Motor cuts in and out.

Go to solution Solved by Andi,

Motor cuts in and out.

The motor on my Thin cuts in and out without notice.  The battery has a full charge and sometimes the bike is just fine with the pedal assist and throttle working as they should.  The motor will completely cut out and I'm left with riding it like a standard pedal bicycle.  I can ride like this for a short time and the motor will start again.  It's really frustrating because I never know what I will get when I ride it.

44 minutes ago, Tabletteer said:

At a starting point I'd sugest checking the PAS assist sensor and the magnet wheel on the Bottom Bracket Axel for alingment. 

Thank you for responding to my problem.  I will check what you told me when I get off work today.

• Like 1
On 11/3/2016 at 0:07 PM, keysguy said:

Thank you for responding to my problem.  I will check what you told me when I get off work today.

I checked after work yesterday and everything seems fine.  Could the controller be going bad or would it just stop working completely and not cut in and out?

9 minutes ago, Andi said:

Hi there, 

could you please verify that the Problem also happens when you're using the throttle? Or does it only happen when using pedal assistance ? 

I always ride the bike while also pedaling so I get some exercise at the same time.  The motor just cuts out and if I try the thumb throttle nothing happens.  Could the brake cutoff be sticking and causing the motor to cut off and then unstick and allow the motor to start back up? 

• Solution

Please check all cables. Especially the cables by the brakes. 

If everything is fine there, please unplug every single cable and immediately plug it back in. Then do a little test ride. And write us your results. 

(Even if mentioned already, please check also your PAS Sensor: 

)

On 11/4/2016 at 2:13 PM, Andi said:

Please check all cables. Especially the cables by the brakes. 

If everything is fine there, please unplug every single cable and immediately plug it back in. Then do a little test ride. And write us your results. 

(Even if mentioned already, please check also your PAS Sensor: 

)

I did what you said about unplugging the cables and then plugging them back in immediately.  I went for a ride early this morning and everything was fine.  I've got my fingers crossed I will not have another problem  Thank you for all your help.  Everyone here is so nice.

• Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...