This AD helps to cover the costs to run this forum: Login/register to see less ads
Bradb

September Shipments in USA?

So I talked with online support tonight per the LCD still shows back in the warehouse yet the bike arrived yesterday.   I was advised they are still sorting orders, but LCD's should go out late next week if not the following week.   

Meantime, my son rode the bike for 3 hours tonight.   The battery still shows most of the charge on it.   His hair looked like he had been riding a motorcycle.    He told me we need to order another so I can ride with him.   :)

This AD helps to cover the costs to run this forum: Login/register to see less ads

Got my Thin today! Charged the battery while I put the front tire on. Put lights on it and took it out for a night ride.

This was my first ever time on an electric bike. I bought the Sondors on faith.

It was even better than I hoped!

Took it around downtown Charleston, SC.  It is so quiet. It is so quick. Worth the wait. 

I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship. 

• Like 1

I ordered my Fold X in September and the delivery date was pushed back to late October.  Although the near radio silence from corporate has been curiously odd and frustrating, it's reassuring that people are indeed receiving their merchandise.    In honor of Tom Petty who passed today....the waiting is the hardest part. 

Edited by ScoobySnacks

Agreed ScoobySnacks.

From the FAQ on the Sondors site, the original goal was to be more verbal about what step your order was on.  That would have been nice to know instead of the weeks-months before suddenly getting a UPS email.    Even something easy as "order submitted to factory", "bike assembly complete" or even "bike on slow boat from China to USA" would have been better than the silence. 

As Bardb stated, it is worth the wait though.  

Taken on the way home. Made it to work in a suit without breaking a sweat. Made it home from work without getting stuck in traffic. So. Worth. It! 

897D96E9-6F74-46FC-A6B6-E178A90944BC.jpeg

I got my two Thin 7's with suspension and LCD on October 2nd. Interestingly, there was very little assembly other than the front wheel and handlebars. (and small things like the reflectors) If you have the LCD, install it right after the handlebars. The longest part of the build was removing all the foam/cardboard tubes/zip ties which covered nearly every square inch of the bike. So far am really impressed. I live in a hilly neighborhood and the pedal assist works great!  Will follow up with pics shortly. 

• Like 1

Just found out that my Fold will be delivered by the week of October 22nd.  Was suppose to arrive in September. Explanation from Sondors; delivery pushed back by one month due to unforeseen delays. Hoping this holds true!

From Sondors online support today...

Red - Sondors rep...

Please be reminded that if you ordered more than one SONDORS, an LCD screen, or accessories - all items will be shipped separately and may arrive at different times.

ME
yes, been riding the bike

was ordered at same time

it is like ordering a new car and getting it without the dash but told it is ok to drive it

Red
Yes. I understand that you ordered them together, at the same time, but they are shipped separately.

That is to make sure that the LCD (which is kinda sensitive) won't get damage while being shipped.

ME
this was tagged on the same day as the bike on the dock with ups sticker

Red
Yes. I get it.

But it is separately sent to you.

But nothing to worry, anytime this week, you might be getting the LCD already.

I can confirm that there is LCD included for the order you made, so I can guarantee you that you'll be getting the LCD soon.

ME
ok

Red
No specific date yet, but you might be getting it this week.

Yup, 
  Pretty much same answer as last week...   Maybe this week, maybe next.....

I ordered my Fold X in mid-September with an original ETA of early October. And the ship date was pushed back to late October.  I just received the following message:

"I know you’ve been eagerly anticipating additional information about when your order will be shipped, and I’m excited to share with you that we are still on track for shipping your SONDORS Fold the week of October 22nd. Additionally, LCD shipments will start the week of October 16th."

I got the same message. I've been waiting for the LCD for the Sondors X I received a couple of weeks ago and a Sondors Fold X w/LCD.

Then 30 minutes ago, UPS shows up with a small box from Sondors. Inside is an LCD but it's labelled "Sondors Fold X LCD"!

So, is the Fold X LCD the same as the Sondors X LCD just with different programming? I'd like to use it on my X since I won't have the Fold X for another couple of weeks.

Hey Mrzaphodb,

I just checked with customer service...and the rep said the Fold and Fold X LCD screens are not interchangable.  

I'm still awaiting my Fold X and I have yet to see one first hand. But I'm guessing along the same lines as you...that the two LCD screens are similar, but have different firmware/programming to compensate for the Fold's smaller wheels.

Best of luck to us both as we eagerly await an early Christmas....or Hanukkah...or Kwanzaa...or Festivus.

Edited by ScoobySnacks

Hi,

Thanks for that. However, I'm still hoping that the Sondors X LCD and Fold X LCD are just configured differently. I can see the Fold LCD and Fold X LCD being incompatible since the Fold has a 36V battery and the Fold X a 48V battery. But my Sondors X also has a 48V battery so I'm hoping the Fold X 48V LCD will work with just change to settings like wheel size.

Perhaps I'll run that past customer service.

Festivus for the rest of us!

Thanks, Dave!

After installing the LCD on the X and going into the settings, I found that the wheel size was already set to 29"! So much for the sticker on the LCD box that reads "Sondors Fold X LCD".

I guess the takeaway is that when you receive your LCD, be sure to verify all of the settings.

I changed C1 from 02 to 01 (normal pedal start sensitivity), C4 from 0 to 3 (to enable throttle at PAS 0), C5 from 00 to 06 (probably bump that to 10 after a while), C6 from 3 to 5 (like my LCD bright), and C7 from 0 to 1 (enable cruise control).

Now having the LCD, it feels more to me like my Sondors has arrived! Huge difference in performance and I can monitor battery state!

Here's what she looks like now with the LCD, Ibera rack, PDW splash guards, and L&M Urban 500 Commuter Combo front and rear lights. Just need to change out the saddle for one of my others (probably the Brooks).

20171012_154103.jpg

20171012_154215.jpg

Cool setup.  Did you paint the the frame???  Considering the seat and tires the frame looks charcoal gray? 

I'm planning a similar setup for my Fold.  Since the Fold tires are smaller and the seat post will likely extend further, I'm curious how it'll look with a pack. 

Pictures forthcoming...in a couple of weeks.