A 2018 Mid-Year Message From Storm Sondors Read more... ×
biknut

25 amp controller in a Fold X

Just wanted to thank you for this post!

I put the 25 amp controller in with a kt-3 LCD, very easy install after I gave up trying to attach it to the plate. 

With my 450mm thudbuster putting my butt over the rear wheel at full extension, I was popping wheelies everywhere!

I wish they'd set up the motor with windings for high speed instead of all the torque I have now... but at least there's no hill I can't conquer. 

Some One STOLEN TIS CAP for Me Any One Know How I Can Get This One
Or Replacement or To Get Some The Cover The HOLD or Ventilation CAP
Thank
 5ae056e3274ec_COVERBikeFolderX-Copy.jpeg.6ce0b0ea35b9039c58923ecfef45bb45.jpeg

Can someone tell the settings to use on the  new LCD when changing the stock controller on a fold from 15a to 25a 

Edited by Doug McDow
To add a word

On 10/5/2017 at 5:31 PM, Rob88 said:

The install was quick and easy.  The difference in torque is quite noticeable.  The bike will climb steep hills now without pedaling, which it couldn't do before.  I went with the standard wiring, so it was plug and play all the way.  Highly recommended upgrade!

On 4/23/2018 at 12:29 PM, John VanderMyde said:

Just wanted to thank you for this post!

I put the 25 amp controller in with a kt-3 LCD, very easy install after I gave up trying to attach it to the plate. 

With my 450mm thudbuster putting my butt over the rear wheel at full extension, I was popping wheelies everywhere!

I wish they'd set up the motor with windings for high speed instead of all the torque I have now... but at least there's no hill I can't conquer. 

Good to hear,hope that I have as good luck with the fold!  I am patiently waiting for Lindsey to ship the 25 A controller and LCD!   My morning ride!

0437A774-0B98-49FE-9CE2-DA7BC6B907BC.jpeg

Edited by Doug McDow

Thanks to Lindsey, my 25A  controller, LCD, and extension cable came today.  Not sure when I will start on the fold, but I may need some support. Please stand by 

Thanks to Lindsey, my 25A  controller, LCD, and extension cable came today.  Not sure when I will start on the fold, but I may need some support. Please stand by 

Yes, the red Higo connector is for lights, and headlight / tail light,  plug and play combinations are available from the domestic and Aliexpress Sondors suppliers. Options include head, tail and horn.

image.jpeg.460181aebee7ca43d0f0c2b7c7188c24.jpeg

Reddy

Programming! When I turn the LCD on it lights up and all readouts appear to be correct. Then when I try to go to P-1 it will not go there. I push the up and down buttons at the same time for 3 seconds, but it will not change to the P setting.  Help

This is my new 25 amp  controller and the LCD  which I installed today!

Edited by Doug McDow

Any update Doug? How does it ride now?

Where can I order the 25a controller from at this time? And with what LCD/extension cable?

Some of the links one page 1 are broken now.

Edited by David De Las Morenas

The 25A  controller works great! I have over 125 miles sense the upgrade and not a problem. It is a little faster, a lot quicker, more towing power , and more torque on the hills where I live. I bought the Controller from Lindsey at www.Electrobike.com.  She will set you up with everything that you need! 

Edited by Doug McDow
To add to.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Doug McDow said:

The 25A  controller works great! I have over 125 miles sense the upgrade and not a problem. It is a little faster, a lot quicker, more towing power , and more torque on the hills where I live. I bought the Controller from Lindsey at www.Electrobike.com.  She will set you up with everything that you need! 

Thanks Doug! I'm pumped to get my Fold X.

Were you able to get the LCD and LCD extension cable from ElectroBike.com as well? 

EDIT: Just called electrobike and they seemed confused (mentioned they only sold their own models). How did you get in contact with Lindsey?

Edited by David De Las Morenas

Yes, it will not mount on the bracket. So I just wedged a piece of a plastic ice tray in to keep it  from moving. It is working fine. I am sure that their are better ways to secure it, but the tray worked for me. Lindsey used a rag and that worked for her.

• Thanks 1