This AD helps to cover the costs to run this forum: Login/register to see less ads
Skinsaphrenics

Front and rear racks and fenders for FOLD X

This AD helps to cover the costs to run this forum: Login/register to see less ads

This is a Planet Bike, Versa rack. Pretty easy to install, but I didn't follow the instructions because it's make to fit 26" bikes.

To get it to fit this nice I sawed about 1" off the bottom of the main supports, and drilled 2 holes. 

new rack.jpg

Fold fender 2.jpg

• Thanks 1

Here is what I'm running for now . . . scavenged off another bike in the garage.  It won't hold as much weight as others, but at least I have somewhere to put the rear reflector.   (The reflector kit included with my bike seems to be a generic off the shelf choice, with no regard to how it might fit (or not) on the bike).

IMG_1119.JPG

• Thanks 1

On ‎13‎.‎09‎.‎2017 at 9:30 PM, biknut said:

Hi biknut, where do you get the fenders to buy and how did you attach them? Can you show more detailed photo please? Thank you.

Fold fender 2.jpg

Hi 

3 hours ago, Stefan Hupe said:

Hi 

The fenders are offered by Electra Bicycles, these are called Stubby's. They come with no mounting hardware. You'll need to buy metal rod at the hardware store to use as a stay, and bend it to fit. Use this, Planet Bike hardware to attach it. The metal rod is about 0.15" diameter, but all you need to do is take one of the rear fender attachment brackets to the hardware store to make sure the rod fits in the bracket. 

http://store.electrabike.com/product/electra+cruiser+stubby+fender+set+men's+.do

https://www.planetbike.com/store/products/bike-accessories/service-parts/full-fender-rear-attachment-bracket.html

https://www.planetbike.com/store/products/bike-accessories/service-parts/full-fender-u-stay-bracket-kit.html

The front fender does have a mounting bracket, but it doesn't match up very well the Fold forks. On my bike the fender was a little to high off tire for my liking so I had to extend the mounts slightly, and also fiddle around with the attachment. You're on your own here, but this is a close up of what I did.

Buffy's fold rear view.jpg

Front fender bracket.jpg

Front fender bracket rear view.jpg

This was very interesting and helpful. Thank you so much.

I hope,  my Fold will be delivered in November. Then I will try it out. 

I'm sure you did try that together with the rack? 

11 hours ago, biknut said:

Buffy wanted a place to carry a water bottle, so Rack on

Custom Fold with Rack.jpg

What front light did you use and how can I get any power source for the light from the battery? 

4 hours ago, klyatskin said:

What front light did you use and how can I get any power source for the light from the battery? 

Everything is by necessity custom installed. This is a link to the light headlight

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2Pcs-15W-Motorcycle-4LED-6000K-Head-Light-E-bike-Modified-Fog-Spot-Headlight/322539579774?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

This is the taillight 

https://www.treatland.tv/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=vertical-fixation-clear&CartID=1

I did change the throttle because I wanted a twist throttle, and a on switch to use for the lights.

This is how I hooked it up.

Fold Lighting diagram.png

20171007_172124.jpg

Wiring harness Fold.jpg

On 9/12/2017 at 1:48 PM, Skinsaphrenics said:

Front and rear racks and fenders for FOLD X

Can someone please recommend racks and fenders for the FOLD X?  I like to get both front and rear ones.  Will parts from the RadMini fit the FOLD X?

On 9/13/2017 at 3:30 PM, biknut said:

This is a Planet Bike, Versa rack. Pretty easy to install, but I didn't follow the instructions because it's make to fit 26" bikes.

To get it to fit this nice I sawed about 1" off the bottom of the main supports, and drilled 2 holes. 

new rack.jpg

Fold fender 2.jpg

Where i can find this Fenders ?  Any idea?
Thank You

10 hours ago, klyatskin said:

Have anybody tried Banana fender set ? The size (Tires: 20x4.25"`) seems to be a perfect fit.

Shipping to Canada doubles the price though :( ...

coast_fenders__31651-1.1510188037.1280.1280.jpg

it's even more expensive for the europeans.

if someone from europe has found a fender (and other parts)  solution for the fold models please share...we can`t order in Us bike shops.

thanks

55 minutes ago, ale said:

it's even more expensive for the europeans.

if someone from europe has found a fender (and other parts)  solution for the fold models please share...we can`t order in Us bike shops.

thanks

An option are certainly the stubby fenders, see the pictures of biknut. These are also available in Europe. However, without monting parts,  which you have to organize yourself. The Stubbys look good on the Fold, but they are a bit to short and small and offer in the rain probably not enough protection. The unimoke fender come from Spain (Mallorca) and cost, for example, to Germany only 20 euros shipping. I don´t know, if they have  some parts to attached them are included.

Edited by Stefan Hupe

28 minutes ago, Stefan Hupe said:
An option are certainly the stubby fenders, see the pictures of biknut. These are also available in Europe. However, without monting parts,  which you have to organize yourself. The Stubbys look good on the Fold, but they are a bit to short and small and offer in the rain probably not enough protection. The unimoke fender come from Spain (Mallorca) and cost, for example, to Germany only 20 euros shipping. I don´t know, if they have  some parts to attached them are included.

yes. i have estimated the cost of the unimoke fenders to my place, (Spain) = 105 eu ship included. I'll study the stubby option..it's not clear at the unimoke web if their fenders include the hardware to attach them to the bike. I have also to find the stubby fenders from an european seller. Electra doesn`t ship to europe (and would be expensive I guess..). I will post my final solution. Thanks for the info and idea.

I bought the Chrome Stubbies through Amazon at about $35.  (USA)  I wasn't interested in larger fenders, but not sure what they will do in the rain.

They look great on my black and red Fold, but will require more hardware to install them.  Just a few nuts and bolts were included.  I hope to match the setup biknut used on his red Fold.  Probably the bike shop, especially for the rear support wire.

Can anyone identify the stem used with the BMX handlebars?  Including specs.