This AD helps to cover the costs to run this forum: Login/register to see less ads
Rich

Waiting.....

25 posts in this topic

Waiting.....

I'm supposed to get the bike in August. I'm getting the standard original Fat Boy. I think I've seen every youtube video on the bike. 

giphy.gif

1 person likes this

This AD helps to cover the costs to run this forum: Login/register to see less ads

On the plus side, the wait is relatively short compared to what early adopters faced.  I have no room to complain as I bought at the end of last year when Sondors experimented with keeping limited stock on hand in SoCal... I waited a week from order to delivery :D

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I ordered the Indiegogo Original Fat Bike, on the 3rd of Feburary, 2015. Most thought the Yellow Frame Copper wheeled would be the most popular ordered and the factory picked to start building the most numerous color combination ordered....that was the Black / Yellow wheels. There was a ton of controversy surounding the crowdfunding marketing and existing eBike retailers and manufacturing claimed the Sondors effort was a hoax and rip-off because you couldn't buy the parts for the $499 contribution. There was a lot of panic on the original FB page by the nonbelievers because of all the bad press.

image.jpeg.d158efefa8bc8000a51d6f9ca736cbbc.jpeg

Storm found out that the more info he released early the more contentious the community of weak in the knees contributors became. I slept on my joining overnight and decided that it was well worth the gamble and I already had two other Fatbikes in the fire to convert before the Sondors was announced, and I could afford to lose the investment, in the cheapest bike I ever bought, if it didn't happen.  Then things got more contentious as the closing date for the campaign was extended and the price didn't go up as was published in the marketing on the Indiegogo website.  Existing web pages disapeared and replaced with others with erroneous claims about specs and performance and all this sent some into panic mode trying to get refunds with no-one answering their pleas. Well, then some pretty good production videos featuring Storm started to appear and shots of the Warehouse full of boxed up eBikes and 18 wheeler trailers loaded to capacity with bikes ready to go to the dock to load on a ship. Expecting contributors counted the product and calculated ocean routes from China to California. Excitement reached a fever pitch and I was in the first wave of deliveries and mine reached a friends house where i had it delivered because UPS can't navigate my long narrow driveway that weaves thru giant oaks....July 15th, I never doubted but it was interesting to watch the circus. Happy endings, as I drove my first Sondors Home sticking outta the trunk of my Jetta TDI.

image.thumb.jpeg.9dc2389da48a4470c9e161c2625161ec.jpeg

Edited by Reddy Kilowatt
1 person likes this

On 7/9/2017 at 7:39 PM, Rich said:

Waiting.....

I'm supposed to get the bike in August. I'm getting the standard original Fat Boy. I think I've seen every youtube video on the bike. 

giphy.gif

I was told they may get shipped out on monday 7/17......

19 minutes ago, B-Dub- said:

I was told they may get shipped out on monday 7/17......

So when does that mean you can expect delivery? 

26 minutes ago, Reddy Kilowatt said:

So when does that mean you can expect delivery? 

I was told by the end of the week......

1 person likes this

41 minutes ago, Rich said:

@B-Dub- That's awesome! Thanks!

SONDORS Team Member: Please begin watching for your tracking on Monday 7/17 as I expect your order to ship from our California warehouse this upcoming Monday or Tuesday.
(02:29:50 AM) Bobby Williams: so i may actually get it before August???
(02:30:35 AM) SONDORS Team Member: I would expect you will see it arrive by the end of this week

1 person likes this

5 hours ago, Rich said:

Maybe I'll get mine too. 

they just told me the cargo is coming in and orders have to be processed, so today or tomorrow may NOT be the case, so I'll continue my wait....

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

The container ships took about 3 weeks from port to port. Movement thru Customs seemed to be ambiguous and different from shippment to shippment. From Customs to UPS distribution warehouse a couple of days and then individual email were sent to customers when UPS had them scheduled for individual deliveries.  This might have changed with the release of new models or reorganized practices but that is how most of the first campaigns' shipments, from China progressed ..... to giggling new owner/riders. 

Edited by Reddy Kilowatt
1 person likes this

Wish I could send you guys a beer to take the edge off and help pass the time.....I remember, I was dreaming eBike riding dreams at night, while waiting for delivery.

Edited by Reddy Kilowatt
1 person likes this

On 7/19/2017 at 7:33 PM, Reddy Kilowatt said:

Wish I could send you guys a beer to take the edge off and help pass the time.....I remember, I was dreaming eBike riding dreams at night, while waiting for delivery.

thats funny, although i've had 2 beers, lol

as of today no tracking number yet, we will see about monday....

1 person likes this

On 7/23/2017 at 11:57 AM, Rich said:

This is the week. I feel it in me bones.

as of today...not yet, lol

On 7/23/2017 at 4:26 PM, Reddy Kilowatt said:

HELLO UPS......SEEN MY SONDORS YET?

image.gif.ae6440461828d64261ef9e49f9b7b518.gif

lol, nope....!

1 person likes this

2 minutes ago, B-Dub- said:

lol, nope....!

i got the same ole...."the containers are still coming in" business, lol

1 person likes this

Awesome!!!  So I can tell you I'm not going to check my email every 5 seconds.

A watched pot never boils.:D