Everbody

Security

Go to AliExpress and search for 'TK305 bicycle tracker'.  Its sold by many different vendors.  Its 0.92" wide and about 4.3" long.  You hammer the star nut down into the fork tube with the provided long M6 bolt, remove the bolt and install the tracker in its place.  The mechanism is entirely plastic so you'd better not need a strong headset connection (hint: you do).  

You need to remove it to change or recharge the two lithium batteries it is powered by.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item-img/5pc-lot-gps305-Quad-Band-Real-time-Google-tracker-gps-Mini-Hidden-Bike-Tracker-Bicycle-gps/1940893408.html?spm=2114.10010108.1000017.2.4b24ae2bKjL7vm#

Edited by MattRobertson

Maybe a seat post version is a better option because I've already got two Star Washers (4) in the Steerer. I wouldn't be too fond of pulling the seat post either.......Uh, maybe I don't need trading my routine of keeping close tabs on the Electric Black Lightening, when I'm out and about, for some other electronic subscription tracking device. For short term, I can use, "Find My eBike", iPhone app

image.jpeg.0110c299fc0bd342b6081008e29decf2.jpeg

that's on my iPhone, in the top tube trunk.......my iPad is always with me. )) 

Never Mind.  https://youtu.be/OjYoNL4g5Vg

image.jpeg.b8bec3ed6d409c68a55f5c983611290d.jpeg

Reddy

Edited by Reddy Kilowatt

Hey Reddy thanks =)

Just wanted to mention I figured out how to lock the battery box. Buy a linked chain and wrap the chain in between under the frame near the front tire and behind the seat near the back tire. If it is tight enough then the battery box shouldn't be able to open -

Thin_7_battery_lock.thumb.jpg.0bdab9aa1cc6b4893209b306ac45124b.jpg

I am putting together all the system to lock the bike up but currently I have a Kryptonite LS New York lock because it has extreme length and the highest rating for a ulock which is "sold secure gold" and "ART 4/5". The length is needed because you have to go through the back tire and the frame and after that it doesn't leave much flexibility to lock to things (some things are hard to get to even with a normal lock and all the frame to use). Kryptonite also provides a free one year money back reimbursement for any bike stolen with their lock.

Then I got an alarm based disk lock that starts an alarm if the bike ever moves. It is sized so that will fit on the back disk break in between the frame so it is impossible / extremely difficult to get to. So even if a thief does cut the U lock (which can only be cut by a power saw) they'd have to do it while the bike was beeping, then they'd have to carry the bike while it was beeping. -

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01M4MG0YT

Edited by Philasondelphiadors

You'll need tubing around the chain or it will scratch paint off the frame. And the pressure of tightening the chain may cause a slight indentation on the frame.

Edited by X-Foldes

On 8/23/2016 at 9:24 PM, Ted said:

On the aluminum bike it is down at the crank

It’s underneath the crank. Only found it by feel.  Flip the bike upside down or lay on your back and take a picture.