Lindsey Nguyen

60v Sondors Fat Tire

60v Sondors Fat Tire

My latest Sondors bike build, equipped with my newest battery the L60, a 35a 60v controller, 60v KT-LCD3 and 750w Bafang geared hub motor. The L60 is a 60v 17.5Ah Panasonic cells coupled with a 50a high quality BMS built inside. The new "original" Sondors fat tire bikes are now bigger with larger frame and battery box. All of the stock batteries now have the proprietary triangle Sondors battery which I've never used and sold on FB for $250. This is also true for the Sondors X. The First thing I did was took off the battery box and did some modification to make the L60 battery fit inside along with the 35a controller. Using a rotary tool with a cutter bit, I shaved off some of the moldings inside. See before and after photos. Note the L60 and L3 batteries are identical in dimensions but have different specs. The new battery box is larger than the older version fat tire and there are much more room to add components like usb ports, buck down converter etc. This also allows more air circulation to help cool the controller. I added my L bracket to hold and secure the battery in place. The 750w motor was swap-able to the existing original 350w motor case so no re-lacing the motor to the rim was necessary. The motor came with a 7sp Shimano freewheel but I opt not to use the multi gears as I live in a flat area. What I did was use the original chain and put it on the 3rd gear and use it as a single speed. After completion I took it for a test ride and it popped a wheelie on me as I hit the throttle! It pulls me like a roller coaster and the acceleration and torque this setup has is phenomenal! How fast can it go? 40mph top speed at C5=10! For the level of performance you get and the distance range you will gain, you CANNOT find this anywhere in the market for the cost I paid for the bike and upgrade parts. I really had a lot of fun building this bike and look forward to my next build. I highly recommend this setup for anyone who needs more power, speed, torque for climbing steep hills, longer distance range or anyone who's looking for a more fun and exciting ride!  

20170803_202806.thumb.jpg.1038c7d81cad0e0cffc2ebcf38ad853e.jpg

3rd gear.jpg

20170728_155349.jpg

20170801_164052.jpg

20170801_164534.jpg

20170801_164828.jpg

20170801_181309.jpg

20429915_10214066912656980_6398470209828075851_n.jpg

L bracket 2.jpg

L bracket 4.jpg

20170802_185812.jpg

20170802_190529.jpg

20170803_202904.jpg

20170803_202940.jpg

7 minutes ago, Manx Mariner said:

How do you think this will reduce the life of the motor? Does it get pretty warm? Any other concerns?

Since this mod was first introduced, a total of zero motors have been harmed by it.  Nobody knows what it takes to kill a Bafang 750w heavy duty motor.  But this ain't it.  

I know of someone who put a custom controller on his 750 that pumped out 2600w *continuous* and over 3000 peak watts to his 750 on a 52v battery.  Didn't hurt it one bit.  60v is a lot but its still nowhere near that much (2352w peak on a full 67.2v charge).  You should be fine.

Lindsey, I have an order in for a 52v but, this has me thinking of going for the 60v. Currently I have a 48v, 35a, 750w. As I understand it all I would need is your 60v 17.3 battery, a 60v 35a controller, and a 60v KTLCD3, all of which you sell, correct? Would it be possible to change my order since the battery wasn’t supposed to be back in stock until the 24th? Is the 60v in stock as well as the controller and LCD?

I’m still thinking this over in my head but, would like to know if the order can even be changed first. 

Thanks to you and Matt. 

1 hour ago, Manx Mariner said:

Lindsey, I have an order in for a 52v but, this has me thinking of going for the 60v. Currently I have a 48v, 35a, 750w. As I understand it all I would need is your 60v 17.3 battery, a 60v 35a controller, and a 60v KTLCD3, all of which you sell, correct? Would it be possible to change my order since the battery wasn’t supposed to be back in stock until the 24th? Is the 60v in stock as well as the controller and LCD?

I’m still thinking this over in my head but, would like to know if the order can even be changed first. 

Thanks to you and Matt. 

Yes I do have the L60 + 35a 60v controller and LCD 60v in stock ready to ship if you decide to go with this setup. Take your time and let me know on what you decide.  :)  

49 minutes ago, Lindsey Nguyen said:

Yes I do have the L60 + 35a 60v controller and LCD 60v in stock ready to ship if you decide to go with this setup. Take your time and let me know on what you decide.  :)  

OK, I would like to do that. How should I cancel my order and reorder?

Hi Lindsey!

Can I charge your battery with the original charger from Sondors, or do I need a special charger?

Do you ship to Europe (Austria) and if so, on what terms?

Wow,  might take a little time for Lindsey to get back to you if you didn’t follow her instructions in her post but I can fill in for her about her published info about the 60V battery that  comes with the appropriate charger.

https://electrobikeworld.com/products/l60-triangle-battery-60v-173ah-samsung-lithium-ion

Introducing our latest product the L60 60v 17.3Ah Samsung lithium ion battery pack. This battery will produce higher top speed, faster acceleration, higher torque for hill climbing than our current L3 52v 20.3Ah battery. Both batteries will have the same distance range but the L60 will get there faster. The L60 & L3 both have same identical dimensions so you can install inside the Sondors fat tire battery box along with a 35amp controller. This battery is intended for the true enthusiast who wants to take their bike to the maximum level of performance! Order yours today and get ready to go 35 + mph top speed! We recommend this battery to be used with our 60v 35amp controller/60v LCD and 750w Bafang rear gear hub motor.  

Package includes:

- 1 60v 17.3Ah triangle battery with genuine Samsung cells and XT90-S female plug pre installed

- 1 XT90-S male plug with pigtails to be installed on your controller

- 1 5amp high quality aluminum case battery charger with cooling fan

- 1 year warranty from time of purchase (on non physical damage battery only)

- Free shipping to the lower 48 states. International shipping is available

*This battery is made to order and will take approximately 9-10 days delivered to your door. 

We also do customize battery pack according to your dimensions and specs. Please contact us here and let us know what you need. Contact us

*disclaimer we are not responsible for any accidents, fire outbreak, explosions or any kind of damage or injury due to the use of our batteries and products. Please take all necessary precaution with the use of our products. Use at your own risk. 

CCB42D5D-24D3-447E-978F-949AC3730907.thumb.png.9dc8b4439ce400d8e50e97738763eef9.png

157C1072-F29A-42C3-9157-C017485FBADD.jpeg.559725d0e58d67223cf9367b9106ce66.jpeg

REDDY

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Geopal04 said:

Hi Lindsey!

Can I charge your battery with the original charger from Sondors, or do I need a special charger?

Do you ship to Europe (Austria) and if so, on what terms?

Thanks Reddy.

Geopal04 - 

The rule of thumb is you can only use the specific voltage output charger for your battery and the charger has to be for lithium battery. For example if your battery is a 36v then you need to use a charger specific for a 36v battery only. A 36v charger has a max output of 42v a  52v =58v and a 60v =66v.  The label on the charger will tell you the max output. Since the subject here is a 60v battery so it comes with a charger that has a max output of 66v. It doesn't matter how much Ah a battery has, the more the Ah the longer it takes to charge.

Yes I can ship world wide, just make the purchase of the charger on my website and add in the international shipping on the item. If the item does not have an option to choose international shipping then contact me either thru the website or here and we can make arrangement for international shipping payment.

Hope I answered your question.

• Like 1