This AD helps to cover the costs to run this forum: Login/register to see less ads

This AD helps to cover the costs to run this forum: Login/register to see less ads

Yes, I ordered the front suspension. I sent an email to Sondors to see if I can change my order. 

Edited by Rotam

8 hours ago, Rotam said:

I ordered my thin 7 on May 22 as soon as it was possible to order the thins. I have not received any updates on my order since the order confirmation on May 22. Now I see that some people already received their bikes. 

Is anyone else on this forum still waiting for an update like me, or have all bikes in the first wave been shipped? I wonder if it is better to cancel my order and resubmit my order. 

only the first bikes of thousands have been shipped. keep on waiting and read this post:

• Like 1

So Rotam, did they agree to send the suspension later? Or did they refund your $100 for the suspension? I too have ordered 2 Thin 7s with suspension and haven't heard anything. I kinda wanted the suspension but don't want to wait 2 months. Hmmm. 

I just asked them to change the order to a thin 7 without suspension. I did not ask to get the suspension later. You can buy the fork with suspension for $115 though, so you can always get that later. I assume they will refund the difference, but the refund is not processed yet. 

1 hour ago, Reddy Kilowatt said:

You can purchase a much better Suspension Fork for the thin at Lunacycles.com  . It's well worth the extra $ over the nonajustable Sondors fork. 

https://lunacycle.com/luna-lander-thin-suspension-fork/

That fork is thin physically but not Thin in the Sondors Model Thin sense.  The Luna thin fork is only for thru axles which the Sondors Thin is not.

For now I'm just a recreational rider. The Luna fork looks like a serious MTB fork. My trusty "Diamondback" has a crappy suspension fork that works fine for my needs. I'm more interested in not waiting two more months!

Hey B-Dub the silver bike looks great. i received the same battery..did you splice out the 4 pin connecter from the battery  to two wire xt90 on new controller?   Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Rich ,i hope you got your bike.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, batt-cycle said:

Hey B-Dub the silver bike looks great. i received the same battery..did you splice out the 4 pin connecter from the battery  to two wire xt90 on new controller?   Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Rich ,i hope you got your bike.

exactly what i did. and i can also parallel scooter batteries to add extra back up juice. two 36v 4.4ah gives you 36v 8.8ah!!!

scooter batteries use female xt 60. so solder 2 male xt 60 to 1 xt 90 adapter y adapter.

• Like 2

You are welcome. I am a little disappointed. I wanted a Thin 7 also but didn't want to wait any longer. Asked for a refund and put the money into a Specialized Turbo. Bought it locally, so no waiting. Maybe I'll try a thin 7 sometimes in the future.

I considered cancelling and going without suspension on the 2 Thin 7's i ordered, but decided to just wait. They were out of the Silver/Silver with the 10.5 battery that my wife wanted so  it was the right call. Rotam, how is the bike?

3 hours ago, Rich said:

I got news today, that I should be in the mid September delivery. :/

wonder why it took your order so long....

15 hours ago, Rich said:

I think it was that rant about Chinese imports a few years ago. Damn Internet. Things last forever. 😂😂😂

i put a rear rack on yesterday, still wiating on fendoers, i will post a few pics when its all done up, lol

• Like 1

On 8/11/2017 at 9:35 PM, Rich said:

I think it was that rant about Chinese imports a few years ago. Damn Internet. Things last forever. 😂😂😂

i extended the stem on my headset, added a rack, now i need mt lights and a pennier bag for the back...

fenders are still coming in from California...

08-15-17-Sondors.jpg

headset_stem-2.jpg

headset_stem-1.jpg

Edited by B-Dub-
added info
  • Like 1