This AD helps to cover the costs to run this forum: Login/register to see less ads
Bradb

September Shipments in USA?

September Shipments in USA?

Has anyone in US gotten a shipment notification for the September lot?  As I understand it, there will be some bikes going out mid-September and some in late-September.  (I could be wrong on this.)  I ordered in early August.  So, I think I should be part of the mid-September shipment?  

But has anyone received notification for the mid-September shipment? 

Anxious and curious.

Brad

This AD helps to cover the costs to run this forum: Login/register to see less ads

I ordered in late August and haven't received any notifications.  I'm trying to forget about it, but it's tough when they have your money :-)

Tam

I ordered two Sondors X's on September 1st and the product page showed as it does now that orders will ship in November 2017. :-(

UPDATE: I got an email last Friday that said the containers are supposed to arrive in California during the week of September 22.  Then, after the bikes are removed from the containers, they will go out UPS ground.  I ordered during the second week of August.  I live on the east coast.  Here's to hoping for mid-October?  

I live in Northern California.  Yours should get shipped out before mine, since you ordered a week or so earlier than I did.  It'll be interesting to see how far behind yours my order will be.  I'll update this thread as soon as I hear anything.

Tam

Edited by Tminator

Sondors Original Fat ordered on Feb. 3, 2015. Delivered on July 15, 2015. I didn't get any notifications until about a week before it was delivered.....over 4,000 miles of grinning and smiling while I ride.

image.thumb.jpeg.76b64e1cc29f61e980a47bd8f3f33052.jpeg

image.jpeg.b8bec3ed6d409c68a55f5c983611290d.jpeg

Reddy

Edited by Reddy Kilowatt

I ordered an "X" 7 Aug 21.  Someone posted at the end of the week that he wanted to order one but they were sold out.  So mine was one of the last ones and I haven't had a notification.

Ordered X on August 18th.  From what I have read, bikes come off multiple shipping containers and get routed via UPS as they are unloaded.   Not necessarily in the week they where ordered.  If containers arrive on Sept 22 at dock, give a couple weeks for US customs and UPS unloading.  I am guessing the mass of the shipment will be out the first couple weeks of October then.  

I did a chat with Sondor support about my order.  They said Fold Xs will be on the last container to arrive and they expect to have it in their California warehouse in 2-3 weeks.  I ordered on 8/25.  So much for getting it in September.  Realistically, it looks like I'll get it towards the end of October and I live in Northern California.  The website says buy today for early October delivery.  My order didn't make the September batch?

Edited by Tminator

At least mine is supposed to be a family Christmas present early so anything before December works for me.   :D   Purchased the one bike for now to see how we do with it.  Perhaps 2 more before end of year to be ordered.  

Anyone else get the September 22 notification?  Good to know we can chat with Sondor support if radio silence goes on too long.  Here's to hoping for the first couple weeks of October!

I never got a notification on my order, which is a little disturbing.   Per my order page my order is still Paid but Unfullfilled.   Not really living up to the "Once you place your order, you officially become a part of SONDORS. We will keep you informed with regular status updates throughout the manufacturing, shipping and delivery of your SONDORS."   But, it is a young company and growing pains are going to happen.  

Edited by sURFNmADNESS
  • Like 1

I ordered a Sondors X on July 4th and a Fold X on July 5th both missing the August shipment cutoff.

However, I just received a shipment confirmation from Sondors with UPS tracking number for the X and the LCD. The UPS site shows "Order Processed: Ready for UPS".  Does Sondors assign these UPS numbers way ahead of time or can I expect it to actually ship today or tomorrow? Anybody know?

Either way...woo hoo!!!

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, mrzaphodb said:

I ordered a Sondors X on July 4th and a Fold X on July 5th both missing the August shipment cutoff.

However, I just received a shipment confirmation from Sondors with UPS tracking number for the X and the LCD. The UPS site shows "Order Processed: Ready for UPS".  Does Sondors assign these UPS numbers way ahead of time or can I expect it to actually ship today or tomorrow? Anybody know?

Either way...woo hoo!!!

If you have a UPS tracking number, you can go to their website and plug in the number and it will tell you the status.  Take a look at it every couple of days and you'll know where the bike is.

3 hours ago, sURFNmADNESS said:

I never got a notification on my order, which is a little disturbing.   Per my order page my order is still Paid but Unfullfilled.   Not really living up to the "Once you place your order, you officially become a part of SONDORS. We will keep you informed with regular status updates throughout the manufacturing, shipping and delivery of your SONDORS."   But, it is a young company and growing pains are going to happen.  

Besides the initial order confirmation, I haven't heard anything from them either.  I don't even mind that I won't get it in September like they said I would.  All I ask for is an occasional update.  I'm not feeling the Sondors love yet.  At least, they've been responsive through chat.  Once I get a UPS tracking number, I'll be pretty happy.  

Well, 

Just got my update.  UPS has printed my label.  :).

So still little bit dismayed by lack of updates to this point.  It is clearly not what is stated in the FAQ page.   

You think that means the boat came in today? My earlier notice said it would be in sometime between 9/22 and 9/29 . . . ? Getting anxious and excited! 

Yep, got my notification today.  Looked at my order and there is a tracking number.  They're preparing it for shipment.  Stuff usually takes a week to cross the country from the west coast.  I'll be checking the tracking number every couple of days to see when it actually starts to move and there's an expected delivery date.  Cool!

UPS picked up my Sondors X shipment at 8:47PM lastnight (9/21). It has now left LA and shows delivery Tues, 9/26, by end of day.

I haven't received any ship notification yet from Sondors for the Fold X I bought on July 5th. However, as I understand it, the Folds will ship after the others (way the cargo was loaded in the container(s)?).

I'm sure I'll be sufficiently distracted with the Sondors X to even care!

I got an email from Sondors this morning saying they've experienced an unforeseen delay due to popular demand and my Fold X will arrive in California during the week of October 22-29.  That's longer than what the person at the support on chat said, but is probably more realistic.  This sounds like they sold more than than they ordered for the September delivery.  At least I won't be wondering what happened until the end of October.  

It's a 7-speed Fold X.  Just got an email notification this morning on "unforeseen delay" and drag out the date to end of October container arrival, which probably means November delivery for my August order.  Not really impressed with the order fulfillment process so far due to the bait and switch.