Sune

250W or 350W motor

250W or 350W motor

Hi

I have this Fat tire bike.

Sondors told me that they only ship Fate tire bike to Europe with 250W motor into the bike.

How can I se on the motor if it is a 250W or a 350W ?

Regards

Sune

That is a rather new statment and older Sondors were shipped with 350w labeled motors. 

If you have this bike look at the motor

They are the same motor relabeled to be compliant with laws in the European market and the rating is engraved on the motor

image.jpeg.b8bec3ed6d409c68a55f5c983611290d.jpeg

Reddy

Edited by Reddy Kilowatt

@Sune is this a new 2017 model?

At least the last batch of EU sold models used the 250w motors.  They would have been sold late in 2016 as part of the production generation prior to this one.  To my knowledge, NO EU 2017 models have been delivered yet and the first are scheduled to arrive next month (I have an EU X fat arriving then).

Edited by MattRobertson

The stats of the motor are printed on the casing. It should read like this: "RM G060.250.DC" (< 250W model). A 350W model would read "RM G060.350.DC".

Hi

I bought the bike in 2016 and it was delivered in February or March 2017

I assume that IT IS a 350W motor as show on the picture.

Is it possible to get a 500W or 750W motor into the same casing as the 350W ?

/Sune

Sondors Motor.jpg

That is zackly what the picture seems to show. A 350watt motor. Yes some Bafang geared hub motors will fit. Please read this posted by our forum owner and captain of the Sondors Racing Team (Go-Sondors!) Andi, about @Houshmand Moarefi 's mountain climbing monster, that set the record up Mt. Evans.

https://sondorsforum.com/topic/880-upgrade-750w-bafang-with-7-speed-upgrade/?tab=comments#comment-2761

There are many who have experience with that, many different configurations and levels of upgrades are here on the forum

image.jpeg.f09786403685115fb7fd67fefaef3e74.jpeg

Reddy

Edited by Reddy Kilowatt