This AD helps to cover the costs to run this forum: Login/register to see less ads
Andi

Please read carefully: Informations regarding delivery of your new Sondors eBike

Hey folks that are patiently, or impatiently, awaiting a shipping notice or bike, please read this. Based on our experience with this in 2015, here is what you can expect:

1. As containers arrive in LA, UPS take possession and gets them processed through customs. There are hundreds of bikes per container, and probably a dozen containers.
  2.  As each container is opened, UPS will mark them as received and you may get a notice with an expected delivery date (either from UPS or Sondors). This does not necessarily mean that it is on a truck yet or has left the facility
  3. The bikes are shipped by truck, not air. Once it leaves LA you may not get any update for days as the truck works it's way to your regional or local hub where it will be offloaded and scanned again. Not getting an update for a few days is normal.
  4. You will sometimes get a planned delivery notice once it gets to your local UPS. However, sometimes it just shows on your doorstep. Sometimes it shows up on your doorstep when the tracking shows that it's still in LA. It's quite inconsistent, and nobody should panic.
  5. If you get a notice, be patient. It can take more than 2 weeks to get to you depending on how fast they empty the containers and when they find space in a truck, how long the drive is, etc. Signing up for UPS My Choice might give you more info, but sometimes not. Whatever you do, don't start bombarding Sondors with emails about "where is my bike" yet. They have probably opened 1 of a dozen containers so far and are working through things over the next couple of weeks

We all know there's a huge shipment of bikes coming. Thousands of bikes. I can feel the excitement, or maybe it's just me lol. But anyway I can feel the pressure building. We don't mind you posting your delivery notice, but please don't post your tracking number. Just black that part out, and you're good to go. You don't want anyone the be able to reroute your delivery to my house do you? Moderators will delete all posts we see with tracking numbers. If you have ordered or already got your Sondors eBike - please login or register and pin yourself to the member map: https://sondorsforum.com/membermap/

If you have not received your bike yet and still want a test ride or meet Storm Sondors? Check out this Event:

Feel free to post your unpacked or still packed bike in this Gallery Section - We are looking forward to your pictures!

https://sondorsforum.com/gallery/category/3-unboxed-show-us-your-sondors-ebike/

The Sondors Owner Forum is a great place to share information about your Sondors eBike. We have many available resources here, that may have great value for you. Take your time and read everything carefully. I would love to see you as an new member on the Owners Forum! Questions? Feel free to ask!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

This AD helps to cover the costs to run this forum: Login/register to see less ads

Well sadly I'm a supporter but not a buyer so far, I really like the idea and would love to have a Fold but it's nice to see you also care about the customers. good job keeping the people informed.

• Like 1

Hey @Chemy,The Sondors Forum is not connected to the Sondors Company. Rather a group of highly motivated owner/riders who gather to support other Sondors enthusiasts, exchange ideas and offer help in modifying and maintaining our bikes. To us, Life is just an Unbroken Boulevard of Green Lights. 

Thanks for stopping by.

image.jpeg.cffd101aa476967990d6e3d4d3528258.jpeg

Reddy 

Edited by Reddy Kilowatt
  • Like 1

Since you didn't post to member map we don't know where you are but it can take from about a week, to 90 days depending on many factors. Where you are, which bike, what options and what color. As Storm tells us, these bikes are custom built for each of us...

.image.jpeg.b8bec3ed6d409c68a55f5c983611290d.jpeg

Reddy

Edited by Reddy Kilowatt

I ordered a Fold X 7 speed in white/blue on 8/25 and am having a hard time waiting.  It must have been really tough for those who ordered in June.  I posted to member map.    

On ‎8‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 9:17 PM, Sai Venky said:

How many days it has taken to get delivered after placing an order?.

I ordered a Fold on May 5th, and got it on August 8th. I live in Dallas

I ordered my Sondors X on July 4th and received it on Sept 26th. Sondors email shows delivered and states that the LCD is part of the shipment. I've left a couple of inquiries at their support email but haven't gotten any responses (other then the automated ones).  They have charged me for both the Sondors X and the LCD.

Has anyone talked to an actual Sondors employee about the missing LCD's?

I'd sure like mine!

Hi @mrzaphodb

LCD is shipped separately. See chat transcript with official Sondors Support:

root_September30_1506723381_CWSONDORS_Electric_Bikes_-_Google_Chrome.jpg.c28a293b2ad7ea02afbcd7a877ef9323.jpg

Please be patient and have a great weekend. 

Andi

• Thanks 1

I  received my Sondors x on September 27 still waiting for my LCD screen.I will give it a week.I meet UPS drive at end of my driveway with 2 wheeler to get bike I looked in back of his truck my bike was thrown in there with 100s of boxes everywhere,I don’t think he could of found any thing in there.  We must be patient  🙏🙏

Thanks, Andi. I had that same chat with Paul but after that I got the Sondors email that indicated that the LCD was part of the same shipment. So then I got nervous.

I'll be patient now that I know I'm in the same boat with everyone else. B|

Hi all,

I have a pretty long story behind me.

Since June/July this year I was looking to get a red/silver Sondors Thin in Germany (European Collection).

It was never available. On my questions to Sondors I got a nice reply that it would be available during the next weeks, but beginning of November it still wasn't (as for the last 5 months).

So I went ahaed and bought an American Spec Sondors Thin on 4th of November (with different motor as far as I know). I chose Germany as delivery adress (which I was able to chose) and payed the full amount via credit card.

The next day I got a reply asking if I had realized that I was buying an American spec bicycle. I replyed "yes" and I would take over full responsbility for any non-compliance with European regulations. If they couldn't deliver I asked them to cancel the order and refund the money.

That was the last contact I had to Sondors so far. I never got any further reply or information.

Now I am asking myself if I am being fooled and nothing will be delivered eventually.

Does any one have similar exeriences?

Is there any way to finally get in contact with Sondors ? They don't reply to my emails.

I would really like to have the bike, but it doesn't look like I would ever be getting one...

Cheers,

Tim

Have you tried using the chat app on their web site?  email tends to be lost in a queue.  Chat gets you a live person, generally immediately.  The issue you will face is time zone differences as they are on US Pacific time.

Hi Matt,

thanks for this hint.

No in fact I haven't used the chat app on the Sondors web site.

I will do so imediately :-)

Cheers,

Tim

Hey @erde and welcome to the Sondors Owners Forum .

Your best effort should be to visit the Sondors.com web site during business hours west coast USA. Use the message button to connect to a live Human Being if avalable. Unfortunatly the small staff is far behind answering a huge backlog of emails and they prioritize. 

Personally I ordered my Sondors on Feb 3, 2015 and the first comunication was from UPS, 5 day before it was delivered July 15. It is a waiting game but it's all good in the end. 

image.jpeg.f4c0624b2dc6d3f299c2db8744841cda.jpeg

Reddy

Edited by Reddy Kilowatt

Hi all,

I just did as proposed and met a real human being in the chat.

He told me, there is no way of getting an North America Collection bike over to Europe.

So they will cancel the order, refund the money and I will have to wait for the colour to become available in Europe.

Thanks,

Tim