeg.1ffd8749b77ba005282e7c75ccc9d9ab.jpeg

E57A7A86-7900-4ADA-8427-16537BF9B823.thumb.jpeg.1c8de547a6df360a90445f31f0a4a2a0.jpeg

Obviously your query is not encompassed by the scope of this forum, as made evident by replies to your posts. I’d suggest going to electricbike.com and joining that forum, where the members, for the most part, are eBike Builders not Sondors Buyers.  The simple answer to the reason for your visit here is that members here, have to a member, been satisfied (most cases giddy)  with the 20amp and to a greater extent 25amp controller upgrade. You will too. If not, you’d be the first.

https://www.electricbike.com/ebike-battery-math-volts-amps-amp-hours-watt-hours/

https://www.electricbike.com/52v-battery-3077-fet/

image.jpeg.460181aebee7ca43d0f0c2b7c7188c24.jpeg

Reddy

Thank you reddy.  That's what i thought..but I have read so much (know these two articles for some time and the web) that in some point due to the power limited of my 15A controller (Actually he limits the Amperes between 11.5 and 12)  I lost myself and I have doubt about this question and thought that it was maybe the battery my limit. Item solved.